National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

zubinmatie

Sep 11, 2015
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone
I had filled in NNAS for my wife and applied for evaluation for RN and LPN for Ontario Province. She is BSc Nurse with 10+ years work experience. But we were surprised when we got the final report as Not Comparable for both.
I wanted to check if we should now wait for CNO to write back to us or should we click on the link on NNAS to register.

andy_J

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
01-04-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
16-04-2016
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
Hi everyone
I had filled in NNAS for my wife and applied for evaluation for RN and LPN for Ontario Province. She is BSc Nurse with 10+ years work experience. But we were surprised when we got the final report as Not Comparable for both.
I wanted to check if we should now wait for CNO to write back to us or should we click on the link on NNAS to register.
From where she has passed her bachelors degree?

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
Some people with "somewhat comparable" and a few with "non comparable" have been considered to have met the education requirement after CNO reviewed their current and past nursing job descriptions.

Where are you in the process? Was your NNAS Advisory Report "non-comparable" or "somewhat comparable"?
I am with cno. I have submitted job descriptions on 10 feb 2017. My nnas's report is non comareble with ETP 53%.Now I am waiting cno's final decision.

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
My experience is under review in CNO since 20th March 2017 for RN.

I got letter from CNO to prove my english by IELTS or CELBAN. for RPN. I dont know if they have skipped my SEC or not
May I ask you what is you nnas report and did you get cno decision?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone
Your wife should register/apply to CNO. If she doesn't, they won't receive her NNAS Advisory Report and won't even know she exists basically. CNO is not involved in a case until the applicant applies for registration with them.

Depending on where your wife received her education, it is likely she will be asked to do IENCAP. In that case, she will have to do the exam herself. It is one day, with a written multiple choice exam for half the day and the other half of the day is acting patients

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
Your wife should register/apply to CNO. If she doesn't, they won't receive her NNAS Advisory Report and won't even know she exists basically. CNO is not involved in a case until the applicant applies for registration with them.

Depending on where your wife received her education, it is likely she will be asked to do IENCAP. In that case, she will have to do the exam herself. It is one day, with a written multiple choice exam for half the day and the other half of the day is acting patients
Hello,
I know it is very heart breaking news.However, do you need to do IENCAP or not only say by cno. I have known some case who have received nnas's report non-compareble but here experiences count and eligible to do NCLEX. Cno has changed some rule and requirement of education. Now cno take nursing experiences for academic evalutaion.So, her experiences might help to fill her gaps and might be eligible for license.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
N

Nepal,but why?
It is mostly people educated in the US and/or worked in the US who are able to use their experience to count as having met the education requirement. There are also many US educated applicants who have to do the IENCAP. It is unlikely that education and experience from Nepal will be accepted as proof that the applicant has met the education requirement. However, nothing is impossible. Those educated outside of Canada/US/UK who met the education requirement were educated at schools which were set up with the help of Canadian nursing schools (Aga Khan nursing program for example).

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
It is mostly people educated in the US and/or worked in the US who are able to use their experience to count as having met the education requirement. There are also many US educated applicants who have to do the IENCAP. It is unlikely that education and experience from Nepal will be accepted as proof that the applicant has met the education requirement. However, nothing is impossible. Those educated outside of Canada/US/UK who met the education requirement were educated at schools which were set up with the help of Canadian nursing schools (Aga Khan nursing program for example).
Hello
Thank you for the infirmation, nurses who are graduated and worked in nepal have received somewhat compareble report from nnas and they are allow to do nclex.I also know those who have nnas non compareble with ETP below 45% has got eligible for nclex even though that person was not graduated from canada or usa or uk. Her working experience from out side canada or usa or UK count.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Hello,
I know it is very heart breaking news. However, do you need to do IENCAP or not only say by cno. I have known some case who have received nnas's report non-compareble but here experiences count and eligible to do NCLEX. Cno has changed some rule and requirement of education. Now cno take nursing experiences for academic evaluation. So, her experiences might help to fill her gaps and might be eligible for license.
CNO will let applicants know whether they need to do the IENCAP or not. After they have received the NNAS Advisory Report and then review the work experience/job descriptions, they will send a letter stating the requirements that the applicant has left to meet. If "education requirement" is not on the list of requirements to meet, then the applicant will know they have met the education requirement.

It is best for applicants educated outside of US or UK to assume they will have to do the IENCAP, so that they can begin to get prepared and avoid disappointment.

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
Hello
Thank you for the infirmation, nurses who are graduated and worked in nepal have received somewhat compareble report from nnas and they are allow to do nclex.I also know those who have nnas non compareble with ETP below 45% has got eligible for nclex even though that person was not graduated from canada or usa or uk. Her working experience from out side canada or usa or UK count.
If you talk about USA RN, not all RN has bachelor's degree there. Associate degree also had got RN license there.

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
If you talk about USA RN, not all RN has bachelor's degree there. Associate degree also had got RN license there.
Yes this is true. Those with a US Associate degree are not comparable to Canadian education. Those who have been considered to have met the education requirement have been US educated RN's with a 4 year BSN. Even those with 4 year BSN's have been deemed non comparable and have had to do IENCAP.

You are right that nursing work in Nepal or any other country does count. But it doesn't mean that CNO will say that it is enough to be considered to have met the education requirement. It just means that they will review the experience. I do wish everyone good luck and I hope we can keep updating each other when we hear news from CNO.

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
Yes this is true. Those with a US Associate degree are not comparable to Canadian education. Those who have been considered to have met the education requirement have been US educated RN's with a 4 year BSN. Even those with 4 year BSN's have been deemed non comparable and have had to do IENCAP.

You are right that nursing work in Nepal or any other country does count. But it doesn't mean that CNO will say that it is enough to be considered to have met the education requirement. It just means that they will review the experience. I do wish everyone good luck and I hope we can keep updating each other when we hear news from CNO.
Can you please tell me about you?