+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not a quality life in Canada - The Hidden Truth

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
Hello,

Canada is famous for quality life. What you call a quality life? Working as a driver in Canada is quality life? Working as a cleaner in Canada is quality life?

Being skilled immigration no one guarantees you a job in Canada. Plenty of factories are closing in Canada. Life is like a slave if you enter as non Canadian.. My own neighbors, relatives and my friends all just saying we have done biggest mistake by taking PR.

What is the truth? Just like transparency...

1. Canada which is strict to immigrate skilled people only then why they allow illiterate siblings to migrate and become burden on Canada? Why family sponsorship immigration is open? What is the use to call an illiterate brother, your old parents.

2. My own friend who migrated Canada on base of his wife. On reaching their, after 3-4 months his wife got pregnant. He didn't find a Job because of his low education? Now why main applicant is important to score more IELTS bands and spouse can migrate with 5 band even 10th class pass. Is this making fool people, humanity or sake of money? Because of this his parents sold land in India to make his son & daughter in law alive... He is unskilled and unable to get a job.. Is this a quality life?

3. Every person who applied for PR seriously full of joy as awaiting for approval. Beware this world is full of greedy, spruceless humans & hidden truths...

4. If you migrate Canada employer is not ready to wellcome you for the job. You need huge dollars to start your business. Question is not that you have to struggle yourself because this is a common sense.

5. Students who come on study visa Canada offers a quality life of a labour as cleaner, driver, mechanic etc etc. Is this a quality life where a country is getting rich on base of IELTS money every month..

6. Life is not easy. No one will help you if u become ill... Even countries like Ireland where a pregnant Indian Lady died bcz they have rule they canot abort child which is punishable...That time her abortion could save her life? So law was big than humanity.. Who created us we are challenging him.. Shame!

I do-not know how much truth is their or not. But I have read in newspapers, yahoo news etc. Actually what Canada wants a skilled person, a old sponsored parents, an illiterate brother, migrate your illiterate family if you have PR...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
sumitk12345 said:
I do-not know how much truth is their or not. But I have read in newspapers, yahoo news etc. Actually what Canada wants a skilled person, a old sponsored parents, an illiterate brother, migrate your illiterate family if you have PR...
It's generally impossible to sponsor siblings unless they are still minors / children.

Parent / grandparent sponsorships are now capped to a specific number of applications per year with significantly increase LICO (income) requirements on the part of the sponsor.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
-yes life is hard everywhere ,
-one one is going to spoon-feed you with a job,
-if you don't have education or you are unskilled what do you expect other than those labor jobs?

i guess all the other points are some myths and misconceptions, i suggest you better stay positive and strong and avoid all those misconception,

Keep in mind Canada is a great country and one of the best in the world.

Mani8585

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
sumitk12345 said:
Hello,

Canada is famous for quality life. What you call a quality life? Working as a driver in Canada is quality life? Working as a cleaner in Canada is quality life?

Being skilled immigration no one guarantees you a job in Canada. Plenty of factories are closing in Canada. Life is like a slave if you enter as non Canadian.. My own neighbors, relatives and my friends all just saying we have done biggest mistake by taking PR.

What is the truth? Just like transparency...

1. Canada which is strict to immigrate skilled people only then why they allow illiterate siblings to migrate and become burden on Canada? Why family sponsorship immigration is open? What is the use to call an illiterate brother, your old parents.

2. My own friend who migrated Canada on base of his wife. On reaching their, after 3-4 months his wife got pregnant. He didn't find a Job because of his low education? Now why main applicant is important to score more IELTS bands and spouse can migrate with 5 band even 10th class pass. Is this making fool people, humanity or sake of money? Because of this his parents sold land in India to make his son & daughter in law alive... He is unskilled and unable to get a job.. Is this a quality life?

3. Every person who applied for PR seriously full of joy as awaiting for approval. Beware this world is full of greedy, spruceless humans & hidden truths...

4. If you migrate Canada employer is not ready to wellcome you for the job. You need huge dollars to start your business. Question is not that you have to struggle yourself because this is a common sense.

5. Students who come on study visa Canada offers a quality life of a labour as cleaner, driver, mechanic etc etc. Is this a quality life where a country is getting rich on base of IELTS money every month..

6. Life is not easy. No one will help you if u become ill... Even countries like Ireland where a pregnant Indian Lady died bcz they have rule they canot abort child which is punishable...That time her abortion could save her life? So law was big than humanity.. Who created us we are challenging him.. Shame!

LOL, you are saying all this like life is very good in India instead. People are sleeping on sidewalks, shitting on railway lines, even after graduation they are driving rikhshaws.

Is that quality life?

You are taking about being slave in Canada, let me ask you, are you really have freedom in India? where there are no rules, no laws, system is full of corruption, everybody is corrupt from peon to prime minister.

You should comment in public forum like this when you have better thing to compare with Canada. BTW who the hell you been getting this information from? who told you about the poor healthcare system in Canada, is that a joke? they have one of the best systems in the whole world.

I can smell from your words that you are a jealous and frustrated person. All your relatives, neighbors and other idiots who been telling your all these stories, ask them what they were in India???

Next time you open your mouth, first look around and see what's going on in your own society.

BTW, before I get bombarded with comments for being anti-Indian, let me make clear that I am just comparing these two countries. I have nothing against India, it's a great nation and will remain.

Thanks

Reactions: qureishi

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We all have different opinions - Good Luck to you!

bryan98

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.0 Score
Med's Request
April 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 ECAS...Meds Recieved
Passport Req..
June 2012, RPRF - Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
18/1/2013...DECISION MADE
Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like thank Sumit for bringing this on the surface. I am not quite sure if any of you are already in Canada or still waiting for their visas.

After waiting for many months I finally took time to write on this forum. My wife and the children are in another room right now and I am writing this while waiting for the dinner. Once I finish the dinner I would be back on my computer. This is my everyday routine here in Toronto. Start my day early and work until 10 pm. Barely get time to spend with my wife and children. You can call this an imbalance in life which I am going through.

Life is fast here and you are always always occupied with something. Money is something that you always need to keep the life going on smoothly and more money is needed as you have growing children a house, cars etc. But where does it come from in your pocket...

Yes! You are right a Job or Business. I am going to talk about the job first. Job is earned based on your skill sets. How would you feel when you start searching for a job in canada and you are asked for Canadian Experience (I have been asked this by 4 canadian employers) and I didnt get it because my answer was no. Finally after 3 months of landing I got my 1st job. I was hired as a Call centre representative($11/ hr) and given a target of 120 calls per day and make at least 15 - 20 appointments per day. The ugly politics that prevailed in the office was unbearable and I was told with a smile not to come from tommorow. This happened right before my probation period was going to finish.

In 10 days I got another job exactly same profile (Call Center representative ($12/hr). Probation period just about to finish and that was it. Manager came to me with a smile and told not to come from tommorow. I questioned myself "Is there something with these guys". I told my aunt (living here since 1964) about it and her words were "oh dont worry son this is very common here in Canada. and now a days there is a new trend in the industry going on right now, the industry, the hiring agencies have a nexus here and all have joined hands together and the govt knowingly has turned a def ear towards this". This is due to the law that anyone who is working full time and has spent certain number of hours or more than3 months is to be absorbed by the company automatically without any doubt. Obviously if the company hires someone like this and want to get rid of the employee at some point later for any reason they will have obligations towards him/her and will have to give the compensation. To overcome this problem the industry here has brought the hiring agencies in the frontline.

The companies that hire directly usually keep the employees for less than 3 months. Especially you will find many many new immigrants in this situation unless someone has cracked the puzzle.

I have to leave for now to pick up my child from the class and will continue to tell you more truth when I come back. In the mean time you can click on the link and read my very similar post from the past.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t151594.0.html

Maytoss

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Waiting
NOC Code......
Not yet decided
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
hey Bro,

you will find three "D' which you will not find in India.
D= Dignity of labor
D=Discipline
D=Dedication towards work honestly.

Do not blame any country, every where you will have up & downs. but do not conclude.

Trick

Apr 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also in Canada and the matter of fact is that it will take time for all of us to do well in Canada.Those who are lucky they have got jobs earlier than the rest of us.However,we can only hope for the best and something will happen for us sooner or later.

I am an IT guy and I will get something in Canada.I am not really worried.Its not even a month and I have come to the conclusion that do not move from USA to Canada.It is my personal opinion and some might say no canada is better than US ,I respect their opinion also.

I would say that I have lived and worked in US for few years and I would not like to compare US with Canada.However,If I compare US with Canada then I get the felling USA has more and better jobs and USA on whole is far better in everything then Canada.

Now please do not say that Canada is one of the best places for the retirees to live.It is in top 10 in the world in blah blah blah.

When I turn back and see then I feel that I have made a mistake by moving to Canada.For me Canada is western world slum. Horrible roads etc and I still have US work permit and I am hoping to go back to US and voluntarily give up Canadian PR.

Canada might be good for people who have migrated from Asian countries but not for the people who have worked in States for 7 or more years.Nothing beats US.Canada doesn't even come close to USA.

I would like to say that getting PR in Canada is much easier than getting in USA.I see this is the only advantage.

Reactions: Darkskin

aami786pk

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
With application
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
INSHALLAH SOON
bryan98 said:
Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like thank Sumit for bringing this on the surface. I am not quite sure if any of you are already in Canada or still waiting for their visas.

After waiting for many months I finally took time to write on this forum. My wife and the children are in another room right now and I am writing this while waiting for the dinner. Once I finish the dinner I would be back on my computer. This is my everyday routine here in Toronto. Start my day early and work until 10 pm. Barely get time to spend with my wife and children. You can call this an imbalance in life which I am going through.

Life is fast here and you are always always occupied with something. Money is something that you always need to keep the life going on smoothly and more money is needed as you have growing children a house, cars etc. But where does it come from in your pocket...

Yes! You are right a Job or Business. I am going to talk about the job first. Job is earned based on your skill sets. How would you feel when you start searching for a job in canada and you are asked for Canadian Experience (I have been asked this by 4 canadian employers) and I didnt get it because my answer was no. Finally after 3 months of landing I got my 1st job. I was hired as a Call centre representative($11/ hr) and given a target of 120 calls per day and make at least 15 - 20 appointments per day. The ugly politics that prevailed in the office was unbearable and I was told with a smile not to come from tommorow. This happened right before my probation period was going to finish.

In 10 days I got another job exactly same profile (Call Center representative ($12/hr). Probation period just about to finish and that was it. Manager came to me with a smile and told not to come from tommorow. I questioned myself "Is there something with these guys". I told my aunt (living here since 1964) about it and her words were "oh dont worry son this is very common here in Canada. and now a days there is a new trend in the industry going on right now, the industry, the hiring agencies have a nexus here and all have joined hands together and the govt knowingly has turned a def ear towards this". This is due to the law that anyone who is working full time and has spent certain number of hours or more than3 months is to be absorbed by the company automatically without any doubt. Obviously if the company hires someone like this and want to get rid of the employee at some point later for any reason they will have obligations towards him/her and will have to give the compensation. To overcome this problem the industry here has brought the hiring agencies in the frontline.

The companies that hire directly usually keep the employees for less than 3 months. Especially you will find many many new immigrants in this situation unless someone has cracked the puzzle.

I have to leave for now to pick up my child from the class and will continue to tell you more truth when I come back. In the mean time you can click on the link and read my very similar post from the past.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t151594.0.html
good information dear plz can u share how support govt gives for ur children for example if I have for one kid how much money is paid as govt assistance.

sumitk12345

Jan 22, 2014
I read all of your replies on my post.
First of all I would like to reply for Mani8585...As you said whatever is going in India is true. Because I am with truth always the day I born. Whatever is weak that is weak you can't neglect. I am not jealous of anything. I have money and already travelled many countries in world.. Jealousy is not a point with me. Point is why a country making fool others to fill their pockets with money of people who did hardwork and spend just for a better living but result is still a pain. Indians sell their lands, even last peny in account they use to get PR for Canada being a skilled Civil Engineer. But on reaching there no job. Just have to roam here and there and keep on changing the jobs just to survive...Canada offers PR but never offers a Job then why offer PR? Plenty of dollars are Canadian govt. earning through IELTS...
I noticed for PR Ielts holder (GT) many applicants left with 0.5 band just to file case and this means re appearance for Ielts which directly welcome more money in form of fee. Even doctors are doing unskilled jobs in Canada now where is the quality life?? It means better become driver in Canada else in India. This you want to prove I think..
Secondly, Thanks to bryan for appreciating on my post. I read your reply also. What you wrote gave more proofs what I said on my post. Looks like you faced a lot of problems in Canada. Thanks for sharing your experience. I would like to know more from you when you back here.

rizmayo

Aug 17, 2013
Mississauga
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
26-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013, sent 17-09-2013, DM 06-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
sumitk12345 said:
I read all of your replies on my post.
First of all I would like to reply for Mani8585...As you said whatever is going in India is true. Because I am with truth always the day I born. Whatever is weak that is weak you can't neglect. I am not jealous of anything. I have money and already travelled many countries in world.. Jealousy is not a point with me. Point is why a country making fool others to fill their pockets with money of people who did hardwork and spend just for a better living but result is still a pain. Indians sell their lands, even last peny in account they use to get PR for Canada being a skilled Civil Engineer. But on reaching there no job. Just have to roam here and there and keep on changing the jobs just to survive...Canada offers PR but never offers a Job then why offer PR? Plenty of dollars are Canadian govt. earning through IELTS...
I noticed for PR Ielts holder (GT) many applicants left with 0.5 band just to file case and this means re appearance for Ielts which directly welcome more money in form of fee. Even doctors are doing unskilled jobs in Canada now where is the quality life?? It means better become driver in Canada else in India. This you want to prove I think..
Secondly, Thanks to bryan for appreciating on my post. I read your reply also. What you wrote gave more proofs what I said on my post. Looks like you faced a lot of problems in Canada. Thanks for sharing your experience. I would like to know more from you when you back here.
My friend sorry to hear about your bad experience with this country. I don't mean to negate anything you have said above or diminish your feelings, but just state a few facts:

1. Quality of Life is not defined by the kind of job you can get or your standard of living: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life

2. IELTS is not administered by Canadian government

3. Skilled migration targets the kind of people that the Canadian government wants to let into the country. Nowhere do they promise a job for these people.

4. Doctors driving taxis and accountants working in security, is very true. But this is not because no one will hire a doctor and accountant here, rather they have to get certified with Canadian credentials before they can work in this field. They should have know this before moving here, but rather chose to come anyway. Both fields I have mentioned have several vacancies, but new immigrants get bad advise to start chasing the dollar as soon as they land and before they know it they have mortgage payments, bills, etc. to pay, not to mention the late hours they work to make these payments, soon pursuing their own field is a dream of the past. Many people will say, that is the ground reality, but news flash it is not. You may not have access to an accountant, but the next time you visit your doctor, ask him/her how they managed to find time and study for Canadian credentials. You will be surprised to know they landed with less money then you.

5. People come here and are very happy and people come here and are miserable. However none of them leaves Canada and please don't tell me it is because they sold all their lands and property to move to Canada.

6. Being a taxi driver, plumber, security guard may not be respectable professions in the Asian subcontinent, but here they get the same respect as a doctor and engineer and this is Quality of life.

7. We should not be concerned with whose brother or sister the Canadian government lets in, as they are responsible for there own source of income and if their parents think that getting rid of all there life's savings will give their children a better life in Canada there is nothing we can do about it and the Canadian government certainly does not advise this.

You will meet many people here, but generally I have seen 2 types of people:

Type 1: If they are unsuccessful, they will tell everyone that this is the only possible outcome in Canada and you must get used to it ASAP. They think that since they have suffered why should someone else get a short cut. If they are successful, they will guard there path to success like a precious little secret and tell everyone that no one can achieve what they have or worse guide you in the opposite direction.

Type 2: I they are unsuccessful, they will tell others how to avoid all the mistakes they made. They think if they have suffered, they have a duty to help others not end up in their situation. If they are successful they want to share their experience for the benefit of others.

There are many theories here on why Canadian experience or education is mandatory to get a job here. Some say it is the university mafia promoting this as it is a billion dollar industry and they want people to seek education before joining the workforce, some say it is the collusion of all the recruiter network. You would be surprised to know in many cases (especially in small companies) the only problem is that the hiring manager is type 1 person and because he suffered this long ago, he does not why you should not suffer as well.

My advise, is to avoid type 1 people and seek the company of type 2 people and you will be much happier and much more successful.

Regard,

azfar800

Apr 14, 2014
Hi Sumitk,

Please dont be negative. I assure you that Canada is the best country in the world. Because the people here are very nice. Imagine if we in our home country suddenly see loads of foreigners living with us and taking our jobs. Regardless of this, Canadians welcome us and although they might be a bit jealous, but they are caring people.

Now regarding job. Well if I were you, I will do a call centre work, but at the same time do any studies and prepare for any good job. If you somehow become skilled like Carpentar or plumber you will be very happy.

Just remember one thing. Canada is giving you a chance. Once you become citizen, you can live here forever with peace and good basic living with good environment. No or less pollution.

Just one point though. Do you have any friends or family living near you. If they are in any other province, go there. Its better to live with someone you know.

SanRoque

Jan 19, 2012
Please don't look at the negative side of the coin buddy. To migrate to Canada is everyone's decision and whatever experience you have, maybe it will be the same to others or the opposite. The bottom line, it will really depends on the person on how to look forward what life has to offer in Canada. Of course, hard work and perseverance makes a lot of difference. Stay positive despite the odds along your way. There's always a sunshine after the rain. :) :) :)

Payal

Star Member
May 10, 2010
Trick said:
I am also in Canada and the matter of fact is that it will take time for all of us to do well in Canada.Those who are lucky they have got jobs earlier than the rest of us.However,we can only hope for the best and something will happen for us sooner or later.

I am an IT guy and I will get something in Canada.I am not really worried.Its not even a month and I have come to the conclusion that do not move from USA to Canada.It is my personal opinion and some might say no canada is better than US ,I respect their opinion also.

I would say that I have lived and worked in US for few years and I would not like to compare US with Canada.However,If I compare US with Canada then I get the felling USA has more and better jobs and USA on whole is far better in everything then Canada.

Now please do not say that Canada is one of the best places for the retirees to live.It is in top 10 in the world in blah blah blah.

When I turn back and see then I feel that I have made a mistake by moving to Canada.For me Canada is western world slum. Horrible roads etc and I still have US work permit and I am hoping to go back to US and voluntarily give up Canadian PR.

Canada might be good for people who have migrated from Asian countries but not for the people who have worked in States for 7 or more years.Nothing beats US.Canada doesn't even come close to USA.

I would like to say that getting PR in Canada is much easier than getting in USA.I see this is the only advantage.
This is funny ,,, seriously… so you are comparing 2 countries ,,in one of those countries you lived for more than 7 years? and in another less than a month… in another words - you started struggle leaving a comfortable life behind and comparing struggle with comfort and deciding USA was better because it was more comfortable…LOL
elaboration - In 2006 we went to London from Delhi.. missed Delhi hated London for a few weeks/months… from London went to Tokyo in 2007 - now we hated Tokyo and missed London - Then we went to USA and guess what we felt that Tokyo was so much better than USA…
and now we came to Canada and initially missed USA so much that I cried over nights but now I am happy..

Moral of the story??? it takes time to adjust to new country and environment and you will always miss the place where you lived and enjoyed for so long till you find your feet in new country. As far as USA is concerned - yes for IT ppl the opportunities are many.. more than anywhere else.. things are cheaper and money is better..
On the downside - In some parts of country ppl are aggressive a bit rude… street crime is more… your chances of getting shot in a mindless shooting are more than that in Canada..
However you have work permit ,, you can go back to USA no one holding you back (i presume), not at least Canada government…
give up ur PR and wait for years for ur GC if anybody agrees to file it for you… what are you waiting for???

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
We can not compare one country with another, As far as I and 5 of my friends who migrated last year or few months ago, All got Offfice jons in their previous profession and all are happy. One of my Friend who was earning $ 5000 in back country also came here, even he is Oxford University UK, Graduate. you have to beleive your self and your skills and stay positive.