Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Reeyan said:
@ Muksi

Your time line is same as mine. I have been waiting for almost 7 months now. Why do you think they are taking so long to change my husband's status?? Whats our next step?? In my husband ecas..it only says app rcvd. It says app rcvd and decision made in my Ecas..
Do you have any travel history?? My husband has a lot of travel history since he is a business man but he doesnt stay more then 2 weeks. ???

ANy idea when should i expect my husband passport back with Visa??
Wish I know the answer to that question. Wish you all the best to get your visa faster!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
nikb said:
Dear friends :

checked ecas this morning.the status for us has changed from "IN PROCESS" to " Decision Made" reflecting Canada as current address.How ever the address only reflects city,state and canada and not the full address.(hope and pray that its positive and its done,and we get the passport soon)

Please update the sheet accordingly.

I have question ,your input on this would be really appriciated:

is it advisable to pre-fill IMM 5444E form.If yes ,
1)what dates to fill for address history /travel history(it asks for Your address history for the past 5 years or if you became a permanent resident less than five years ago, your address history since becoming a permanent resident)

2)what dates to fill for Section 22 (RESIDENCY APPLICATION)If you have been outside of Canada for 1095 days or more, list your absences from Canada in the past five years in the following situations, if applicable. If you became a permanent resident less than five years ago: list absences from the time you became a permanent resident to present.

also,did any of you fill the good to follow list (for cash and jewellery) and how is it supposed to be filled ??do we need exact amounts ?? and pictures for all items? ???

Thanks in advance!!
Congrats Nikb! All the best!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Oct12 said:
Hey guys , I hv a question.. Is it a time for me to contact MP or order gcms notes?? I really wonder why are they taking soo much time to approve... It has already been seven months ... We both belong to same religion even with same surname ... Her passport also have my name attached with her name ... We have almost lived together for 1 and half years... Enough evidences are there to prove our relationship and she does nt have any travel history except we went for honeymoon outside India for a week only ... Please Guide me guys do I need to worry and ask for notes or contact mp?? Do we have to give any application to mp for that or book am appointment??
Hopefully you will get it this month. If i am in your situation i would wait for 3 months to complete after inProcess before making an inquiry.

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
prithiv said:
Hi all a small update, i was been called for interview on may 9th, but today i received a phone call from VO to inform that my interview has been postponed to 17th of June :'(, i already booked flight tickets to Delhi and now i have to cancel it :( wast of money. And the most paining part is i thought i would be with my wife on her birthday if the interview goes well... i think of something, but what happens is totally different :'( :'( :'(
It is ridiculous.... :eek: :eek:.. Well, you have a chance to order GCMS notes which will come with in three weeks and you would come to now why they wanted to interview your wife, so you guys can be prepared for the questions. It is very rare case that they postpone the interview....

Good luck to you.

mb2012

Sep 6, 2012
muksi said:
Ecas will show 2 addresses (Current Home Address - Canada, Mailing address - India). Sometimes ecas updates happen late. Was there any interview or document request regarding any issues in your application.
Hello,

There was absolutely no issue in the application. No additional documents or interview requested. Today when I checked my wife's details through eCas, I see Current home address as Canada and Mailing address as India as you mentioned. But when I look for my child's name ( who has been added to my spouse application recently) , I don't get any details. Is this Ok?
And from this situation, how much time does it take to reach both passports ( spouse and child) with the visas . I have booked tickets for 23rd May.

Thanks in advance

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
muksi said:
Hopefully you will get it this month. If i am in your situation i would wait for 3 months to complete after inProcess before making an inquiry.
Thanks Muksi for ur reply!! But my concern is bcz her medical is going to expire in June last week and I want to go India to pick her up and meet my parents.. I m not able to buy ticket bcz return date is not thr with me. I guess the visa expiry date should be the date our medical date.. Right??

maplegal86

Dec 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Request
07-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-05-2012. Remed: 10-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
Oct12 said:
Thanks Muksi for ur reply!! But my concern is bcz her medical is going to expire in June last week and I want to go India to pick her up and meet my parents.. I m not able to buy ticket bcz return date is not thr with me. I guess the visa expiry date should be the date our medical date.. Right??
They may extend medicals if they want to. But that's up to the VO.

In your case, I agree with muksi, wait til you are 3 months in, and get the MP enquiry done. Does your wife have any travel history outside India? For work, study, leisure?

Oct12

Star Member
Jan 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
12-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
26-02-2012
maplegal86 said:
They may extend medicals if they want to. But that's up to the VO.

In your case, I agree with muksi, wait til you are 3 months in, and get the MP enquiry done. Does your wife have any travel history outside India? For work, study, leisure?
Thanks for ur opinion maple gal .. She doesn't have any significant travel history.. That is just we went out for our honeymoon for a week outside India . Thts it.. Nothing else..

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
1st Med- Jun'12/Re-med Sept'13
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
1st PPR-Sep'12/ 2nd PPR-Sept'13
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
muksi said:
If the remarriage under a special act is possible then go for it. That will solidify your case and re-applying is a better option. Still i think getting an opinion from both a lawyer in India and an immigration lawyer in Canada will help to make sure re-marriage under a special act will be accepted. All the best!
No lawyer has a confirm idea that once regd under hindu marriage act can we regd again in special marriage act??
Guys very confused.. Anyone have any idea in this case??
If High commision consider our marriage under hindu act void than can't we re-regd under special marriage act??

They have rejected saying ur marriage is not legal under hindu act as ur wife is a christian but we had sent them proof of her being buddhist... I dont know how they take decisions??

Guys please advice as I am confused how to proceed... If appeal is adviceable than how much is the estimated financial involvement??

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
cal2can said:
They have rejected saying ur marriage is not legal under hindu act as ur wife is a christian but we had sent them proof of her being buddhist... I dont know how they take decisions??

Guys please advice as I am confused how to proceed... If appeal is adviceable than how much is the estimated financial involvement??
If the rejection letter said that your marriage is NOT valid under Hindu Marriage Act, in that case they must had an opinion of their own (Indian) legal adviser. First of all you got your GCMS notes why the reject or for complete e-file. from that you would have a clear idea on what ground they reject your application. and after that you can go for an IAD which will take at least 2-3 years for a final decision and if your Appeal will be accepted, IAD would order to CIC for reopening your file and which would take another 3-4 months to get Visa and in that case CIC will not ask you for any interview.

a lawyer will charge CAD 3000 to 5000 depends upon....but no can assure you the outcome of appeal.

Good luck

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
waitingsince2004 said:
If the rejection letter said that your marriage is NOT valid under Hindu Marriage Act, in that case they must had an opinion of their own (Indian) legal adviser. First of all you got your GCMS notes why the reject or for complete e-file. from that you would have a clear idea on what ground they reject your application. and after that you can go for an IAD which will take at least 2-3 years for a final decision and if your Appeal will be accepted, IAD would order to CIC for reopening your file and which would take another 3-4 months to get Visa and in that case CIC will not ask you for any interview.

a lawyer will charge CAD 3000 to 5000 depends upon....but no can assure you the outcome of appeal.

Good luck
They are saying our marriage is not valid only on the grounds as they are allegating/lying that I told in the interview that she is a christian which she is not & we had sent proofs of her being a buddhist (a letter from a budhist monestary confirming her faith)..... Still I dont know why they are lying that she is a christian!!!!

waitingsince2004

Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
28-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-02-2021
LANDED..........
28-10-2015
cal2can said:
They are saying our marriage is not valid only on the grounds as they are allegating/lying that I told in the interview that she is a christian which she is not & we had sent proofs of her being a buddhist (a letter from a budhist monestary confirming her faith)..... Still I dont know why they are lying that she is a christian!!!!
well, order GCMS notes to know more about your rejection and file.

cal2can

Oct 9, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July'12
Doc's Request.
Jan'13
File Transfer...
Aug'12
Med's Done....
Interview........
Jan'13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting!!!
waitingsince2004 said:
well, order GCMS notes to know more about your rejection and file.
We are ordering GCMS notes... I wana know we if get 30 days for appeal???
It says on the refusal letter that they are sending appeal provisions to my wife in Canada... Does they send the appeal forms???
30 days is after the reciept of forms in Canada address or after reciept of the refusal letter in India address???

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
mb2012 said:
Hello,

There was absolutely no issue in the application. No additional documents or interview requested. Today when I checked my wife's details through eCas, I see Current home address as Canada and Mailing address as India as you mentioned. But when I look for my child's name ( who has been added to my spouse application recently) , I don't get any details. Is this Ok?
And from this situation, how much time does it take to reach both passports ( spouse and child) with the visas . I have booked tickets for 23rd May.

Thanks in advance
Congrats mb2012! After address change you will get the passport within a week. All the best for their travel!

muksi

Dec 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
18-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-11-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Passport Req..
11-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM on April 18, 2013
Oct12 said:
They will call her to confirm whether she can travel before her medical expiry date, if they are issuing the visa now. Otherwise they might extend your medical if that is the only thing holding up the issuing of visa. Recently one member received a call and they asked them to pickup the passport in person since the medicals are expiring in June. Wish you all the best to get your visa very soon!