Memorial University of Newfoundland

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hassan1991 said:
a_a_d, Hi there
I've 2.82/4 GPA overall
And 3.23/4 GPA in final two years. I've applied fro MASc oil and gas engineering. I hold a bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering from Pakistan.
Do I have a chance to get into the program?
IELTS score 7band
Hi,
As far as I know, MUN is pretty flexible when it comes to admissions. So if you meet the minimum requirements and you are applying for a course based program, I think you should be good. Also, since your last 2 years have an above total average GPA (These years normally have more technical subjects), I believe you can strongly fancy your changes for admission. Also, IELTS is all fine so no problems there! :)

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
Hie!

I have applied for mun before about 1.5 month for MEng (thesis based). As it is common that you need supervisor for thesis based program, I contacted the department and they said they are supposed to find the supervisor for me if I am accepted.

I still feel strange regarding this. Any experience regarding this?

2) how much time they take to make a decision for thesis based prog?

3) not important but I am curious why the deadline is kept 30 nov for Fall intake. (thesis based MEng)

Applied for MEng Mechanical Fall-16
Profile:
8.1/10 in last 2 years of BE.
IELTS: 7.5
GRE: 311

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KB3 said:
Hie!

I have applied for mun before about 1.5 month for MEng (thesis based). As it is common that you need supervisor for thesis based program, I contacted the department and they said they are supposed to find the supervisor for me if I am accepted.

I still feel strange regarding this. Any experience regarding this?

2) how much time they take to make a decision for thesis based prog?

3) not important but I am curious why the deadline is kept 30 nov for Fall intake. (thesis based MEng)

Applied for MEng Mechanical Fall-16
Profile:
8.1/10 in last 2 years of BE.
IELTS: 7.5
GRE: 311

Yara as far as I know, the Supervisor Acknowledges that you will be working with him but finding a supervisor is the applicant's responsibility. I submitted my Research Proposal to the Supervisor that I had wanted to work with (Although my friend told me about the guy who had student vacancies open for research). Normally you look through the faculty's research projects and contact them with your proposal. They will accept or excuse depending upon their budget, vacancy and the quality of the proposal etc.

sriraguviji

Oct 22, 2015
arandas said:
I have also got accepted in the diploma in safety and risk engineering and i'm preparing to apply for the study permit soon.
The acceptance letter which i have received was in five pages, and in it they wrote the starting date of the program, the courses, the duration of the master degree not the diploma, but like you case they haven't mentioned any thing about the fees except that there are no scholarships.

Wish you the best
Hai,
I am also intered in pursuing graduate Diploma in safety and risk management program in MUN,
My career profile
B.Tech chemical- 75%
IELTS-6.0
Work experience- 2 years
Please help me to know the possibilities to be selected by the university.
Thank you

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Hey Guys,
I submitted my application (Meng Civil Engineering) Nov 1st for Fall 2016 admission.

Any idea when a decision will be made on my application?
I read on their web page that it takes no more than 2 months.
Just wanted to inquire this from someone that has experienced this first hand.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hey Helina

Someone applied on 17 Nov and got decision on 23 Dec.
So let say it would take anywhere between 1-2 months.
Good Luck with your application

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
Helina93 said:
Hey Guys,
I submitted my application (Meng Civil Engineering) Nov 1st for Fall 2016 admission.

Any idea when a decision will be made on my application?
I read on their web page that it takes no more than 2 months.
Just wanted to inquire this from someone that has experienced this first hand.

MEng is thesis based right? (ateast for mechanical it is... it is strange in mun that they call thesis-based masters as MEng).

Well I think thesis based prog takes more time. I applied on oct 26... still no decision.

wait for any senior member to comment particularly for MEng (thesis based prog). and pl do post on this page, whenever you have your final decision.

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
I think we will get response from Memorial University after March or by the Mid of April. Let's hope we all get into Memorial. :)

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hi guys
I'm planning to apply MS cs in MUN for 2016 fall.Following is my profile

Cgpa 6.76
Gre 295
Toefl 94

Work ex 6.5

Any suggestions??

Thanx in advance

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
a_a_d said:
Hey!
I came to Memorial University of Newfoundland (MUN) in January 2012 for my Masters in Oil & Gas Engineering. This forum helped me alot and Ive been out of touch for a couple of months now due to my studies and all (people who have managed to come to Canada must have an idea about it). Anyway, I would be glad to help anyone who wants to know something about MUN.

Tc. Cheers!
Best of Luck to everyone for their Visas! :)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Hello..

I am a prospective female student from Pakistan. 4.0/4.0 CGPA in my MBA-HRM (2 years), silver medal.
Bachelor of Science (Honors) in the subject of Agricultural Economics (4years-hons) with CGPA of 3.66/4.0.
IELTS score is 6.5
Total 18 years of education

Presently, I am employed as HR Assistant from past two years in a local educational institution and I want to apply for the program of Master in Human Resource Development or any other HR related program.Kindly, advise me whether any Canadian university is offering any kind of scholarship for international students and its requirements and whether I am eligible for the scholarship? kindly advise me so that i can start for 2016

topwira

Jan 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear a_a_d,

Im planning to apply for Msc Oil & Gas by coursework at MUN for this fall 2016. However my undergraduate is Chemical Engineering (CGPA 3.81) but I do have work experience in Oil & Gas service multinational company for 4 years and still working till today. My questions are:-

1- Will I face any problems in the subjects since my background is chemical?

2- After finishing the course, there is six months internship, is it easy to get internship in NFL in oil & gas sector specially at this hard times in the industry?

3- The course is 1 year + 6 months intern, will I get PGWP for 1.5 year or only 1 year?

4- What are the chances to get employed in NFL oil & gas industry in these days?

Thank you in advance waiting for you reply.

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Any Previous or current student of MSc Computer Science Course/Industry at MUN in this forum?

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
kool.keith said:
dont know about that.
But a Fall applicant is
Do you know the Fee for the MSc Computer Science (Course Based) at memorial for the entire program?

I was thinking of asking from someone who has attended the MSc course based program as they can tell the exact amount. There are many hidden charges on the webpage which are not obvious from tuition fee webpage of the website.

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
Hey
I got the acceptance letter a week before n the fees structure mentioned there is the exact same that is mentioned on their minimum expense form..there r no hidden charges dnt worry..