+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

Naveen1224

Jan 13, 2016
Hi a_a_d,

I am planing to do MS in computers in Canada.Below is my profile,

IELTS: Over all 7( L: 8.5, R 7.5, W/S: 6)( Valid till Aug'16)
Experience: Around 6 years of Exp as a software engineer

Education:
B.Tech in Information Technology with 58.64% (18 Backlogs: Rewritten exams and passed)
12th Maths Physics chemistry 63%
10th 76%

Could you please let me know below queries:
1) Can I get admission in MUN, Canada
2) Can I get visa as i have backlogs.
3) when will be the next intake and when to start the admission process. Also, how much would it cost for MS in MUN.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen Kumar.

yinkdj

Jan 18, 2016
Hi, I am a Nigerian applicant to the chemistry department graduate studies too for the Fall 2016 semester and i completed and submitted my application in first week of November but i am yet to receive any decision on my application. could you please give me your email or contact, so that we can rub minds.

jas2015 said:
Hello every one, I admitted to the memorial for Fall-2016 at the department of chemistry for graduate program. I got full financial support from the department 18000 CAD. Do I need to show my bank statement as an addition document. If need how much balance I need to show . Please help me regarding that.

sakshamamb

May 17, 2015
Hello,
I will be applying in Memorial for M.Eng in Mechanical engineering for fall 2017 intake.My GPA is 8.3/10 {>75%) and I am also working on a research project in related field. I contacted some of the potential supervisors with similar research interests but they haven't replied back.I also wrote to associate dean of graduate studies to give me information regarding supervisors who are looking for graduate students but they only sent me standard email with description of course and links to website which I have already checked. Can you please tell me any supervisor in mechanical engineering department who is looking for graduate students or tips on finding a supervisor as I have read that it is essential to have a supervisor for admission to M.Eng course at Memorial university.

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
sakshamamb said:
Hello,
I will be applying in Memorial for M.Eng in Mechanical engineering for fall 2017 intake.My GPA is 8.3/10 {>75%) and I am also working on a research project in related field. I contacted some of the potential supervisors with similar research interests but they haven't replied back.I also wrote to associate dean of graduate studies to give me information regarding supervisors who are looking for graduate students but they only sent me standard email with description of course and links to website which I have already checked. Can you please tell me any supervisor in mechanical engineering department who is looking for graduate students or tips on finding a supervisor as I have read that it is essential to have a supervisor for admission to M.Eng course at Memorial university.
hey!

As far as mechanical is concerned, I would share what I experienced for fall16 intake, They will circulate your file to all supervisor after initial assessment of your documents. And they would assign you a supervisor/ or supervisor will make you an offer.

all the best

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Even though my application status hasn't changed, I emailed the department and was told that there arent any supervisor for me. (technically a rejection I'm assuming)
So I asked to be considered for the MESEM Program which is course based and got accepted a day later.

The tuition fee for the program is sky high compared to the MEng program... In addition to the regular fees there's an extra 16,382 to be paid around 10,000 the first semester and the rest in the second semester.

Now I'm just wondering whether this is just for the first year or both years.
Does anyone have any ideas?

snlydv

Dec 7, 2013
Helina93 said:
Even though my application status hasn't changed, I emailed the department and was told that there arent any supervisor for me. (technically a rejection I'm assuming)
So I asked to be considered for the MESEM Program which is course based and got accepted a day later.

The tuition fee for the program is sky high compared to the MEng program... In addition to the regular fees there's an extra 16,382 to be paid around 10,000 the first semester and the rest in the second semester.

Now I'm just wondering whether this is just for the first year or both years.
Does anyone have any ideas?

This 16382 shd be paid in 2 installments during first 2 semesters. Post that you will have to pay a tuition fee of 1239/semester for 6 semesters. So, technically its 23816 overall.

BTW, congrats on your admissions

Regards,
Sunil

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015

I was just a bit puzzled, because I didn't understand whether the 16,382 had to be paid again during the second year

Linzar

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
Hi Guys,

I hv applied for MSc Cs fall-16 and the application status changed to 'Decision made' two weeks back. I mailed grad dept to inquire about the decision. Got an reply saying that details about decision is sent thru postal mail which will take 4-6 weeks for delivery to international location.
Many ppl in the forum have received acceptance letter from memorial thru e-mail itself....

Does this mean REJECTION? :'(

KB3

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bengaluru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
Linzar said:
Hi Guys,

I hv applied for MSc Cs fall-16 and the application status changed to 'Decision made' two weeks back. I mailed grad dept to inquire about the decision. Got an reply saying that details about decision is sent thru postal mail which will take 4-6 weeks for delivery to international location.
Many ppl in the forum have received acceptance letter from memorial thru e-mail itself....

Does this mean REJECTION? :'(
they do send offer letter by email. I guess it might be different for the different departments. which program you applied for? and do post your decision when you receive the decision by mail/post.

And good luck!

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,
I have been accepted in safety and risk engineering, Post grad diploma at the Memorial university. My bachelor is in Electrical and electronics engineering. I want to study safety principles that are applied in engineering industries. However, there are many posts here where visa is rejected stating " proposed study is not reasonable in light to your previous study". To what extent they consider the relevance? for my case, how will VO see me going into safety engineering from electrical engineering background?

Anyone applied in the same course? can you share some experience?

Profile:
B.E: 7.1/10
Ielts: 6.5
Girl from India.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I am having similar worries as you, I did my B.Sc in Civil Engineering and got accepted into the Enviromental Systems Engineering Management program at MUN.

And I've seen plenty of cases where students got their visa rejected with even more similar courses as B.Sc and MSc than mine, with the reason being " proposed study is not reasonable in light to your previous study".
They say this is something that can be fixed with a good SOP, but im still a little worried.

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Helina93 said:
I am having similar worries as you, I did my B.Sc in Civil Engineering and got accepted into the Enviromental Systems Engineering Management program at MUN.

And I've seen plenty of cases where students got their visa rejected with even more similar courses as B.Sc and MSc than mine, with the reason being " proposed study is not reasonable in light to your previous study".
They say this is something that can be fixed with a good SOP, but im still a little worried.
Environmental systems are related with civil engineering... and so is learning safety standards before working in Engineering industry.

Let us hope VO sees this in the same way!

Please do share if you have some good tips for making SOP for VO for such case!

Good luck!

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
I received this email from MUN:

"A decision has been made and you should hear something in the very near future."

Now when and how would I be able to view my decision?

P.S: I applied for MS CS (Course) fall 2016.

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
a_a_d said:
It is possible to get Jobs. Ive seen part time job advertisements at almost every other store etc etc. But you cannot work off-campus for the first 6 months. You can work on-campus from Day - 1.

Im currently doing M.Eng (Research Based) - Oil & Gas Engineering on a Research Scholarship.
Why can't we work off-campus for first 6 months?