+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Express Entry ranking system will be applied on Nov 19th (detail inside!)

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Swill said:
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE?

I updated my educational details and filled out the info required. After i saved and exited the page, I do not see any "continue" button which allows to fill some questionnaire and then submit the profile.

is it normal? I dont see the button to submit the profile at all. in the details, it shows "Update not Submitted".
You probably haven't completed a section. Go back and check.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
tangguanzi said:
Hi guys,

my LMIA got approved two weeks ago, i submitted it to my EE profile last week and 600 points was successfully added on Nov 17th, i has been checking my points there days to see if it would be changed to 5o points, but so far, it stays as 6oo points, i am wondering will my 600 points be changed or stay the same?

could one could answer me?
You would not loose points since it was accumulated before Nov 19th so you can relax.

magicvinu

Aug 11, 2015
sangoswa said:
Hi All one confusion .....

have a valid job offer from that employer for at least [size=10pt]one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.[/size]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

How we can show them that my job offer is valid for one year after i get PR.
Everyone is having same confusion.
PR processing takes minimum 6 months after receiving ITA, So do we need to have a offer of atleast 2 year from now?? No one is sure. Only time will tell us.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Guys.. I remember reading somewhere that one of the new features of this new EE system was that you could see your place/rank in the pool... Am I wrong? Or has this feature not been rolled out yet? Or am I simply looking in the wrong place?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Thanks to Pessi76. For ICT Folks, you just have to satisfy option (a), no confusion on Job Offer now.

As per the Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b).

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

Courtesy - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

sarikar

Sep 28, 2015
magicvinu said:
Everyone is having same confusion.
PR processing takes minimum 6 months after receiving ITA, So do we need to have a offer of atleast 2 year from now?? No one is sure. Only time will tell us.
This change is killing us..I am worried..Will they reject our application if its not matching their expectation..

Sidhu25

Sep 28, 2013
Hii everyone
I have one doubt, I did advanced diploma in canada and I got admission in directly 2nd year of study because i did bachelor back home..my actual study time in canada was 2 years..am i eligible for 15 points or 30 points??
Thanks

sarikar

Sep 28, 2015
thinkshady said:
Thanks to Pessi76. For ICT Folks, you just have to satisfy option (a), no confusion on Job Offer now.

As per the Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b).

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

Courtesy - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp
this link says below http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp.
We are in category C. Please look at the 3rd point.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

a. made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and either:

the employer making you the job offer has a new positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada that approves the offer and names you and your position

OR

b. you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and

you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you are accepted as a permanent resident
OR

C. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

Swill

Feb 17, 2015
kryt0n said:
You probably haven't completed a section. Go back and check.
I checked the completeness of all the forms and there is no issues with any of the forms at all. I just don't get the submit button.

Skkid

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sarikar said:
this link says below http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp.
We are in category C. Please look at the 3rd point.

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

a. made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)
and either:

the employer making you the job offer has a new positive Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada that approves the offer and names you and your position

OR

b. you are currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment, and

you are working for an employer listed on your work permit,
you are authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued, and
your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you are accepted as a permanent resident
OR

C. you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
Here the doubt is about the third point
"have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa."
I have job offer only till Jan 2018, how can i show the proof for one year after PR?

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Skkid said:
Here the doubt is about the third point
"have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa."
I have job offer only till Jan 2018, how can i show the proof for one year after PR?
Are you working as a Contractor ?....i never seen any full time job offer which mention end date....

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Skkid said:
As with all job offers, your employer has to write a letter stating that you will be offered XX position for a term [no less than one year; can say "permanent"] from the date you become a permanent resident.