Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Oh and good luck Noor.. sorry to hijack your thread. Come on back to Canada! And sponsor him again. I'm sure you will be successful if you do it from within Canada.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Steph C said:
I agree with you about that, and wish we could be at the front of the line, but for the government to implement some kind of tiered system based on where you were born and raised would be a bit harsh.
On the other hand it's really the difference between simple spousal sponsorship and daisy-chain immigration. It hurts me when people immigrate yet don't want to be here... for me it's the greatest place on earth but for others it's just a way to climb the proverbial totem pole.
It bothered me when a boat load of refugees landed 5k from my house and my partner couldn't even get a visitor's visa. Those refugees are probably in Toronto somewhere sponsoring the rest of their families and I'm behind them in line. But somehow that's what makes Canada great in my opinion.. equal treatment.
For now, while I'm waiting, I'm just thinking of it as a privilege and just hoping.
I can see your point! I agree that the fact that Canada is good on being equal... but I think of the greatness of it's willingness to be equal as in how it treats married, common law and same sex not so much on the fact that it doesn't take citizens by birth as an advantage... It's the same beef I have with CIC in the fact that places like the US have such a higher wait time compared to countries like India or China...(that are proven to have higher fraud cases) you would think that a country that shares a border and doesn't require a visa to enter would be the fastest on the list of approvals followed by others in the commonwealth.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
mameelynn said:
It's the same beef I have with CIC in the fact that places like the US have such a higher wait time compared to countries like India or China...(that are proven to have higher fraud cases) you would think that a country that shares a border and doesn't require a visa to enter would be the fastest on the list of approvals followed by others in the commonwealth.
That's for sure.. but maybe it is just some kind of reciprocal thing.. after all the USA does like to blame us for letting in all the terrorists :p

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
missmymexi said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but didnt they just implement a 5 year waiting period for a PR to sponsor a spouse ?
only if they are divorced from the person who sponsored them before a 5 year time has elapsed.

P

pk2ca123

I have a question here... What if she had applied for citizenship and became Canadian Citizen during the time her spouse immigration is in process? Will she then be allowed to stay in Pakistan for long durations?

The thing I am trying to ask is that If sponsor becomes Citizen during case decision is pending then is it possible for sponsor to go and live with spouse in Pakistan and still she wont get rejected bcoz now she is Canadian citizen?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
pk2ca123 said:
I have a question here... What if she had applied for citizenship and became Canadian Citizen during the time her spouse immigration is in process? Will she then be allowed to stay in Pakistan for long durations?

The thing I am trying to ask is that If sponsor becomes Citizen during case decision is pending then is it possible for sponsor to go and live with spouse in Pakistan and still she wont get rejected bcoz now she is Canadian citizen?
In order for this to work, the sponsor would have to send updated forms to CIC indicating they are now a citizen and also supply proof they will return to live in Canada once the PR visa has been approved for their spouse. (Canadian citizens are allowed to sponsor their spouse while living outside of Canada but must include proof with the application that they will return to Canada to live here once approval is received.) Keep in mind that the citizenship application process currently takes about a year and a half to complete (assuming there are no issues with the application).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to add to my post above - the file can still be refused if CIC feels the citizen spouse did not provide sufficient proof they would move back to Canada after their spouse's PR has been approved.

P

pk2ca123

noor1987 said:
hi every1,

i am really upset, i really need some suggestions or help plzz :(
i first came to Canada in September 2010 and got my PR but after one month i went back to Pakistan and got married there. in august 2011 i again came back to Canada and delivered my baby in Canada in September and at the same time i sponsored my husband. but as me and my husband was planing to live Canada together after my husbands sponsorship approved, so i again went back to Pakistan in November 2011 and started living there. Now my husbands case got rejected as embassy said that i am not living in Canada.

plz can any1 help me in this situation. i mean what should i do...?? :(
i want to live with my husband till he gets the visa...bt as his case already been rejected...i dont knw wht should i do nw??

plz i want some1 2 guide me.

I think some Canadian Immigration laws are totally insane... They say the sponsor with a PR status must stay in Canada during the whole process. and they also don't give even Visit visa to the sponsored person easily. And processing time for Pakistan is 26 month (more than 2 years). I fail to understand how can the expect a GENUINE married couple to stay apart for such a long time???? And what about if the couple have kids too? is it possible that one of the parent don't even see his/her kids for f****g 2 years just to get immigration?

I believe they must change their rules if they are serious about helping it's residents to bring their families to Canada. The rules should be friendly to the genuine cases if they want to avoid fraudulent immigration.

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
pk2ca123 said:
I think some Canadian Immigration laws are totally insane... They say the sponsor with a PR status must stay in Canada during the whole process. and they also don't give even Visit visa to the sponsored person easily. And processing time for Pakistan is 26 month (more than 2 years). I fail to understand how can the expect a GENUINE married couple to stay apart for such a long time???? And what about if the couple have kids too? is it possible that one of the parent don't even see his/her kids for f****g 2 years just to get immigration?

I believe they must change their rules if they are serious about helping it's residents to bring their families to Canada. The rules should be friendly to the genuine cases if they want to avoid fraudulent immigration.
A PR sponsor can visit their spouse during that time, just not live outside of Canada. It's still awful, even with visits, but they can at least see each other during the sponsorship process.

Zouk Princesse

Aug 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Nov-2011
File Transfer...
17-Jan-2012
Med's Request
VO requested med certificate extension from Ottawa 24-Jul-2012
Med's Done....
16-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-Sep-2012
LANDED..........
27-Sep-2012
I completely agree that citizens should get priority in the sponsorship line over PRs. It wouldn't be that complicated to implement, it's already that way in the US, just look at the time differences in processing times for sponsors of green card holders vs. citizens. I also think that doing this would help reduce some of that chain sponsorship mentioned earlier.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
@ Zouk - I totally agree.

While I respect that all families want and need to be together, Canadian's should have first priority in bringing

apstone

Star Member
Jul 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-4-2012
File Transfer...
27-7-2012
Med's Done....
10-3-2012
also, not to sound insensitive or anything, but there isn't really enough info on her path to PR to really comment on the whole difference in treatment between PRs and Citizens.

From what I gather, she spent almost no time in Canada as an actual PR. She didn't seem to have a life here (I may be wrong, but from the info she provided, she was here for 1 month). So she comes back to have a baby, then immediately goes back to Pakistan again. There doesn't seem to be any Canadian interests at play here. It's not like she lived here for even a few years, and fell in love with someone from her own country. From that perspective, why would Canada let any of them back in?

maybe there is more to the story, but from the info so far, seems like a pretty simple rejection. i hope that they figure out what they want to do. maybe they could both get work permits first?

again, sounds cold, i know, but we just need more info if we want to discuss the policies of Canadian immigration