Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
:eek: Wow that's fast!!! Is she from Russia?

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
Donhollio said:
:eek: Wow that's fast!!! Is she from Russia?
Yes, she lives in the Moscow oblast ))

atethepaint

Star Member
Jan 13, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 27 2011
AOR Received.
July 20 2011
File Transfer...
July 7 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 22 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 20 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28 2011
LANDED..........
Jan 22 2012
My wife got her PR visa today! It took 215 days, and only 6 days to process and issue the visa!

I'm off to Russia in 2 weeks to spend another beautiful Russian New Year in Moscow, and then we're flying back to British Columbia. I can't believe this is over! So this is how everybody else who posted "Got the visa" felt!

Anna_sol

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Canada, Vaughan
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
File Transfer...
27-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-06-2011
Passport Req..
11-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2012
atethepaint said:
My wife got her PR visa today! It took 215 days, and only 6 days to process and issue the visa!

I'm off to Russia in 2 weeks to spend another beautiful Russian New Year in Moscow, and then we're flying back to British Columbia. I can't believe this is over! So this is how everybody else who posted "Got the visa" felt!
CONGRATS!!! im so happy for you!!! I hope my process will be as fast as yours ;)

I didnt get AOR letter. But today ecas changed to in process. So now the counting begins....

Dec 9, 2009
Moscow office has received our application on July 15th 2011... (that's after ~6months of waiting on Canadian side)
its now been 5monts with no word from them, except that they got our payment.
I send them a request for an update quoting file number, here is their response:

<snip>
This is in response to your email (see below).
Please be advised that:
file is awaiting background decision.
We will contact you as soon as we are ready to proceed to the next stage of processing or if we need additional documents and/or information.
</snip>
I am so bummed out buy this, and i don't even know what that means. :-[

canontor

Dec 13, 2011
I have a 6 months son born in Russia. I wanted to include him in the sponsorship application with his mother but the CIC call center said I cannot do that because I am a Canadian citizen so he is born Canadian. They have sent me an application form for Proof of Canadian Citizenship. I have sent to Sydney NS the birth certificate notary translated in English, the application form , the payment and 2 copies of my Canadian Passport and my Citizenship certificate.
Today I have received all documents back saying they need more documents for the baby. They have sent me a list with acceptable for them documents for the baby such as age of majority card,credit card, driving license, university degree and so on. They are asking me to send 2 copies of the documents with the baby picture on it from the list. I can see only one document that is his mother's passport(she included him in her passport).
The option they are giving me are:
a) to send a complete application (that is impossible with their requirements for 2 official documents for the baby)
b)to send incomplete application(they are saying they do not guaranty what will be the outcome)
c) a refund

Please advise the best way to solve this issue. What are the documents from Russia for a baby except the birth certificate and mother's passport?

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canontor said:
I have a 6 months son born in Russia. I wanted to include him in the sponsorship application with his mother but the CIC call center said I cannot do that because I am a Canadian citizen so he is born Canadian. They have sent me an application form for Proof of Canadian Citizenship. I have sent to Sydney NS the birth certificate notary translated in English, the application form , the payment and 2 copies of my Canadian Passport and my Citizenship certificate.
Today I have received all documents back saying they need more documents for the baby. They have sent me a list with acceptable for them documents for the baby such as age of majority card,credit card, driving license, university degree and so on. They are asking me to send 2 copies of the documents with the baby picture on it from the list. I can see only one document that is his mother's passport(she included him in her passport).
The option they are giving me are:
a) to send a complete application (that is impossible with their requirements for 2 official documents for the baby)
b)to send incomplete application(they are saying they do not guaranty what will be the outcome)
c) a refund

Please advise the best way to solve this issue. What are the documents from Russia for a baby except the birth certificate and mother's passport?

Thanks
Are you sure they don't mean they want 2 official documents for you? Usually that is the case for this requirement as a baby is naturally not going to have a drivers license or other ID.

canontor

Dec 13, 2011
Leon said:
Are you sure they don't mean they want 2 official documents for you? Usually that is the case for this requirement as a baby is naturally not going to have a drivers license or other ID.
The CIC sent me this list of Identity documents with a sticker "please choose 2 of the above documents for the child" .It is extremely bizarre.And these people who are asking University Diploma or Credit Card etc from a 6 months old baby are paid by our taxes?!?

Anyway I am looking for solution of my problem. Please advise if someone had similar problem.

BTW I have submitted 2 documents from me.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canontor said:
The CIC sent me this list of Identity documents with a sticker "please choose 2 of the above documents for the child" .It is extremely bizarre.And these people who are asking University Diploma or Credit Card etc from a 6 months old baby are paid by our taxes?!?

Anyway I am looking for solution of my problem. Please advise if someone had similar problem.

BTW I have submitted 2 documents from me.
University diplomas and credit cards are not identity documents anyway as they don't tend to have your picture on them. Well, I guess in some countries, credit cards do. My advise, send a copy of the letter back along with your own letter where you go through their whole list of id documents and state, "the child does not have an age of majority ID card because it has not reached the age of majority, the child does not have a drivers license because it is not old enough to drive, the child does not have a university diploma because it is not old enough to have started school yet, let alone university etc. What you can offer in return is another copy of the childs passport (or the mothers) and you could offer a letter from the childs pediatrician stating, I have seen the child of (mothers name) and (your name), the child is born on (date) and is a patient of mine. Maybe they will accept that as a better than nothing. Could it be that they want the child to have its own passport? Could this be arranged?

canontor

Dec 13, 2011
Leon said:
University diplomas and credit cards are not identity documents anyway as they don't tend to have your picture on them. Well, I guess in some countries, credit cards do. My advise, send a copy of the letter back along with your own letter where you go through their whole list of id documents and state, "the child does not have an age of majority ID card because it has not reached the age of majority, the child does not have a drivers license because it is not old enough to drive, the child does not have a university diploma because it is not old enough to have started school yet, let alone university etc. What you can offer in return is another copy of the childs passport (or the mothers) and you could offer a letter from the childs pediatrician stating, I have seen the child of (mothers name) and (your name), the child is born on (date) and is a patient of mine. Maybe they will accept that as a better than nothing. Could it be that they want the child to have its own passport? Could this be arranged?
Thank you for the advise! I will try to send them a letter as you suggested. I will check with my wife what kind of passport our baby can get in Russia. I am not sure if we have to translate the passport and notary certify.
Thanks again Leon !

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
canontor said:
I will check with my wife what kind of passport our baby can get in Russia. I am not sure if we have to translate the passport and notary certify.
Thanks again Leon !
a baby in Russia can have a foreign passport... your wife needs baby's birth certificate and proof of Russian citizenship for the baby to apply for foreign passport for a child.

the foreign passport is in english - so you don't need to translate it. but you might need to notirize the copy.

canontor

Dec 13, 2011
Shuga said:
a baby in Russia can have a foreign passport... your wife needs baby's birth certificate and proof of Russian citizenship for the baby to apply for foreign passport for a child.

the foreign passport is in english - so you don't need to translate it. but you might need to notirize the copy.
Thank you Shuga.

Do you know by chance some reputable company in Yekaterinburg area that has experience with translation and notary certification of the Russian birth certificates ?

Thanks

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
canontor said:
Do you know by chance some reputable company in Yekaterinburg area that has experience with translation and notary certification of the Russian birth certificates ?
they usually have a template and only fill in the name, date and number... so any company can do it... you just tell them that you need a notirezed translation... don't worry about it...

Donhollio

Jun 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2010
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
Recieved Feb 1 2011
Med's Done....
2nd medical completed 2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
JULY 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 2012
LANDED..........
Sept 2012 Only 22 months, thanks for the quick work CIC :(
frolic said:
Hi Don! :) Where is my beer?

What!? ??? I was in Toronto yesterday for a few hours... you never showed up. ::)

Well it's been 1 year so far in our wait. However the CDN Embassy did request more passport photo's and a new local police clearance. She had done one before early on in the sponsorship process....... is this possible good news? Anyone?....