+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not including Travel history and personal address

Deep123

Jan 16, 2012
Hi there,
I am going to apply for CEC PR application this month. I have a question regarding including my travel history and personal address.

Before , I came to Canada for my studies I lived in South Korea for 1 year for my studies and I did not complete the studies and went back to home.

At the time I came to Canada for studies I did not include my Korean stay in my study permit application as I lost my old passport and I came to Canada with a new passport. Since then in all my application for TRV, Study permit renewal, and post graduation work permit application I did not include my Korean stay.

Now, I am applying for PR, I am very much afraid that whether should I include my period of stay in Korea. If I don't is it going to be a big problem?

If I include, then Is it possible the CIC will refuse my PR application as I did not mention my Korean stay in my previous visa, study ,and work permit application?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've put yourself in a very bad situation.

You need to be truthful in your CEC application and include your stay in South Korea. If you choose to exclude this stay and this is discovered during the application process, this will result in a charge of misrepresentation and a two year ban from Canada. Even if CIC doesn't catch your lie and your PR is approved, if CIC discovers your misrepresentation at any point in the future, they can revoke your PR status or your citizenship (assuming you get Canadian citizenship at some point) - and send you home. In short, if you lie on your PR application, your status in Canada will never be safe.

I would be honest in the application about your history and travels - and also attach a letter explaining that you excluded South Korea from your previous applications and why. You should admit this was wrong and ask for their understanding. It would probably be a good idea to obtain some legal advice on how to best write such a letter.

I think it's certainly possible that CIC will refuse your PR application since you weren't truthful on your previous applications. However I think the potential consequences of lying on your PR application are even worse.

Deep123

Jan 16, 2012
Hi Scylla,
thanks for your reply. I was wondering , is it a very high possibility that they will investigate and find my Korean travel history. Do they do this for each and every applications.

Also, during processing my current PR application are they going to check all information that I have provided before in my previous visa, study permit and work permit applications.

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Deep123 said:
Hi Scylla,
thanks for your reply. I was wondering , is it a very high possibility that they will investigate and find my Korean travel history. Do they do this for each and every applications.

Also, during processing my current PR application are they going to check all information that I have provided before in my previous visa, study permit and work permit applications.

Thanks,
I have no idea what the chances are that they will find your Korean travel history. However I would suspect the background checks that are completed for a PR application are far more extensive than those completed for a study or work visa.

Yes - they will have access to your previous visas when they process your PR application. I have no idea how closely they will compare the information in these past applications to your PR application.

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Well, it's not a very good situation my friend.

First issue is, that if you lived in south korea more than 6 months than technically at the time of your study permit you had to get a police clearence from there as well according to CIC guidelines, because if I am not wrong South Korea would be considered as your country of residence and I have no doubt that you were older than 18 years as well which would imply that you had to submit a Police clearence from there as well, if I am not missing anything.

Now the second thing, I am not sure as well how closely they will compare your application to the study permit one. They definitely have all the data and chances are they will punch in your name in the system and it will show all the details and than they can find out that something was missing. So, in this case yes that would be considered as a fraud.

But here is my question let's say CIC don't compare this to your study permit application. How would they come to know about your south korean stay? Is there anything that will lead them there? Any kind of documents? This would imply that if there is no such proof than they probably can't retrieve that info, but i donno how they run backgroudn checks as well.

In any case it is not right to lie and conceal the info as the reult would be disastrous if they will find out. So, your best bet is to inculde that travel regardless of the outcome. But this does not look like a good situation at all. Because you can try to defend but they will have a strong case that you lied for your study permit because to them including that south korean trip might have changed the decision or the processing of your application. So, get legal and be truthful.

Good Luck!

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
I am telling this from my experience of what happened with my friend as he was refused and kicked out of the country based on travel history. The ONLY rule is, "DON'T LIE" in PR application. The chances are very slim that CIC will compare your study permit application with your PR application, but as PR application goes through a detail background and security check, there are more chances that if you lie about your travel history, they will catch you from your passport tracking. Which is very easy, this is how it is done:
All the passport data entered at the airports is interlinked in the world, the information is accessible from all over the place. For ex: when u land in any country, they will enter your passport # in the system and then on the screen will also get the history of where ever you have traveled around the world. Same system works at CIC, the officer will just enter your passport #, which will be connected to your old passport or passport'ssssss. Only one click "enter" on keyboard will give him all the information about your travel history.

Dont even think of lying in your PR application, but trust me chances are very slim that he will compare this with your recent study application papers. So you might get away with it, like a jerry gets away from tom, in tom and jerry shows.

good luck,,,,,,

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You could have saved yourself all this trouble by mentioning the trip and roughly estimating how long you had been there or added "exact dates unknown and passport is lost/missing" and attach a police report showing you reported it lost/missing.

drunkhead is right... just last summer I heard about a guy from Korea who did not disclose a trip to Australia - he lived there for 2 years I think. CIC found out and gave him 30 days to leave the country.

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
This scared me a bit. I have kind of the same problem. I hired a consultant who did the application on my behalf and she kind of excluded few things from my application. I gave her my personal history and she did not included quite a lot from it (I found out 6 months later from my FOSS and CAIPS). I was a full-time student from 2003 till 2007 but in summer 2004 and 2005 I did trips to US (Work and Travel program - 3 months). She only said I was a student at that time and did not mention my US stays. Do you think it is gonna be a problem? I am so pissed she did this! Thanks

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
^^^^, if someone else is ur representative, still the onus is on you to see what ever they filled is upto day and correct from your knowledge before signing the papers. anyways, its past now, so if am in ur shoes, i will just keep quiet until further notice from CIC. maybe u can get away with this.... were they day trips to USA or like a week or month vacation? people usually dont mention their days trips, but more than 24 hrs out of country, needs to be mentioned.

but u can also get away from the countries like cuba or nepal (if u have indian passport), as these countries just issue travel docs and dont record anything on ur passport, while entering and exiting their ports.

and an excuse of forgetting dates is all bull shit......, because entry date and exit dates are always recorded on the passport while stamping, so u just need to open ur passport. my friend from india was called upon for interview and their he gave the same excuse that he forgot the dates, the visa officer got really angry on this and showed him a detail sheet of his enter/exit travel dates. canceled his off campus visa, banned him from entering canada for 2 yrs and asked him to leave from usa itself. he was not even allowed to come to canada from usa,,,,,, we sent his stuff home through courior service and sold his furniture. poor guy, lost his job and everything...... i still cant get over that case, thats one thing i learned and always say, never ever lie in ur visa application. they will find out, thats y they have a procedure of security and background checks.

Reactions: classico33

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
Well, she said that ONLY the main activity should be mentioned. I was a university student and went to US for three months twice. I know I should have checked before she sent it out however I did not, my mistake. I went back to ask her about that and she said that only the main activity should be mentioned and that it is not a big deal. Was your friend banned because of some vacation or was it a stay longer than 6 months he did not mention? I kind of can`t believe he would be banned because of a short-term trip.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
one of his trip was to pakistan from india, just for week,,,,, and thats what trigger the whole issue. he went there with his parents from india, with a religious tour bus,,,,, but was scared to mention it in visa application and that caused this ban.

mis representing facts/lying is a big thing in visa application and the consequences can be worst.

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
Was he applying through CEC? Cause Travel History was not required, only the Personal history so I do not think every trip needs to be mentioned in the Personal history.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012

shamol82

Jan 11, 2012
Just wondering the Korean person or the person from India who travel to Pakistan...do all of them used the same passport for CEC application as they used for the previous travel to Australia or Pakistan..?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Yup, same passport for CEC and Australian travel. The story is that he was trying to save time so he decided to conceal the trip in hopes of avoiding police clearance from Australia.

shamol82 said:
Just wondering the Korean person or the person from India who travel to Pakistan...do all of them used the same passport for CEC application as they used for the previous travel to Australia or Pakistan..?