Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
I still doubt that somebody got rejected because of not mentioning 1-week trip. None of the people I know mentioned trips and overlaping activities and none of the got rejected. Your friend must have done something bad, otherwise it is highly weird.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
It is not necessarily the length of the trip but rather the misrepresentation of facts or lying. e.g claiming to be in one place when you were in fact in another or not disclosing it.

Deep123

Jan 16, 2012
Hi I was wondering..what about my case...If it is possible to detect if a different passport is used...My current passport which I have used to come to Canada is not the same that I have used for going to Korea..My current passport is a completely new one... any comment..

veri

Star Member
Jan 16, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2011
Doc's Request.
NO
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Request
07-09-2011
Med's Done....
14-09-2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
17-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2012
LANDED..........
07-02-2012
SenoritaBella: I understand that. But for example, I was a full-time university student for 5 years. During these years, I went for student`s Work and Travel program. I included it in my personal history but my consultant decided to change it so that there are not overlaping periods and she simply put Student 2003 - 2007 and excluded these summer US programs as unimportant. I had no idea, I had no chance to find out. She just filled it again after my signature without letting me know as explained it was not important. I guess she knows what she`s doing? Anyway, I have a proof in my email I sent her my history including these TRIPS. What can I do if she just does this after my signature???

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@Veri... like someone already mentioned, it is after the fact now. Sit tight and try not to worry about it, for it may not even be a big deal. In the future, do not sign blank forms again. The 2 guys who got in trouble have a different situation from yours.

@Deep123, it is possible that your old passport is linked to your new one. The only way to know for sure is to check with your home gov't.

spartan18

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Hey guys I also wanna join in the present discussion. My situation is like this:

I came to Canada in 2008 on study visa.How do i write in " from - to, length, purpose, destination. i have been living in toronto from 4 yars. how should i mention the length, from -to?????

In 2009 I got USA b1/b2 visa and I travelled many times to USA from Toronto.

In 2011 I travelled to India via USA. I travelled from Toronto-USA-Doha- India. How shud I mention about the connecting flights ?? For example I had to travel to Los Angeles. I traveled from Toronto to Philadelphia and the Philadelphia to LA. Should I mention all. Or just LA, USA would be fine??

Please clear the question 1 as it is the starter.

Thanks

Deep123

Jan 16, 2012
HI SenoritaBella
My current passport is a brand new one with no reference of my previous passport. With my current passport I have travel to Canada only. No other countries. I have used this passport only for all my applications submitted for Canadian visa applications. I just checked that after coming canada i have renewed my study permit once and after graduation I applied for post grad work permit. In both application there is no such question regarding my previous stay. So, I did not lie anything in any application submitted inside Canada. The time I did not include my Korean stay is that when I applied for my first study permit from home country and renewed it after one year.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
@Deep123.... I guess it depends the type of passport you have. If yours is not machine readable, then there may be no connection to your old one. Mine is the machine readable type, so with the right type of light, an officer can read information.

@Spartan, if you came in 2008, check your passport, it will have a date stamp.

"from" = date stamped in passport when you first entered Canada to study
"length" = 4 years
"purpose" = obtained admission to study at univeristy of xyz
"destination" = Toronto
"to" = present
For your multiple trips to USA in 2009, "from" = toronto, "to" = final destination in USA. You were still studying when you obtained this b1/b2 visa, so your dates will overlap and that is fine. Lists all the trips you took from Toronto to USA, no need to mention connecting flights, just your final destination. So e.g. "toronto - India" and "Toronto - LA, USA". Hope this helps.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
SenoritaBella said:
@ Deep123.... I guess it depends the type of passport you have. If yours is not machine readable, then there may be no connection to your old one. Mine is the machine readable type, so with the right type of light, an officer can read information.

@ Spartan, if you came in 2008, check your passport, it will have a date stamp.

"from" = date stamped in passport when you first entered Canada to study
"length" = 4 years
"purpose" = obtained admission to study at univeristy of xyz
"destination" = Toronto
"to" = present
For your multiple trips to USA in 2009, "from" = toronto, "to" = final destination in USA. You were still studying when you obtained this b1/b2 visa, so your dates will overlap and that is fine. Lists all the trips you took from Toronto to USA, no need to mention connecting flights, just your final destination. So e.g. "toronto - India" and "Toronto - LA, USA". Hope this helps.
Dear SenoritaBella
pLS CHECK YUR IN BOX

Deep123

Jan 16, 2012
Hi I have one more question...
the first time I applied for Canadian study permit is in 2007, then renew my TRV visa in 2010, and then in 2011. the first two was in my homecountry and last one was in USA.
I was wondering does the visa officer have access to all the application information that I have provided in my paper application, as I was wondering they have returned the main application form along with the passport after issuing the visa.

Actually, I am thinking of including my Korean stay in my travel history for my CEC PR application ..the only worry is that if they go back in the system and check with my previous visa application made outside Canada and match the travel history I mentioned at that time.. :(

Jan 21, 2017
Hi Deep,

I am planning to file for PR, I worked in kuwait for 1.5 years and I do not have re-leaving. also I have lost my passport which I was having kuwait visa on that. Now I have new passport, Can I hide my 1.5 years?

Please suggest and Thanks in advance or please reply to my e-mail (khaleeq.abdul@gmail.com)

Deep123 said:
Hi there,
I am going to apply for CEC PR application this month. I have a question regarding including my travel history and personal address.

Before , I came to Canada for my studies I lived in South Korea for 1 year for my studies and I did not complete the studies and went back to home.

At the time I came to Canada for studies I did not include my Korean stay in my study permit application as I lost my old passport and I came to Canada with a new passport. Since then in all my application for TRV, Study permit renewal, and post graduation work permit application I did not include my Korean stay.

Now, I am applying for PR, I am very much afraid that whether should I include my period of stay in Korea. If I don't is it going to be a big problem?

If I include, then Is it possible the CIC will refuse my PR application as I did not mention my Korean stay in my previous visa, study ,and work permit application?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
khaleeq.abdul@gmail.com said:
Hi Deep,

I am planning to file for PR, I worked in kuwait for 1.5 years and I do not have re-leaving. also I have lost my passport which I was having kuwait visa on that. Now I have new passport, Can I hide my 1.5 years?

Please suggest and Thanks in advance or please reply to my e-mail (khaleeq.abdul@gmail.com)
No - you can't.

If you try, expect to be refused and end up with a five year ban from Canada.

Desperatehelp

Apr 1, 2017
Germany
I have descovered something rather terrible and would appreciate some help.

In my past visa I did not state that I was in Canada when applying although I was, I said I was in my home country and I do not know why I ticked that.

I also did not say yes to the stat question about a past visa refusal. I was refused a visitor visa the previous year.

I got the work visa approved anyway. I recently applied for PR and used the work experience gained from that visa for points.

Will these errors and discrepancies be uncovered during background checks?

If the officer looks at past forms and sees that lie, can he retroactively invalidate the work permit, which would mean my points claimed now aren't valid, and reject PR?

If it isn't descovered now, can it be used in the future and I be deported? It was an honest mistake only recently descovered.

I was honest in my pr application. But as my previous work permit may have been invalid, can the work experience gained be thrown out? If they decide now I misrepresented past work and claimed it as valid in PR?

Last edited: