+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MPNP General Stream Applicants

kkingra

Jul 2, 2012
ramcal said:
i agree with tabs, during my CIIP seminar, they told us that Winnipeg is the most popular destination in Manitoba, probably because it is the capital of Manitoba. but they are also telling us that aside from Winnipeg, there are also good places to stay lilke brandon ,churchil, morden etc. as long as you stay within Manitoba, it is okay.
dear sir madam, problem is not staying there, matter is i can awail additional 5 points for regional migration in MB, if i want to settle outside MB, if my sponser lives in Winnipeg, and do i must have to fill winnipeg or can i fill brandon city i can awail more 5 points.. and is that necessory / mandatory applicant's future city/area should be the same as that of sponser. i want to live in rural area or small cities in MB it is my personal choice.. rest it depend upon luck for LOA / acceptance .. guys please guide.

GKarl

Oct 20, 2012
Winnipeg
kkingra said:
dear sir madam, problem is not staying there, matter is i can awail additional 5 points for regional migration in MB, if i want to settle outside MB, if my sponser lives in Winnipeg, and do i must have to fill winnipeg or can i fill brandon city i can awail more 5 points.. and is that necessory / mandatory applicant's future city/area should be the same as that of sponser. i want to live in rural area or small cities in MB it is my personal choice.. rest it depend upon luck for LOA / acceptance .. guys please guide.
Hi kkingra!

The thing is, if you select in your application a place other than of your sponsor's, your sponsor will have difficulty explaining to the MPNP, if and when he is interviewed, how he could possibly help you settle on your arrival. I believe brandon is 5-6 hours drive from Winnipeg (if I'm not mistaken), which might raise a cloud of doubt from the interviewer whether how your sponsor could provide you the necessary support considering the distance between Brandon and Winnipeg.

So, the best thing for you to do is to select Winnipeg as your city of destination and once you got the LOA, PR and landed in Manitoba, you can then choose to settle in Brandon.

kkingra

Jul 2, 2012
GKarl said:
Hi kkingra!

The thing is, if you select in your application a place other than of your sponsor's, your sponsor will have difficulty explaining to the MPNP, if and when he is interviewed, how he could possibly help you settle on your arrival. I believe brandon is 5-6 hours drive from Winnipeg (if I'm not mistaken), which might raise a cloud of doubt from the interviewer whether how your sponsor could provide you the necessary support considering the distance between Brandon and Winnipeg.

So, the best thing for you to do is to select Winnipeg as your city of destination and once you got the LOA, PR and landed in Manitoba, you can then choose to settle in Brandon.
thanks for suggestions, i will fill Winnipeg same city of sponsor friend.

May 2, 2013
Hi everyone ,

what should be the answer to this question :
If your occupation is not regulated, what steps will you take before you arrive in Manitoba to ensure you find skilled employment soon after arriving in Manitoba?

I am computer programmer . it would be of great help if you suggest the answer asap.

TIA,
Gurwinder

yeoj77

Jul 29, 2012
Good Day Blooms were on the same boat till now no sponsor interview just aor i receive last june12 2012, i'm gs applicant dec2012.

pndrana

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
03-06-2013
IELTS Request
No
Dear blooms & Yeoj77,

I am also same here. No sponsor interview.

if any updates please please please share.

Thanks

SK23

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
blooms said:
pndrana, Yeoj77,
can we ask them about application status?
no we cannot ask about application statues and they donot provide information regarding application statues

picky_ysez

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone! Im just new in this forum and i have many questions in mind i hope somebody will help me so i can start preparing my documents soon under GS. Please please help me. Thank you in advance.

1. Im separated for 6 yrs. but not in papers. Do i still have to submit his requirements with us or just me and my daughter only?

2. Is HS diploma included in my application or college diploma & transcript of record only? Do i have to notarized & red ribbon all of those?

3. Is it ok if i mail my complete documents to my sponsor then she will be the one to submit it to manitoba office?

4. Were going to submit our requirements on the 3rd week of March 2014. Am i going to expect a call from them regarding with our application within 3-4 months? coz were planning to have a vacation to japan on March till June?

5. Ill be ending my contract with my current job this Dec 2013. Ive been here for 4 yrs. and 3 months now and by January next yr. i will be working in a new company and im suppose to send my application on march to my sponsor. Do you think it can affect my application?

6. Is it 10 yrs. working experience or 5 yrs. because i only have 5 yrs. work experience in total?

7. My fund in the bank is not enough but my sister will lend me money to complete the said required funds. are they going to notice that? or they just after the required funds only if i have it?

Hope somebody will help me with this. Thank you in advance and god bless us all...

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Sponsor Interview for MPNP: 13 June 2013
Passport Req..
30-01-2014 (additional documents - requests new NBI)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014/ 17-02-2014 (amended)
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
Answers are in blue.

I highly suggest that you read the latest MPNP requirements and application process.
see: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/

And check the new point system: (tried to add a link, but couldn't)

Before submitting your application.

picky_ysez said:
Hi everyone! Im just new in this forum and i have many questions in mind i hope somebody will help me so i can start preparing my documents soon under GS. Please please help me. Thank you in advance.

1. Im separated for 6 yrs. but not in papers. Do i still have to submit his requirements with us or just me and my daughter only?
For MPNP you won't need to submit your spouse's documents as you won't include him in your application. But you might have to provide a letter of consent from your spouse or a full custody of your daughter once you apply for a visa after you receive an LOA. As you cannot bring your daughter with you to Canada without your husband's permission.

2. Is HS diploma included in my application or college diploma & transcript of record only? Do i have to notarized & red ribbon all of those?
No need to notarize your documents, you only need a scanned copy. Because of the new MPNP policy I am not sure whether HS diploma is required. I have not submitted my HS diploma, only my college diploma and transcripts.

3. Is it ok if i mail my complete documents to my sponsor then she will be the one to submit it to manitoba office?
No, the new MPNP Application is now online. They don't accept snail mail application anymore. So, you don't need to send your documents to your sponsor.

4. Were going to submit our requirements on the 3rd week of March 2014. Am i going to expect a call from them regarding with our application within 3-4 months? coz were planning to have a vacation to japan on March till June?
This is a case by case basis. So, there is no guarantee on the exact date they will call your sponsor for an interview. Nor whether your interview will be waived. In my case, My sponsor was interviewed 5 months after application and I wasn't interviewed.

5. Ill be ending my contract with my current job this Dec 2013. Ive been here for 4 yrs. and 3 months now and by January next yr. i will be working in a new company and im suppose to send my application on march to my sponsor. Do you think it can affect my application?
This won't affect your application. The work experience they are asking is up to 5 years and you get points from a 6 month work experience. So, in this case, you will get full points for your 4 years work experience and no points for the 3 months and for the new job.

6. Is it 10 yrs. working experience or 5 yrs. because i only have 5 yrs. work experience in total?
For the new MPNP online application, only 5 years work experience is required.

7. My fund in the bank is not enough but my sister will lend me money to complete the said required funds. are they going to notice that? or they just after the required funds only if i have it?
I suggest you have the amount for at least six months in your account before submission.

Hope somebody will help me with this. Thank you in advance and god bless us all...

picky_ysez

Nov 23, 2013
Please anyone can answer my question before i proceed with my application... coz im worried to be rejected by lack of requirements... im not getting any younger so i really need ur advice and help... Please somebody help me... thank you in advance