+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

M

mrandmrsromero

Shero: congrats! Great news

pdr: from your lips to the ears of the powers-that-be :) Thanks very much for the encouragement!!!

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hello again!

First of all, congratulations to the people who got their Permanent Visa!

I got a couple of questions. Hope someone is able to point me in the right direction here.

Ok, so, my case is this: Me and my fiancée are planning on getting married. The original plan was to get married in June here in Mexico. But, reading some of your comments, i understood that her family had to be present at the wedding, and thats kinda impossible for job issues + money. My future mother in law, already took her vacation time for this year. So, my fiancée told me to forget the wedding for now, since it would take the whole process somewhat like "12-15" months, right?

So, now, she wants me to apply for the PNP (provincial nominee program). She lives in Montral by the way. Well, i got all the info for the PNP, and we even got in touch with a lawyer for help. I do reunite the whole criteria to be elegible for the program, BUT, the thing is that i have, I HAVE to speak french, and from the moment we do the application, i already would have to know it at a low level; so for the time im "requested" for the interview, i would have to show that im able to communicate and understand french at a intermediate level. For what i've read, the PNP process would take like 7 months, plus the months requeried for the federal aprovement (like 2-4 months), (medicals and security).

Anyway, i know this is not the PNP section, but my question is:

Which do you think is faster? the Sponsorship or the Provincial Nominee program?

(at first glance it seems that the PNP, but i've read that to some of you, it took less than 7 months!)

What would you do? ;D

M

mrandmrsromero

Oscar27 said:
Hello again!

Ok, so, my case is this: Me and my fiancée are planning on getting married. The original plan was to get married in June here in Mexico. But, reading some of your comments, i understood that her family had to be present at the wedding, and thats kinda impossible for job issues + money. My future mother in law, already took her vacation time for this year.
From what I can tell, family class applications submitted outland through Mexico that are strong, complete and straightforward have been processing reasonably quickly (averaging 6 months or so?) Obviously this depends a lot on the individual circumstances of each case. I don't know anything about the PNP but it might be worthwhile for you to have a look at trackitt and elsewhere on the forums to get a general idea of timelines and compare.

As for the wedding. My husband and I had the same scenario as you regarding family attendance. We were married last September in Mexico with only his family present. After our civil service we had a small party with his family at a friend's home. It was a lot of fun and we had great pictures. We included them all in the application. I live in eastern Canada, and my family is scattered all over western Canada. They did not have the financial means or vacation time to travel out of the country for our wedding in Mexico, and I explained this in great detail in the application. My mother and sister are planning a "second wedding" party for us after my husband arrives in Canada and we will fly to see them after he gets here. We wrote about those plans in detail as well. I think that if a relationship is genuine and the application is otherwise strong and well documented then having all family present at the wedding is not necessarily going to be a strike against the application if you take the time to thoroughly explain the circumstances.

That said, we don't have the PRV yet, so all my thoughts here are based on pure optimism :) Good luck, whatever you decide.

reginac

Star Member
Apr 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-aug-2011
Doc's Request.
29-dec-2011
AOR Received.
09-dec-2011
File Transfer...
02-nov-2011
Med's Done....
01-june-2011
I'm trying to polish my application and I've been reading in other posts that some people have been told by consultants or lawyers to add or delete some information from their applications. I'm telling the truth 100% but now I'm scared that telling too much can be the reason of refusal. Any advice on what to tell or what can be irrelevant for immigration officers?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
yeah tell them what they need to know without lying, if you checked the immigration booklets and you're sure he's admissible and all your papers are in order, you don't need to tell them too much, but don't hold back on the truth.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what kind of visa Mexican Citizen PR holders of Canada need for the US for tourism purposes. I have read somewhere that it is a different visa from the one issued to Mexican citizens in Mexico.

Thanks

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Huron said:
Does anyone know what kind of visa Mexican Citizen PR holders of Canada need for the US for tourism purposes. I have read somewhere that it is a different visa from the one issued to Mexican citizens in Mexico.

Thanks
Hi Huron!

I checked the US Embassy and visa-info website, I could not find any information about this. They only mention B1/B2. Where did you read this?

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bonbon

Actually I remember reading it here in this forum but now I can’t find the thread.

I checked the US consulate web site in Toronto and in Mexico but I could not find anything listed. I also looked at the Dept of State but again there is just sooooo much info on US visas it’s hard to go through it all.

I remember the thread saying something about US immigration at the boarder told the spouse of the Canadian citizen he would have to get a different visa now that he has landed PR status in Canada. The visa he had was for Mexican living in Mexico (with ties to Mexico)

I think maybe the issue was that the Mexican had a BCC (Border Crossing Card) type of visa laser and maybe did not have B1/B2. I think that a BCC can only be used on the southern boarder of the US and not the norther border but I am not sure.

I was just hoping to confirm this since I need a new US visa because mine will expire in 2 months.

I think I will go for the best of both world and apply for a BBBCV this time.

"BBBCV" Visas
Business and Tourism (B1/B2) Visa and Border Crossing Card
The visa class BBBCV, is considered identical to the older "Laser" visa by the U.S. Government. The visa is a combination of a B1/B2 business and tourist visa, and a border crossing card (BCC).

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Huron said:
Hi Bonbon

Actually I remember reading it here in this forum but now I can't find the thread.

I checked the US consulate web site in Toronto and in Mexico but I could not find anything listed. I also looked at the Dept of State but again there is just sooooo much info on US visas it's hard to go through it all.

I remember the thread saying something about US immigration at the boarder told the spouse of the Canadian citizen he would have to get a different visa now that he has landed PR status in Canada. The visa he had was for Mexican living in Mexico (with ties to Mexico)

I think maybe the issue was that the Mexican had a BCC (Border Crossing Card) type of visa laser and maybe did not have B1/B2. I think that a BCC can only be used on the southern boarder of the US and not the norther border but I am not sure.

I was just hoping to confirm this since I need a new US visa because mine will expire in 2 months.

I think I will go for the best of both world and apply for a BBBCV this time.

"BBBCV" Visas
Business and Tourism (B1/B2) Visa and Border Crossing Card
The visa class BBBCV, is considered identical to the older "Laser" visa by the U.S. Government. The visa is a combination of a B1/B2 business and tourist visa, and a border crossing card (BCC).
Hmm, that's interesting. I think that's your best option. You could always ask them during the interview. Please let us know how it goes :)

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been looking I have found this:

Qualifying for a Border Crossing Card

* B1/B2 visa/Border Crossing Cards are only issued to applicants who are citizens of and resident in Mexico.
* Applicants must meet the eligibility standards for B1/B2 visas.
* They must demonstrate that they have ties to Mexico that would compel them to return after a temporary stay in the United States.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1266.html

Maybe that was the problem...... ( I really wish I could find that post)

Nessa

May 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 6 2011
Doc's Request.
May 11 2012 (PGR)
AOR Received.
April 09 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 31 2012
Med's Done....
Nov. 08 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 26 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 3 2012
Hi everyone! Thought I would come join you all on this thread since I will be going through this whole crazy process in a few months!

I haven´t started anything yet, since we are not yet married. But does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do before hand to prepare for everything?

I have been reading all of these posts and mentally preparing myself for everything. ;) And it makes me so happy to see the posts of people who finally go their PR!

One question:

So my fiance applied for, and was given, a single entry TRV last december to go with me to Canada and visit my family. However, the day he got the visa he found out his mother was very ill and decided not to go. His mother ended up passing away in January.

So now he has an unused TRV in his passport, will this affect his ability to be granted a TRV in the future, and does it affect anything about the PR?

Thanks and looking forward to posting some good news here in the future!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am thinking of starting a spread sheet for the Mexico VO like the one they have for the London VO.

(If there is already a spread sheet for the Mexico office please let me know.)

If not feel free to let me know if you would like or have information to add

Date app send
Date App received
Date Sponsorship Approval
Date AOR
Date In Process
Date PPR Request
Date Visa received

You can see the London VO spread sheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AovjfA1KvIIIdDR3NnZvd3JKZlZ0aURxWWZzUUNub0E&hl=en&authkey=CJyi-IYE#gid=0

Thanks

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ cuenca_perez
@ La_Ardilla
@ dattad
@ Wooera
@ tarnen

Anyone with any updates for Mexico ? My file was received at Mexico VO on may 5th

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
Hi Huron my file was receive as well on may 5 in VO MEXICO OFFICE and i dint have any updates, Im thinking in wait for something today, and if not i will send a email tomorrow, cause its been more than 15 bussines days :-X , Im starting to get worry

La_Ardilla

Star Member
Feb 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
31-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-02-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2010
Med's Request
31-03-2011
Med's Done....
07-04-2011
Passport Req..
01-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Huron said:
@ cuenca_perez
@ La_Ardilla
@ dattad
@ Wooera
@ tarnen

Anyone with any updates for Mexico ? My file was received at Mexico VO on may 5th
No updates, just waiting. The latest update I have is: constancia dropped off at the Embassy on April 27th.