AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
The only thing you can do is to get on with your life.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
good234 said:
what of if i call them be for he came back that they should cancel is PR and dont let him come in to canada
No - they won't do this. Sorry.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
the day he landed in Canada he became a PR. To keep his PR status he has to be in Canada for the required time, if he leaves Canada and does not return then he could loose his status but if he's just away on a short vacation that's not an issue.

There is absolutely nothing you can do for him to loose his PR. I wish there were a way to convince the gov that someone should have their PR taken away but unfortunately there isn't. All you can do is hope that he doesn't go on welfare for the 3 years you are responsible for him.

I had a loser of a husband, I sponsored him and I left him and even though he caused a lot of problems for me I still am responsible for him, thankfully the 3 years expires in 2 months and then I'm free and clear.

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
But if he got his PR last year in February and just left now it means he stayed with you for over a year after his PR. It does not mean necessarily that he was taking advantage of you. Things might have fallen apart, many people divorce for real reasons in that time frame... Immigration should not be used as a bargain tool, for either side!

You lived with this man from 2007 until 2012! It doesn't seem like a fake relationship to me! I don't know what happened, but try not to cloud your judgement because of your anger... If it is the case he took advantage of you there are many support groups online but think about it properly, was it really a fake relationship or was it a real relationship that after a while fell apart? It happens with couples all around the globe... If he is a honest person he will not take advantage of you during the time you are responsible for him, unless he really needs it.

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
good234 said:
what of if i call them be for he came back that they should cancel is PR and dont let him come in to canada
rofl intent on revenge, aren't we?
how well did you know him before you decided to marry?

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
BettyPage said:
the day he landed in Canada he became a PR. To keep his PR status he has to be in Canada for the required time, if he leaves Canada and does not return then he could loose his status but if he's just away on a short vacation that's not an issue.

There is absolutely nothing you can do for him to loose his PR. I wish there were a way to convince the gov that someone should have their PR taken away but unfortunately there isn't. All you can do is hope that he doesn't go on welfare for the 3 years you are responsible for him.

I had a loser of a husband, I sponsored him and I left him and even though he caused a lot of problems for me I still am responsible for him, thankfully the 3 years expires in 2 months and then I'm free and clear.
What's your story? What did he do to you?

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
ThunderSoul,

It's a very long story but to sum it up. I married someone who was a fantastic actor and liar, manipulative and charming. I will not scream scam and cry victim ever. I married someone I didn't know well enough and didn't know his past, he and his family hid his addiction problems from me. A few months after he arrived in Canada his mask/facade started to crumble and fall apart. It ended in him going to jail for a few days and in that time I moved all his stuff out of my home. I paid his rent for a long time, bought his food, supported him financially not because he deserved it but because I had to thanks to my own stupidity for bringing him here and signing a 3 year sponsorship.

I strongly believe that the sponsorship obligation should have conditions. If the person turns out to be a criminal, addict, abusive to the sponsor etc...there should be a way out for us (sponsors).

I had to make a lot of life changes to be safe and I'm still a bit bitter about it. Two years after getting rid of him, I miss the life I had BEFORE I ever got tangled up with that addict.

Hnhkrk

May 4, 2012
Illinois, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
LA --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2012
AOR Received.
17-10-2012
Med's Done....
09-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2013
LANDED..........
25-04-2013
BettyPage said:
ThunderSoul,

It's a very long story but to sum it up. I married someone who was a fantastic actor and liar, manipulative and charming. I will not scream scam and cry victim ever. I married someone I didn't know well enough and didn't know his past, he and his family hid his addiction problems from me. A few months after he arrived in Canada his mask/facade started to crumble and fall apart. It ended in him going to jail for a few days and in that time I moved all his stuff out of my home. I paid his rent for a long time, bought his food, supported him financially not because he deserved it but because I had to thanks to my own stupidity for bringing him here and signing a 3 year sponsorship.

I strongly believe that the sponsorship obligation should have conditions. If the person turns out to be a criminal, addict, abusive to the sponsor etc...there should be a way out for us (sponsors).

I had to make a lot of life changes to be safe and I'm still a bit bitter about it. Two years after getting rid of him, I miss the life I had BEFORE I ever got tangled up with that addict.
But they shouldn't.

Jamgirl

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, JA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 19/11
Doc's Request.
Jan 8/13
AOR Received.
Dec.12/11
File Transfer...
Sp. Apr. Dec. 22/11 & Tr. Jan.25/12
Med's Done....
Aug.22/11 & Aug. 27/12
Interview........
Waived - In Process Dec 21/12
Passport Req..
Jan. 8/13
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 1/13
LANDED..........
Feb. 2/13
BettyPage said:
ThunderSoul,

+1 Sorry for your struggles. Glad that you can take responsibility for your choices and try to make yourself whole again and learn from this rather than cry scam and pool in misery. Respect to you!

cililoca

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 5 2011
BettyPage said:
ThunderSoul,

I agree with you when you say there should be restrictions! Specially with the outland sponsorship that the couple don't get to live together before marrying! But this lady that posted seems to have lived with her husband for quite a while before and after the sponsorship...

I thought that criminal checks were done before a person could come to Canada, I think outland sponsorships are way easier to the people involved than inland. Many people I know got it in no time and they barely knew each other. They should have a probational period for those cases. It's very hard to be a victim of a person without principles, you should have the right to strike back. On the other hand, some people use their "power" over the sponsored to take revenge when things don't go their way. We have to be careful with this so things don't get out of proportion.

I'm sorry to hear your story and I hope that soon it will be just a long distant memory!

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Jamgirl,

I was always whole and always take responsibility for my actions. I sure paid a heavy price for falling in love with the wrong type of man...but oh well life goes on.

I strongly believe in the best revenge is living well and my life is a whole lot better than his in many ways. I did more for him than he ever deserved and the only thing that burns me is that he's still in Canada.. For his own good he shouldn't be here, he should be back home with his parents where they can help him with his addictions, it's the only place that he can maintain sobriety.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
BettyPage said:
While I agree in part, I don't see a practical solution. Who is going to take care of the financial side of things? The tax payer? I think not...as this would be totally unfair and a major burden. I like that the sponsorship undertaking makes the sponsor responsible financially so as to avoid having Canadian tax payers pick up the tab. Perhaps the undertaking could be shortened in cases where there is abuse or similar? But then there would need to be investigations...I can see it becoming very complicated.

Don't forget, the PR could have an *accident*.... :p Just joking.

FS

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
good234 said:
I don't know your story but you are obviously mad with your spouse for leaving you. Some relationships fail, it's a reality. It doesn't matter how long you have known the person. Since he already got his PR status in Canada, there is nothing you can do. Have you (and your spouse) considered counseling?