File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
June 21th 2012
BettyPage said:
ThunderSoul,

It's a very long story but to sum it up. I married someone who was a fantastic actor and liar, manipulative and charming. I will not scream scam and cry victim ever. I married someone I didn't know well enough and didn't know his past, he and his family hid his addiction problems from me. A few months after he arrived in Canada his mask/facade started to crumble and fall apart. It ended in him going to jail for a few days and in that time I moved all his stuff out of my home. I paid his rent for a long time, bought his food, supported him financially not because he deserved it but because I had to thanks to my own stupidity for bringing him here and signing a 3 year sponsorship.

I strongly believe that the sponsorship obligation should have conditions. If the person turns out to be a criminal, addict, abusive to the sponsor etc...there should be a way out for us (sponsors).

I had to make a lot of life changes to be safe and I'm still a bit bitter about it. Two years after getting rid of him, I miss the life I had BEFORE I ever got tangled up with that addict.
Hi there!

It's really sad hearing about stories like this, in my case it's me who is being sponsored and I still can't believe that people like this get their visas meanwhile clean and honest people are waiting to be with their loved ones. They only take time to the government!!

It's really repulsive! Canada should kicked this kind of people out!!

Habibti

Apr 4, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2011
File Transfer...
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
10-01-2011 / 06-09-2012
Interview........
12-09-2011 / Denied 4-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
January 9, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2013 in Montreal
cililoca said:
But if he got his PR last year in February and just left now it means he stayed with you for over a year after his PR. It does not mean necessarily that he was taking advantage of you. Things might have fallen apart, many people divorce for real reasons in that time frame... Immigration should not be used as a bargain tool, for either side!

You lived with this man from 2007 until 2012! It doesn't seem like a fake relationship to me! I don't know what happened, but try not to cloud your judgement because of your anger... If it is the case he took advantage of you there are many support groups online but think about it properly, was it really a fake relationship or was it a real relationship that after a while fell apart? It happens with couples all around the globe... If he is a honest person he will not take advantage of you during the time you are responsible for him, unless he really needs it.
This is exactly what I would have written. I have a feeling you are seeking revenge...

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
I am so sick of reading these things. Why would you expect the government to clean up your mess? If they passed a law saying that the government had to approve every person's choice of spouse prior to marriage, there would riots in the streets and everyone screaming how dare the government interfere in their business. Yet when the relationship fails, all of a sudden you expect the government to get involved? You were grown enough to make your decisions back then, now be grown enough to deal with the consequences today.

lilizinha

Star Member
May 15, 2012
good234 said:
so what can i do so that he can not come back to canada
I have no idea why would you do that with your *man*, if he didn't take advantage of you, didnt abuse you..
What i know is you are responsable* for him for 3 years after that no strings attached.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
good234 said:
Hello everyone i go married in 2007 and we have been living together since then in canada he got is PR last year in febuary 2011 but now things did not work out he will be going to visit is mum i will like to cancel is PR so that he can not come back to canada when he lift please help

You can easily cancel his PR, just write to Cic in detail that he has maried you to just get PR and now no longer intrested in keeping this relationship.

Nowadays Cic is very strict with people who do these fraud .

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Aquib said:
You can easily cancel his PR, just write to Cic in detail that he has maried you to just get PR and now no longer intrested in keeping this relationship.

Nowadays Cic is very strict with people who do these fraud .
You cannot cancel PR. AT ALL. Please don't post unless you know what the answer is. CIC cannot cancel a PR because there would be no way to show that it was fraud. And who's to say it WAS fraud. He may have just found another woman and left her.

CheshireCats

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
Sarnia Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-01-2012
AOR Received.
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
12-05-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2013 & 03-06-2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1344EA.pdf

This is the form that you signed as a sponsor to sponsor your husband. Application to Sponsor and Undertaking.
Page 4, box G clearly indicates what you are agreeing to.

If you didn't read or sign that paper (meaning someone else forged it) then you can call CIC...but if you signed that form, then you are going to have to deal with it :(

uskyoot

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
25-06-2014
File Transfer...
07-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
LANDED..........
CORP received 5/8/2014 Landed 30/08/2014
Tim271 has a post on this forum explaining how he married in 2007, received PR in Feb 2011 and is now afraid to go out of the country because his wife is threatening go cancel his PR. Wonder if the two posts are related. Even if not, it gives perspective of the same type of situation from both sides.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
In general, I think Canadians are far too dependent on the government. The idea of cradle to grave is something that Ron Paul talks a lot about, and I like it. Why should the government get involved with private matters that really don't have anything to do with anyone aside from the affected parties? Do you think I want my tax money going towards something like this? No. This is a private matter that should be dealt with by those involved.

When you signed the agreement, you agreed to the terms and conditions...that's it. You should have considered the possibility that something like this could happen. To go on about getting the government involved is not the solution. The solution is simple: fullfil your obligations as the sponsor. It is also not the government's or Canadian tax payer's responsibility just because you have made a poor choice. Deal with your decisions and move on...that is the only thing you CAN do...

There is no evidence from your OP that your spouse did anything wrong, aside from leaving you...which may or may not be wrong...we have no way of really knowing what happened, and there are always to sides to every story.

Try to end things in a good way so that you can at least find closure...

FS

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
uskyoot said:
Tim271 has a post on this forum explaining how he married in 2007, received PR in Feb 2011 and is now afraid to go out of the country because his wife is threatening go cancel his PR. Wonder if the two posts are related. Even if not, it gives perspective of the same type of situation from both sides.
I thought of this same thing when I read this thread.

His story goes that his wife apparently stole money from him and when he found out he confronted her and left the relationship, and then she started to threaten to take his PR away.

It does sound like these two could be linked.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Deficient said:
I thought of this same thing when I read this thread.

His story goes that his wife apparently stole money from him and when he found out he confronted her and left the relationship, and then she started to threaten to take his PR away.

It does sound like these two could be linked.
Whatever story , but one get his PR only because he marry to Canadian PR/citizen .
If he later got problem with his/her spouse then he /she free to finish relationship and should get back to his own country , free to apply for PR on his own merits .

People has make game of this word called "relationship / marrige / love" just to enter into country where they cant enter on there own .

And always start looking problem in there spouce once they got there PR stamped .

If she could proof that he got affair with other women or he has cheated and used her to get PR then definately His PR will get in problem ,

I have seen one case in UK where one of my nigerian friend married to 47 year old british lady , got PR (was in student visa before - just 36 year age, dated 3 month before getting married ) , live with that women for 3 year and they looks like happiest couple in earth , and once he got his british Passport , he started picking things on her wife lifestyle . Within 4 month he start living seperate , then he gone to nigeria saying he miss his family and going for good .

That lady gone into depression. And few days ago she came to know that his husband is still in UK , now living in Cardiff and dating one young polish girl ,
She now got police complaint of cheating and getting citizenship by fraud case registered on him , if she success then definately his husband will be in trouble , only plus point that he got British citizenship else if he was PR then could got deported .
Still i know quite few people has given statement against him and court got loads of way if they make there mind to screw him off.

All depends how much you want to fight and are your ground are strong enough .
Law and justice in western country is much stronger then our motherlands .

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
But , all this only if he used you, and you can't force anyone to live with you just becz as you have Sponser him.
May be he tried to keep up relationship but can't able to make it , in that case you can't do much .

You do what u think best , if he was at fault then he will pay for it, one cuts what he farm. Gods know best who is right who is wrong.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
good234 said:
Hello everyone i go married in 2007 and we have been living together since then in canada he got is PR last year in febuary 2011 but now things did not work out he will be going to visit is mum i will like to cancel is PR so that he can not come back to canada when he lift please help
when you mentioned the things did not work, therefore you're thinking how to cancel his PR. However, it depends on what kinda things.
If he didn't cheat on you (such as married for PR), didn't abused you, then I don't think there's anything you can do since he did not do anything wrong. You can not cancel his PR just because the relationship is not working anymore.

AmandaHsu

Jan 10, 2011
Nanaimo
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/Nov/2010
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
20/Dec/2010
File Transfer...
None
Med's Done....
10/Aug/2010
LANDED..........
02/Apr/2012
Zouk Princesse said:
I am so sick of reading these things. Why would you expect the government to clean up your mess? If they passed a law saying that the government had to approve every person's choice of spouse prior to marriage, there would riots in the streets and everyone screaming how dare the government interfere in their business. Yet when the relationship fails, all of a sudden you expect the government to get involved? You were grown enough to make your decisions back then, now be grown enough to deal with the consequences today.
Fencesitter said:
In general, I think Canadians are far too dependent on the government. The idea of cradle to grave is something that Ron Paul talks a lot about, and I like it. Why should the government get involved with private matters that really don't have anything to do with anyone aside from the affected parties? Do you think I want my tax money going towards something like this? No. This is a private matter that should be dealt with by those involved.

When you signed the agreement, you agreed to the terms and conditions...that's it. You should have considered the possibility that something like this could happen. To go on about getting the government involved is not the solution. The solution is simple: fullfil your obligations as the sponsor. It is also not the government's or Canadian tax payer's responsibility just because you have made a poor choice. Deal with your decisions and move on...that is the only thing you CAN do...

There is no evidence from your OP that your spouse did anything wrong, aside from leaving you...which may or may not be wrong...we have no way of really knowing what happened, and there are always to sides to every story.

Try to end things in a good way so that you can at least find closure...

FS
agreed with both of you