+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cprak0 said:
@hgn Congrats! What time on Nov 26?

Just checked our eCAS and surprised to find DM and oath invite for Nov 26 10:30 am... Happy!!
So eCAS may not update to DM right away yet you may still get the oath invite within 2 months as
told at the interview...
We're in at 1:15pm just after you guys...congrats as well.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
cprak0 said:
@hgn Congrats! What time on Nov 26?

Just checked our eCAS and surprised to find DM and oath invite for Nov 26 10:30 am... Happy!!
So eCAS may not update to DM right away yet you may still get the oath invite within 2 months as
told at the interview...
Yes; what they say in the interview seems to be a very good indication of what's coming... In the past they have said 3-4 mths... Now a days the are saying 2 mths...

Sep 2 >>> nov 23
Sep 10 >>> nov 24
Sep 17 >>> nov 25
Oct 2 >>> nov 26

That's what seems to be the trend on the oath ceremonies this month...

And tests seem to be happening on 3 weeks (1 day each; 3 sessions a day) - and oath happening in 3 consecutive days of 3rd/4th week of the month.

So into dec 3rd week (assuming that will happen before Christmas break - well, last year it happened) - the ones who took test on oct 10th (?) & oct 15th & nov 2nd (?) & possibly nov 9th will get oath in dec...
Happy Christmas and new year to these...

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
boltz said:
Yes; what they say in the interview seems to be a very good indication of what's coming... In the past they have said 3-4 mths... Now a days the are saying 2 mths...

Sep 2 >>> nov 23
Sep 10 >>> nov 24
Sep 17 >>> nov 25
Oct 2 >>> nov 26

That's what seems to be the trend on the oath ceremonies this month...

And tests seem to be happening on 3 weeks (1 day each; 3 sessions a day) - and oath happening in 3 consecutive days of 3rd/4th week of the month.

So into dec 3rd week (assuming that will happen before Christmas break - well, last year it happened) - the ones who took test on oct 10th (?) & oct 15th & nov 2nd (?) & possibly nov 9th will get oath in dec...
Happy Christmas and new year to these...
AsianIndian pointed this out. A CIC officer mentioned to her that the citizenship judge comes down to Ottawa on the 3rd week of the month. Its been pretty consistent so far, tests on the 2nd week and oath on the 3rd week.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
Tests are the responsibility of the Judge as well. The judge decides which questions are to be used...

so if Ottawa relies on a borrowed judge, it might work for ceremonies, but for tests? May be somebody else
manages tests for the first 3 weeks.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
I would predict more tests than ceremonies for Dec.
4th week of Dec just before holidays, they might squeeze in a few ceremonies not like 3 ceremonies a day for 5 days,..

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
cprak0 said:
I would predict more tests than ceremonies for Dec.
4th week of Dec just before holidays, they might squeeze in a few ceremonies not like 3 ceremonies a day for 5 days,..
Not in Ottawa for sure. Have you seen the other oath centers with more than 10 ceremonies in Nov.? And Ottawa only one. It's so pathetic. I know somebody is going to say.. Again... There is no judge. Every 3 weeks... Bla bla. CIC SHOULD do something about this.
Sorry but i this point i feel hopeless for this year.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
betoherman said:
Not in Ottawa for sure. Have you seen the other oath centers with more than 10 ceremonies in Nov.? And Ottawa only one. It's so pathetic. I know somebody is going to say.. Again... There is no judge. Every 3 weeks... Bla bla. CIC SHOULD do something about this.
I think they r optimizing it to a good extent - with the constraints, if they've moved from 3-4 mths to 2 mths - I'd say they r in right track. may be they can bring it down to a month - beyond that same day/same week oath is possible only if there is an in-house judge. And note, ceremonies is just a part of Judge's responsibility, and not the only responsibility - so, its always good feel to have one; though I do not know its necessary.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
betoherman said:
What you see on the website is not accurate. There a many ceremonies in Ottawa on the week of Nov 23. You can actually see from previous posts here that some Ottawa applicants have oath on Nov 24, Nov 26, etc. And those are not listed yet on the website. Maybe it will only be visible on the website next week or whenever they update it.
When the judge comes in (on the one-but-last week of the month) Ottawa holds 10+ ceremonies (with 2 or 3 per day).

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
hey guys, I got a phone call but I was not able to attend. A lady left a message saying saying she is from CIC and would like me to be a part of "special citizenship ceremony" and asked me to call back.

Possibly a scam... any ideas?

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Wadood said:
hey guys, I got a phone call but I was not able to attend. A lady left a message saying saying she is from CIC and would like me to be a part of "special citizenship ceremony" and asked me to call back.

Possibly a scam... any ideas?
You can verify the phone number and call your local office or even call the same number. I hope it is true so you can become Canadian very soon Yeeeeh!

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
AsianIndian said:
What you see on the website is not accurate. There a many ceremonies in Ottawa on the week of Nov 23. You can actually see from previous posts here that some Ottawa applicants have oath on Nov 24, Nov 26, etc. And those are not listed yet on the website. Maybe it will only be visible on the website next week or whenever they update it.
When the judge comes in (on the one-but-last week of the month) Ottawa holds 10+ ceremonies (with 2 or 3 per day).
Wow i would like to see that..10 times.in.a.day. . Next week.will be the nov. 24 and 26. Probably they are going to update the website next...year? . Cheers.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
betoherman said:
You can verify the phone number and call your local office or even call the same number. I hope it is true so you can become Canadian very soon Yeeeeh!
I do not know if there is a way to call local office, but I plan to talk to a agent at CIC call centre tomorrow morning.

I saw people who took test on Oct 2 got oath invite, I hope to get into one of the ceremonies in December, assuming they do not cancel it due to Christmas.

betoherman

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Wadood said:
I do not know if there is a way to call local office, but I plan to talk to a agent at CIC call centre tomorrow morning.

I saw people who took test on Oct 2 got oath invite, I hope to get into one of the ceremonies in December, assuming they do not cancel it due to Christmas.
Yeah its the best way. Hopefully the CIC agent know about it. Did you take the test on Oct 2? I got it in Oct. 15 so I guess I have to wait more. Cheers.

Wadood

Star Member
Jul 13, 2009
Monreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
Nomination.....
20-09-2011
betoherman said:
Yeah its the best way. Hopefully the CIC agent know about it. Did you take the test on Oct 2? I got it in Oct. 15 so I guess I have to wait more. Cheers.
I took test on Oct 14, DM on Oct 16.