+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
Congratulations lajjo! So glad to hear. I have only heard of one other person that has had "non comparable" and was able to become licensed without SEC or OSCE/IENCAP or some other assessment. I am a US-educated IEN with a 4 year degree and have passed NCLEX, working in New York State. I had "non comparable" and had to do the OSCE (I'm applying in Ontario). I am still awaiting results from the OSCE. I am glad you made it through without problems. I think this highlights though that their "pan-Canadian" approach through NNAS has a lot of work to be done, as provinces are handling the NNAS Advisory Reports very differently. Also, they keep saying NNAS provides a valid and reliable assessment of nursing education. Clearly they recognize it does not (thank goodness they recognize it at least) so I hope they change the way they represent the NNAS assessment.
What is your ETP)?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
Can you please tell me about you?
US educated (at a school where graduates were accepted by CNO without issue whatsoever prior to NNAS), non-comparable, had to do IENCAP in March. Waiting for results. Canadian citizen and currently unable to work in my own country.

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
US educated (at a school where graduates were accepted by CNO without issue whatsoever prior to NNAS), non-comparable, had to do IENCAP in March. Waiting for results. Canadian citizen and currently unable to work in my own country.
I wish you will get positive result .I know some of my friends also got non compareble who are graduated from usa with bsn degree but their work experiences help them to get RN license here. I believe that what we have to do to get license is totally depended on nnas' s report and how our employees send job descriptions.

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
I wish you will get positive result .I know some of my friends also got non compareble who are graduated from usa with bsn degree but their work experiences help them to get RN license here. I believe that what we have to do to get license is totally depended on nnas' s report and how our employees send job descriptions.
Where are you in usa? I have compact RN license issued from texas.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
I think the discussion over here has got more towards the thought process that your country education plays a role in your education report. Personally, I think that is not the case.

NNAS educational equivalency is quite verbose & they look for key words to match them. The more it matches the higher the percentage. I have 3 year diploma & mine EAT for RN was 45% and NOT COMPARABLE although I have seen people have 4 years BSN & go the same result.

Reactions: kuigualaval

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
When did your friends with "non-comparable" get their nursing license? Recently, or?

RN_0001

Oct 18, 2016
I think the discussion over here has got more towards the thought process that your country education plays a role in your education report. Personally, I think that is not the case.

NNAS educational equivalency is quite verbose & they look for key words to match them. The more it matches the higher the percentage. I have 3 year diploma & mine EAT for RN was 45% and NOT COMPARABLE although I have seen people have 4 years BSN & go the same result.
Yes you are right. It is nothing more than a word search. So basically eventually international schools can figure out what exactly NNAS is looking for and ensure those words are in the syllabi and course/program descriptions, and those applicants will be deemed "comparable". It's not a real assessment of whether or not someone has the equivalent knowledge and skill that a Canadian grad has. They have also altered it obviously, because before, nobody was getting "comparable", and now some US grads are. When I applied to NNAS no US grads were getting "comparable". I think though that we can generally assume that certain countries will not be comparable, based on the results overall...almost everyone is "non comparable".

kali86

Dec 19, 2012
What do you think, cno evaluate our job descriptions to fill that remaining % or see for whole? Because CNO only have nnas's report and JD.