Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Bibitte said:
Hello my friends! I hope u are fine. My husband and me are so happy becouse the process is going very fast :) Our Time Line:

Med's Done....: 26-07-2013
App. Filed.......: 10-10-2013
File Transfer...: 14-11-2013 Sponsorship Approval
AOR Received.: 10-12-2013

We are waiting the letter from the embassy for asking to the PGR document and my husband will ask for the CSQ.

I have one question: How long does it take to receive the CSQ Certificat de Selection du Quebec?

Thanks a lot my friends! Love u so much!

Ahhhhhhh Ksentimental! I think I will translate de PGR document :) Bisous!
It should take 21 days maximum, if you don't get it in 21 days you just have to call the MICC and they'll speed it up for you :)

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Hey everyone, if you're going through Mexico CIC for your application please remember to fill: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlnJvZKyPAGqdFA0eVdLcGZOQmhVcHZMdVBhWWk3R1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

It helps in knowing what other's peoples timelines are like and helps others approximate how long it'll take for them. Thanks :)

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
Hello again! Previously I have just asked quick questions. Just thought I would share our timeline. I may edit the google doc here soon also. I am Canadian, sponsoring my wife. We got married in Canada and had a kid there as well. Been here in Mexico since November 2011 working on this sponsorship. It took too long, partly because we were naive, partly because we did it on our own (lawyer was not really an option).

Application Recieved - June 14, 2013

Approved as Sponsor - July 16, 2013

PGR Requested - October 30, 2013

PGR Recieved back at Embassy – December 18, 2013

I know there are some missing dates. Cannot find them quick at the moment during dinner with a cranky toddler. Happy for those who have gotten through this process and wish luck for those currently waiting and waiting. Fingers crossed eh? :D

Edit: oh, just wanted to say to those who were asking about translating the PGR. I emailed the embassy about it and was told that all documents not in English or French should be translated into one of those languages. We got ours done for like 250 pesos (although some charge over 400 pesos).

Also a quick question. As you can see, we have sent back the completed PGR, but our when we check our application status online, it is still only showing Application Received. No new info. Should there be more info then that? Thanks!

FooF

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mex City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
28-10-2013
File Transfer...
12-07-2013
Med's Done....
09-05-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
How is everyone??
Happy holidays to all of you. I know exactly how you feel, being apart of your love one. Its hard.

So I sent everything they requested, now just waiting to see whats next.
All communication will be by email as it has been these last times, right?

Thanks very much!

Frida19

Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-05-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Request
ARC REQUEST 21-02-14 ARC SEND 26-02-14
Med's Done....
14-12-2012
Interview........
19-02-2014APPROVED
Passport Req..
26 -03-2014 PASSPORT SEND 26-03-14
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-14
LANDED..........
28-04-14
I already send my PGR letter back in July , haven´t hear anything from them yet :/ & I didnt translate my PGR letter just send it in spanish :) good luck everyone !!!

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
ZaCormyr said:
Hello again! Previously I have just asked quick questions. Just thought I would share our timeline. I may edit the google doc here soon also. I am Canadian, sponsoring my wife. We got married in Canada and had a kid there as well. Been here in Mexico since November 2011 working on this sponsorship. It took too long, partly because we were naive, partly because we did it on our own (lawyer was not really an option).

Application Recieved - June 14, 2013

Approved as Sponsor - July 16, 2013

PGR Requested - October 30, 2013

PGR Recieved back at Embassy – December 18, 2013

I know there are some missing dates. Cannot find them quick at the moment during dinner with a cranky toddler. Happy for those who have gotten through this process and wish luck for those currently waiting and waiting. Fingers crossed eh? :D

Edit: oh, just wanted to say to those who were asking about translating the PGR. I emailed the embassy about it and was told that all documents not in English or French should be translated into one of those languages. We got ours done for like 250 pesos (although some charge over 400 pesos).

Also a quick question. As you can see, we have sent back the completed PGR, but our when we check our application status online, it is still only showing Application Received. No new info. Should there be more info then that? Thanks!
Correct me if I am wrong but it only took two months the process? On the CIC website for Mexico City office it says 28 days for approval of the sponsor, and 14 months for approval of the application.

Are these times generally accurate right now?

And another question, I see everyone writing it for the past few pages but I don't understand, what is PGR and PPR and ARC?

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Chauncey said:
Correct me if I am wrong but it only took two months the process? On the CIC website for Mexico City office it says 28 days for approval of the sponsor, and 14 months for approval of the application.

Are these times generally accurate right now?

And another question, I see everyone writing it for the past few pages but I don't understand, what is PGR and PPR and ARC?
Hi Chauncey,
It takes about a month to get SA (Sponsor Approval) then 3 months to receive AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from the Mexico City VO (Visa Office). 80% of applications are processed within 14 months. Some will fall outside of that timeline.
PGR is Procuraduría General de la República. It is the National Criminal Security Document that you can only get after the VO sends you a letter asking for it.
PPR is Passport Request. This is what everyone is waiting for. The VO asks you to send your passport to put your visa in it.
ARC is Authorization to Return to Canada. Some applicants will be asked for this if they have been to or asked to leave Canada at any time. It is an extra step that takes time and money before your visa is processed.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
ksimental said:
Hi Chauncey,
It takes about a month to get SA (Sponsor Approval) then 3 months to receive AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from the Mexico City VO (Visa Office). 80% of applications are processed within 14 months. Some will fall outside of that timeline.
PGR is Procuraduría General de la República. It is the National Criminal Security Document that you can only get after the VO sends you a letter asking for it.
PPR is Passport Request. This is what everyone is waiting for. The VO asks you to send your passport to put your visa in it.
ARC is Authorization to Return to Canada. Some applicants will be asked for this if they have been to or asked to leave Canada at any time. It is an extra step that takes time and money before your visa is processed.
I have two questions, how long does it take from PPR to Visa (getting your passport returned to you). Also, at what stage would I know that ARC has been waived? PPR?

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
nzk0 said:
I have two questions, how long does it take from PPR to Visa (getting your passport returned to you). Also, at what stage would I know that ARC has been waived? PPR?
If you send your passport as soon as it is requested, I think the average has been about one to three weeks to get it back. I wouldn't suggest making any travel plans until your passport is back in your hands. I've also heard that you can go straight to the embassy in the morning and have it back by the afternoon. I'm not very familiar with the ARC because we don't need one but, it's asked for before your PPR. I don't know what circumstances require one. It can take a few months to have it processed so, prepare for some time to be added to your wait if you need one.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
ksimental said:
If you send your passport as soon as it is requested, I think the average has been about one to three weeks to get it back. I wouldn't suggest making any travel plans until your passport is back in your hands. I've also heard that you can go straight to the embassy in the morning and have it back by the afternoon. I'm not very familiar with the ARC because we don't need one but, it's asked for before your PPR. I don't know what circumstances require one. It can take a few months to have it processed so, prepare for some time to be added to your wait if you need one.
Thanks for your quick response :) We're not sure if we'll need to do the ARC or not, CIC's website states we shouldn't need it since it's been three years since my wife left Canada (on time) but my lawyer told me since she was a claimant refugee and did the PRAA it's at the agent's discretion, only time will tell I guess!

Chauncey

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2014
Doc's Request.
02-05-2014
AOR Received.
02-05-2014
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2014
LANDED..........
SOON!!
ksimental said:
Do you think my wife would need an ARC? She has lived in Canada before, but returned to Mexico, and later was rejected twice for Temp Resident Visa. She was never a person non grata in Canada, but just had her TRV rejected...

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Chauncey said:
Do you think my wife would need an ARC? She has lived in Canada before, but returned to Mexico, and later was rejected twice for Temp Resident Visa. She was never a person non grata in Canada, but just had her TRV rejected...
I found this information on the ARC. It really depends on the circumstances on why the person left Canada; their own will or being asked to via Departure, Exclusion, or Deportation Order.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/arc.asp

Knowing your own circumstances should tell you whether or not you will need the ARC.

santi693

Nov 27, 2013
Hi!

Is PGR only required for mexican nationals?

ksimental said:
Hi Chauncey,

ksimental

Star Member
Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
03-08-2013
File Transfer...
16-08-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
santi693 said:
Hi!

Is PGR only required for mexican nationals?
Yes. Other countries going through Mexico VO will have different procedures.

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
nzk0 said:
Thanks for your quick response :) We're not sure if we'll need to do the ARC or not, CIC's website states we shouldn't need it since it's been three years since my wife left Canada (on time) but my lawyer told me since she was a claimant refugee and did the PRAA it's at the agent's discretion, only time will tell I guess!
From my understanding, all refugee claimants who did not leave Canada within 30 days after the negative decision of the Refugee decision, are under a deportation order (which is a lifetime ban from Canada).

If your wife did the PRRA, that tells me she was in Canada past the 30 days. So her the departure order she was issued when she made her refugee claim turned into a deportation order. She will need an ARC. I am almost 100% sure there is no 'discretion' from the officer. Those under a deportation order need the ARC to return to Canada (as it overcomes the deportation order).

We are in the same situation. :(