+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC14100_Administrative Clerk _TOURIST VISA

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

My friend niece approved for a Tourist VIsa.
Can she apply for a work permit when she arrived Canada.
She has over 5 years experience as Administrative and Accounting Clerk in the Phillippines.
What does she needs to have before she can apply for a closed work permit? Does she needs to take IELTS, make an ECA's account?

The employer already on their 30-days Job Bank ads.
What do they need to apply for LMIA besides the proof to provide no PR and no citizens qualified or applied for the job posted.
It is for a Property Management Company.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

She has over 5 years experience as Administrative and Accounting Clerk in the Phillippines.
What does she needs to have before she can apply for a closed work permit? Does she needs to take IELTS, make an ECA's account?

What do they need to apply for LMIA besides the proof to provide no PR and no citizens qualified or applied for the job posted.
Assume employer has read through requirements and knows if eligible. Salary must be at leas the median wage for the NOC in that region, not the minimum wage. Assume employer posted on more sites than job bank And the job matching service.

Since this is a TEER 4 job then make sure education and experience match the NOC. If working with the public/answering phones then IELTS should be done.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume employer has read through requirements and knows if eligible. Salary must be at leas the median wage for the NOC in that region, not the minimum wage. Assume employer posted on more sites than job bank And the job matching service.

Since this is a TEER 4 job then make sure education and experience match the NOC. If working with the public/answering phones then IELTS should be done.
How can we check the median wage for this NOC14100? The JobBank ads, Monster Ads shows the salary is between $35000 to $40,000. The company is in Toronto Ontario. Thank you. This company has been in the Business for over 10 years. They have employee for this position but she does not want to work anymore as she wants to retire early. It's actually the sister company of where I am working. I want to help the niece of my friend so I would like to recommend her. But if no chances then I guess the $1000 LMIA cost is not worth it. Any thought?

She graduated as Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Management (4 years in the Philippines) 2 years credited as WES evaluated
She's been working as Administrative Assistant from 2016 to present. But she never take IELTS or CELPIP yet.

Note: She just received her Passport with her 1-year Tourist Visa. Her flight will be this weekend.

Any chance or probability % she will get a work permit? I wonder if 6-12 months will be enough. Thank you so much.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How can we check the median wage for this NOC14100? The JobBank ads, Monster Ads shows the salary is between $35000 to $40,000. The company is in Toronto Ontario. Thank you. This company has been in the Business for over 10 years. They have employee for this position but she does not want to work anymore as she wants to retire early. They want a Filipino to work with them. It's actually the sister company of where I am working. I want to help the niece of my friend so I would like to recommend her. But if no chances then I guess the $1000 LMIA cost is not worth it. Any thought?

She graduated as Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Management (4 years in the Philippines) 2 years credited as WES evaluated
She's been working as Administrative Assistant from 2016 to present. But she never take IELTS or CELPIP yet.

Note: She just received her Passport with her 1-year Tourist Visa. Her flight will be this weekend.

Any chance or probability % she will get a work permit? I wonder if 6-12 months will be enough. Thank you so much.
Median wage is $21.43/hour.

https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/wages-occupation/12609/ON

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Employer needs to meet the minimum advertising requirements. Have they only advertised on job bank? Or elsewhere too?

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How can we check the median wage for this NOC14100? The JobBank ads, Monster Ads shows the salary is between $35000 to $40,000. The company is in Toronto Ontario. Thank you. This company has been in the Business for over 10 years. They have employee for this position but she does not want to work anymore as she wants to retire early. They want a Filipino to work with them. It's actually the sister company of where I am working. I want to help the niece of my friend so I would like to recommend her. But if no chances then I guess the $1000 LMIA cost is not worth it. Any thought?

The salary is about $19 per hour so check Job Bank median wage, and if below the median wage (probably over $21 per hour) then not eligible. Also it is a human rights violation to only want to hire a Filipino so EDSC may have an issue when reviewing recruitment and interviewing practices. All the companies documents/financials/hiring practices are included. Has the employer even read the requirements and the documentation required to submit.

Her education doesn’t match a TEER 4 NOC (low skilled) so may factor in. If working with the public, she should have IELTS. Don’t know the chances of the company even being approved for a LMIA or your niece being approved.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Employer needs to meet the minimum advertising requirements. Have they only advertised on job bank? Or elsewhere too?
Monster ads and Job Bank ads. Where else that is free? We tried indeed but too expensive-not posted. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Assuming $21.43/hour x 7 hours x 5 days = $3,000.20 x 12 months = $36,002.40

or
It should be 8 hours?
$21.43/ hour x 8 hours x 5 days = $3,428.80 x 12 months = $41,145.60

Do you think we will edit the Job Bank Ads? Or that salary ranges $35,000 to $40,000 is sufficient> Thank you so much.
You can't calculate based on 12 months. You have to calculate based on 52 weeks.

So the salary would need to be $39K minimum. I don't know if the $35K to $40K range will be sufficient since anything below $39K is below the median.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Monster ads and Job Bank ads. Where else that is free? We tried indeed but too expensive-not posted. Thank you
That is not enough sites to advertise the job. Again has the employer even read the LMIA requirements for recruitment? Current salary is too low for the median wage.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The salary is about $19 per hour so check Job Bank median wage, and if below the median wage (probably over $21 per hour) then not eligible. Also it is a human rights violation to only want to hire a Filipino so EDSC may have an issue when reviewing recruitment and interviewing practices. All the companies documents/financials/hiring practices are included. Has the employer even read the requirements and the documentation required to submit.

Her education doesn’t match a TEER 4 NOC (low skilled) so may factor in. If working with the public, she should have IELTS. Don’t know the chances of the company even being approved for a LMIA or your niece being approved.
True it's human rights violations and racial discriminations, but I can't blamed him. He hired people previous employees (Canadian, Chinese, Korean, Ukrainian) but they always resigned. He is tired hiring so expensive and time consuming and then they only resigned. And when he hired a Filipino; It's from his own words that when he hired a Filipino. Nothing beats how dedicated and how professional they are!

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
True it's human rights violations and racial discriminations, but I can't blamed him. He hired people previous employees (Canadian, Chinese, Korean, Ukrainian) but they always resigned. He is tired hiring so expensive and time consuming and then they only resigned. And when he hired a Filipino; It's from his own words that when he hired a Filipino. Nothing beats how dedicated and how professional they are!
Doesn’t matter…still a human rights violation. Still not a reason for a LMIA. If EDSC finds out through the LMIA process that the employer discriminates about hiring other people of different ethnicities then could get into trouble. You have even posted on a public forum that he does this so public record.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Oh I see. I guess we need an Agency/Immigration Consultant to do the Job ads and LMIA application. Thanks for your input. We will consider that. Thank you
You don't, actually. The employer can do it themselves. But they need to meet the LMIA requirements, including the minimum advertising requirements, median income, etc. But of course your choice to use an agent if you prefer.