+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reginac said:
I worked under the table for a few months before getting married because it was difficult to support myself just with the money my Dad was sending me then I stop working and my husband was supporting me 100% (economically). When I sent my first application the person who filled it out told me to not mention this because it was irrelevant information and immigration will not look at this. I never said I worked but I never was asked about it by immigration not even during my interview. I don't know If I need to mention this in my new application or If I just need to focus in my relationship. Everytime I look to my application lots of questions come to my mind, I'm sorry to ask that much.
But you were asked about it by CIC on Question 8 of the back ground declaration of your application where it asks about employment for the past 10 years...

It seems your representative gave you a lot of bad information and advice......

As a reminder to all ...... it is best not to lie on your application

Good luck with your tramite

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
Hi Huron,

Unfortunately I made a mistake thinking that a representative would guide me with the best advise. When I applied I was 23 years old and I didn't have any idea about immigration or the process. I trusted the wrong person and I just answered to all the questions they asked me when they were filling in my application. I think our representative saw that we are in a genuine relationship and he left everything in the hands of his team thinking that there was nothing wrong in our application. I asked a lot of questions to them and now that I'm doing all the questionnaires by myself I saw a lot of mistakes made by our representative and his people and some hidden information as well. I don't feel like crying because I understand that my refusal was unfair but I have the chance to prove everything one more time. I'm confident this time and I thank all of you for answering my questions.

I wish you the best with your process and hope to see everyone in Canada soon =)

M

mrandmrsromero

Hi everyone. My husband dropped off the constancia at the embassy; and we are thisclose to receiving the FBI report – it is in the mail. Yay!

What are your thoughts are about my husband applying for a TRV after all the requested documents are delivered to the embassy. Do you think it is worth a shot applying or is simply too much to hope for? I am almost out of vacation time and would love it if he could come to Canada for a couple of weeks while we wait. Or is it better that he just continue to wait it out in Mexico City through the end of the process?

And ... another thought from my little dream world...if by some miracle the PRV was actually approved while he was visiting me, would he have to courier his passport to the embassy in Mexico City to get the visa? I know, it is a scenario full of unlikely "what if's...", but I'm curious. (Over)thinking and wondering is after all a full time occupation in the indeterminable waiting time :-D

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
It sounds like most people get thier PRV anywhere from 6 to 30 days after the police checks are submitted so they might not even have time to process the TRV and you may have the passport request email!!!!! Sounds like you are on the home stretch now and he will be there soon so I dont know if the TRV would even be worth it (just my two cents).

My husband dropped his PGR off on March 30 and we are still waiting however someone else on this forum dropped thiers off that same day and had PRV on April 15. I am crossing fingers and toes that we will hear something this week........ It is a bit unnerving that they heard and we havent but who knows how the whole system works! Work loads of officers? Vacation days? We also had other documents to drop off so maybe that creates a delay?? Arranged alphabetically? Organized by the date you submitted your app? Overall things are moving way faster than we had anticipated but this part seems to be the hardest! We will likely need an interview (my husband had overstayed while he was here a few years back) so maybe it takes some time to coordinate that date? WOW, my brain is busy!!!!!

cuenca_perez

Sep 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Huy guys! Is my first day in the forum, we have been by our own all this months, but finally we found this forum to shear our experiences and see what is going on with people under the same stress! seeing how other people is getting successful applications makes me feel so much better!

We send our application on january 2, and that was received on february 4th, my husband was found eligible on March 4th and my application was received at visa office in Mexico on March 9th. Im still waiting to hear about them, nothing yet, but Im so hopping that everything is complete, I made sure that we sent everything but we will see.

Im actually suffering another process while this one, and it is my refugee claim, which was already rejected and I just took the decision to stay and do a PRRA, which probably will make my sponsorship application a little harder but at least will give the chance to stay a little longer with my partner, is not a good moment to leave the country and leave him by him self.

I wish there is somebody on the same situation of refugee claim since this changes everythingggg!! and I would love to hear about more people suffering this, and specially if this is trough Mexico visa office.

Ok guys, good luck to everybody! keep posting, I nice to hear about all you!

Mike

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everybody,

Quick question to you based on your experience.

I am sponsoring my spouse, as per eCAS they made the decision on the sponsorship and sent a letter on March 28. The application was received by the Visa Office on March 29th 2011.

My Lawyers/Representatives have not received the letter, according to their office; and they are not willing to contact the CPC-M or the Visa Office until a 4 – 8 Week Period expires.

The questions I have, if anybody could help, are:

If eCAS says “Application Received” that means AOR, or are we still to wait until the Letter gets to our representatives?
In your experience, how soon does the AOR Letter arrive between the eCAS Update and the mail delivery?
Does the AOR indicate the Police Certificate to be sent?
My spouse has lived in different states in Mexico; will we need to render all of them? If so, do we need a letter from the Visa Office requesting the Certificate for each one of them or just for the PGR?
Have you contacted the Visa Office and notice any negative impact on your applications? Reasons why I ask is because we are getting frustrated with our Representatives Response :mad: and we would like to ping the VO and the CPC-M ourselves.

The best of luck to all of you.
All the best,
D.

dattad

Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrandmrsromero said:
Hi everyone. My husband dropped off the constancia at the embassy; and we are thisclose to receiving the FBI report – it is in the mail. Yay!

What are your thoughts are about my husband applying for a TRV after all the requested documents are delivered to the embassy. Do you think it is worth a shot applying or is simply too much to hope for? I am almost out of vacation time and would love it if he could come to Canada for a couple of weeks while we wait. Or is it better that he just continue to wait it out in Mexico City through the end of the process?

And ... another thought from my little dream world...if by some miracle the PRV was actually approved while he was visiting me, would he have to courier his passport to the embassy in Mexico City to get the visa? I know, it is a scenario full of unlikely "what if's...", but I'm curious. (Over)thinking and wondering is after all a full time occupation in the indeterminable waiting time :-D
Hi mrandmrsromero,

You will be bale to have your spouse visit you in Canada with the TRV. While over there, you both can courier the passport and get it stamped with no problem. Just make sure you provide the VO with the Prepaid Courier Account or Voucher. You would be all set, and if possible for both, you could cross the border by car and land accordingly.

All the best.
D.

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
PASSPORT REQUEST email recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocked. Ecstatic. Excited. Numb. Surreal. Elated. Relieved. Happy.

I feel like this is a dream. EEEEIIIIIIII.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
congratulations kdr!

M

mrandmrsromero

kdr said:
PASSPORT REQUEST email recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

cuenca_perez

Sep 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Congrats KDR!!!!

Omg, I feel so happy for you! I just start posting today and Im already involved, more because your date are kind of close to mine and that makes me feel like Im on the right direction!!! please keep posting!!! Whoooooooooo!!!!

cuenca_perez

Sep 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-03-2011
Kdr!

Just reading older posts and noticed that you paid $1040 four your initial application? what does that cover? I dont remember paying that much, I think it was like 500, Am I missing something? and something else, you also mentioned your husband overstayed in some point although he is already in mexico, Dont you have to do the Authorization of Return to Canada? Is this until you finally get the PR or you can start that process previously. Im a refugee claimant and I´ve been already rejected from the refugee board, Im still have a chance to appeal doing a PRRA but that gives me an order of departure in the case that my appealing results negative. Do you have more information about ARC? and should start doing paperwork to get my letter from PGR even although they havent requested? thank you Kdr! I hope you can give a hand with this.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
kdr said:

Congratulations!!!

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hi Cuenca -

My husband had overstayed but was never given a departure order or deported...he left on his own accord. For this reason, he did not require an ARC.
The fee was $1040 because we paid the right of residence fee at the applicaiton time (apparently this speeds it up). I do not remember the specific breakdown of amounts paid but the total was $1040.

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
dattad said:
Hi Everybody,

Quick question to you based on your experience.

I am sponsoring my spouse, as per eCAS they made the decision on the sponsorship and sent a letter on March 28. The application was received by the Visa Office on March 29th 2011.

My Lawyers/Representatives have not received the letter, according to their office; and they are not willing to contact the CPC-M or the Visa Office until a 4 – 8 Week Period expires.

The questions I have, if anybody could help, are:

If eCAS says “Application Received” that means AOR, or are we still to wait until the Letter gets to our representatives?

In your experience, how soon does the AOR Letter arrive between the eCAS Update and the mail delivery?
Does the AOR indicate the Police Certificate to be sent?
My spouse has lived in different states in Mexico; will we need to render all of them? If so, do we need a letter from the Visa Office requesting the Certificate for each one of them or just for the PGR?
Have you contacted the Visa Office and notice any negative impact on your applications? Reasons why I ask is because we are getting frustrated with our Representatives Response :mad: and we would like to ping the VO and the CPC-M ourselves.

The best of luck to all of you.
All the best,
D.
Here are some answers from my experience:
The AOR was received by e-mail. They say in the letter attached to the e-mail that they will be sending a copy of the AOR and barcode stickers, but I have not received either.

On ecas it said application received on December 22nd and the AOR was received on February 2nd.

The AOR explained that they will send out a letter listing the required documents. Our letter indicated that we needed to get the PGR certificate, a police check for Mexico City (doesn't exist) and a medical exam. This was mailed February 4th and was received on March 31st.

If the embassy wants you to get a constancia, then they will send you the letter to request it at the PGR.

As for bothering the Embassy, I have e-mailed a few times for valid reasons (in my opinion anyway). If you look at the Embassy website, it does indicate that the letter of acknowledgement should be within 15 days of receiving the application. It is hidden, but it is there.

I hope this helps and good luck!