Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
One other thought...maybe your lawyer meant that the discretion was whether your wife will be approved for the ARC. That decision is at the discretion of (I think) the visa officer manager (or someone higher up). unfortunetly, there are no guarentee for the ARC. Although, a genuine relationship is considered a compelling reason to approve the ARC.

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
cicconfused said:
From my understanding, all refugee claimants who did not leave Canada within 30 days after the negative decision of the Refugee decision, are under a deportation order (which is a lifetime ban from Canada).

If your wife did the PRRA, that tells me she was in Canada past the 30 days. So her the departure order she was issued when she made her refugee claim turned into a deportation order. She will need an ARC. I am almost 100% sure there is no 'discretion' from the officer. Those under a deportation order need the ARC to return to Canada (as it overcomes the deportation order).

We are in the same situation. :(
Ah, I see, well what my lawyer told me is that since it had been a few years it was at the officer's discretion. He also told me nothing was set in stone and that they (CIC) work in mysterious ways and all we can do is present a solid case and hope it'll go fast. I don't know how true that is...

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
09 January 2014 & 14 March 2014 (ARC)
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
I am sure it will be fine. Just be prepared that your wife might have to apply for the ARC, hopefully soon! $400 and a couple extra months.

When and if that time comes, seek advice about what to write in the ARC. It is always running through my head how to explain why my husband should be allowed back into Canada.

Best of luck!

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
cicconfused said:
I am sure it will be fine. Just be prepared that your wife might have to apply for the ARC, hopefully soon! $400 and a couple extra months.

When and if that time comes, seek advice about what to write in the ARC. It is always running through my head how to explain why my husband should be allowed back into Canada.

Best of luck!
I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm not worried about the outcome, more about the 400$ and extra wait (especially extra wait). Anyway, at this point what's a few more months? lol

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
nzk0 said:
I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm not worried about the outcome, more about the 400$ and extra wait (especially extra wait). Anyway, at this point what's a few more months? lol
Oh my totally!! What's a few months compared to a lifetime of togetherness!? (Sounds like the beginning of a joke...what's the punch line though?) ;D

Vladivostok

Dec 31, 2013
cicconfused said:
Oh my totally!! What's a few months compared to a lifetime of togetherness!? (Sounds like the beginning of a joke...what's the punch line though?) ;D
. Hola I'm new here in this forum we just got a letter from the Mexico embassy on nov 29 2013 that requires de PGR and the FBI and pre paid FedEx I already send them what would be next ?

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
cicconfused said:
From my understanding, all refugee claimants who did not leave Canada within 30 days after the negative decision of the Refugee decision, are under a deportation order (which is a lifetime ban from Canada).

If your wife did the PRRA, that tells me she was in Canada past the 30 days. So her the departure order she was issued when she made her refugee claim turned into a deportation order. She will need an ARC. I am almost 100% sure there is no 'discretion' from the officer. Those under a deportation order need the ARC to return to Canada (as it overcomes the deportation order).

We are in the same situation. :(
Same situation here.. My wife got bad advice from a so called immigration consultant (want another work permit because yours will expire soon? ok do this refugee status thing and pay me 2 grand, get your work permit and then cancel the refugee claim, no worries!!). Thus she was under a deportation order for some months without knowing it. She found that out when she went to the immigration office to find out exactly what was going on with her status (since she had no contact any more with that consultant because he was demanding more money) and nearly got arrested. I think if she did not have our 2 month old baby with her, she would have been. She started a pre removal risk assessment, but we decided to cancel that and just leave within the 30 days she was given before being forced to leave. She has been outside Canada now for over 2 years, but I think for sure we will have to do the ARC.

So the ARC generally only takes a couple months?

Also, I asked before but need to ask again. At the PGR stage, should there be more info available online on CIC site other than they received the application?

ZaCormyr

Jan 23, 2013
Vladivostok said:
. Hola I'm new here in this forum we just got a letter from the Mexico embassy on nov 29 2013 that requires de PGR and the FBI and pre paid FedEx I already send them what would be next ?
You wait. hehe. I think it really depends on your particular situation. Interview might be next.

cicconfused

Star Member
Nov 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 August 2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
04 November 2013
File Transfer...
13 September 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04 April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
21 April 2014
LANDED..........
07 July 2014
ZaCormyr said:
Same situation here.. My wife got bad advice from a so called immigration consultant (want another work permit because yours will expire soon? ok do this refugee status thing and pay me 2 grand, get your work permit and then cancel the refugee claim, no worries!!). Thus she was under a deportation order for some months without knowing it. She found that out when she went to the immigration office to find out exactly what was going on with her status (since she had no contact any more with that consultant because he was demanding more money) and nearly got arrested. I think if she did not have our 2 month old baby with her, she would have been. She started a pre removal risk assessment, but we decided to cancel that and just leave within the 30 days she was given before being forced to leave. She has been outside Canada now for over 2 years, but I think for sure we will have to do the ARC.

So the ARC generally only takes a couple months?

Also, I asked before but need to ask again. At the PGR stage, should there be more info available online on CIC site other than they received the application?
Oh my goodness! That is terrible!!! Shame of those corrupt consultants. I am sure there must be some good ones out there, but really!

From reading through this forum, it seems as if the ARC is taking people 2-4 months through Mexico City. Hopefully my estimate is right! I have mentally added that much time...I would hate for it to be longer!

I am not sure if ecas changes at the PGR stage, my husband is not from Mexico and we don't have to do that step.

Bibitte

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Hi my friends! Happy new year for all of u! :) I have a question, do I need to translate de PGR document? I have until 7 February for sending the CSQ and the PGR document :) Love u :)

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
Bibitte said:
Hi my friends! Happy new year for all of u! :) I have a question, do I need to translate de PGR document? I have until 7 February for sending the CSQ and the PGR document :) Love u :)
I didn't translate mine but I don't know if that's correct or not.

cmartin

Jan 7, 2014
Hi everybody! I have a question about the PGR. What my husband need to bring with the letter from Mexico office to make the certificate? All it say on PGR website: Fingersprint, pictures, passport copy...? We are confuse cause I understood on Canada website that Constancia de datos Registrales is for the Mexican outside Mexico.

Thanks!

nzk0

Star Member
Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/03/13
AOR Received.
10/04/13
cmartin said:
Hi everybody! I have a question about the PGR. What my husband need to bring with the letter from Mexico office to make the certificate? All it say on PGR website: Fingersprint, pictures, passport copy...? We are confuse cause I understood on Canada website that Constancia de datos Registrales is for the Mexican outside Mexico.

Thanks!
He needs to bring that and the letter from the Canadian Embassy.

cmartin

Jan 7, 2014
Hi,

They ask for the GPR the military card. My husband don't have a card. Somebody else were in that situation? I read he will have to make him one year military training if he ask the card. We are so worry now.

Thanks!

C.sanz

Jun 26, 2013
Hi all,
just a question...
Is there any way that my husband can come to Canada and wait for the answer of the pr ?
Me my husband and 2 year old are all here in Mexico waiting... I just received the sponsorship approval on the 30th and it was sent to mexico city. 14 months is such a long time......