+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Memorial University of Newfoundland

yanjaa

Oct 1, 2015
gfn said:
Dear All

PLS URGENT ATTENTION IS NEEDED.....

I am planning to apply at Memorial University for a MBA, but i've been seducted by its low tuition fee, but also have a lot of doubts, and i will like to ask you all your expereince in this University.

I know ALL Canadian Universities provide high quality educaction and a very global level, but in labour market, a graduate student from this University gets job offers as fast as others from other universities like University of Toronto, etc

After I graduate, is there any chance to get job at Newfoundland or should i consider relocating?

My spouse and my 2 kids will be coming with me, will my wife be able to find job while I am studying? Also can I find job due to the new changes in study permits off campus?

Are MBA in demand right now in Canada?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
Hey, thank you for such good questions. Anyone please reply to these questions as I am also interested in applying to its MBA Program, MUN.

Reactions: parag.mesbah

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
I have applied for MASc Oil and Gas Engineering at the Memorial University. I've completed 4 year bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering

GPA overall 2.82/4
GPA last two years 3.23/4
IELTS 7
no work experience

Do I have any chance of getting into this program?

nadeem09

Dec 2, 2015
Hello,

I want to know the exact yearly fee(tuition+other required fee+ health insurance+bookes) for undergraduate in bachelor business administration.

and how is opportunity to get off campus job?

what would be the payment rate hourly?

Beckyem

Aug 16, 2015
@ Nadeem The tuition for a BBA is C$4400 per semester,the information you need is clearly stated on the school website,visit the undergraduate session and you will get all you need with no stress. Are you planning to apply for the Fall 2016?

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
Hello every one, I admitted to the memorial for Fall-2016 at the department of chemistry for graduate program. I got full financial support from the department 18000 CAD. Do I need to show my bank statement as an addition document. If need how much balance I need to show . Please help me regarding that.

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hi Jas

How did you get the full scholarship?
I'm also looking for scholarship do I need to submit anything or they just provide it on their own?

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hey I dont need to fill up any prerequisite course for Masters in Computer Science right? in the below part of application

Prerequisite Information (Checklist item 7 of 13)

For certain programs, it will be necessary for applicants to have achieved a minimum grade in prerequisite courses to be deemed admissible (please refer to the University Calendar for details). If prerequisites are required for your program of interest, please complete the following section. Enter N/A in the section if it does not apply to you.
Note: Applicants for the Master of Employment Relations (MER) program must provide the following details concerning the three required prerequisite courses in this section. Applications failing to provide information including course name/number, institution, and grade received will be considered incomplete. If the course name does not clearly state the specific subject matter (e.g., Economics vs. Micro-economics), please attach a course description from the relevant institution.

First prerequisite: Please include the following information: Course name, name of institution, semester and year taken, and grade received
(e.g., Biochemistry 4400, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Fall 2010, 85%)

N/A

Second prerequisite: Please include the following information: Course name, name of institution, semester and year taken, and grade received

N/A

Third prerequisite: Please include the following information: Course name, name of institution, semester and year taken, and grade received

N/A

Fourth prerequisite: Please include the following information: Course name, name of institution, semester and year taken, and grade received

N/A

Fifth prerequisite: Please include the following information: Course name, name of institution, semester and year taken, and grade received

N/A

Checklist Continue Finish Later

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Hey guys

I feel my chances for getting into Memorial are pretty slim since I have 62% in my undergrad from India and they look for 69% +
My TOEFL is 79 though I had my undergraduate from English medium university.

Should I apply for Research based program or the course-based/professional program or is there any possiblity that they can offer me course based program if I apply for Research based and they don't find my profile suitable for that.

Thanks !

re3dv

Star Member
Sep 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2016
IELTS Request
25-02-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Request
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Interview........
22-03-2016
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2016
LANDED..........
Soon InshAllah
@kool.keith u shd apply to course based program..research based program is impossible to get in to if gpa is low
u can try ur luck in MUN as its gpa requirement is already quite low as compared to course based programs in other universities
I dont think MUN automatically considers an application for course based if u dont qualify for research based.
I have only heard concordia do this
So u shd only apply to course based in MUN

jas2015

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 Aug, 2016
Doc's Request.
sent, 02 oct,2016
Nomination.....
04 oct, 2016
kool.keith said:
Hi Jas

How did you get the full scholarship?
I'm also looking for scholarship do I need to submit anything or they just provide it on their own?
Hi
Kool.keith.

I think for research student it is very easy. First you have to manage your prospective supervise and for that you have to write them according to your filed. If prof. field of study and your experiences match then it is not very tough and rest will done prof, Prof. pick up my supervise his filed and my experience matches and agreed to take me and he recommend for my full time admission. The full time student get full financial support.I hope it will work

Best of luck for you search.

jas

apurva31

Dec 6, 2015
I would like to apply for M. Ed - Educational Leadership Studies (Full Time course) in Memorial University

My credentials are mentioned below:

BED- 2010- Education- 75%
B. Com- 2009- Commerce-58%
XII- 2006- Commerce- 69.40%
X- 2004- English- 77.4%

IELTS- 7

Presently, i am working as Primary School Teacher from last 5 years in India. During this period i attended several program/ workshops conducted by British Council and also attended an educational trip to NASA.

I got less % in my Grad still there is any chance to get admission in MUN..?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys!!

Let me know if you have any questions related to MUN. I havent been able to follow the thread recently so I am really not up to date with whats happening here! :D

Cheers!

kool.keith

Oct 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NY
Thank you very much Jas , re3dv

Hey Hatice my undergrad percentage is 62 and I'm going for Msc in CS.

Hassan1991

Nov 19, 2015
a_a_d, Hi there
I've 2.82/4 GPA overall
And 3.23/4 GPA in final two years. I've applied fro MASc oil and gas engineering. I hold a bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering from Pakistan.
Do I have a chance to get into the program?
IELTS score 7band