Memorial University of Newfoundland

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
Hey Guys and Girls
I am Aakash From India
My Education is

X-(March-2007)69.54% Full Time study
I.T.I (Industrial Training Institute-refrigeration Air Conditioning Mechanic )(August-2008 to July-2010) Full Time--74%
XII-(March-2010)(External Student ) -59.71%
Graduation (B.C.A) April -2013 full time study

I have 2 years of experience in I.T filed.
My question is it compulsory to give IELTS if my Graduation is in English medium if I will provide Letter from university stating that my graduation is in English language.and if it is valid is it compulsory to take ESL (English language Course)??

Is IELTS Is compulsory To get Admission Or visa???

geomosen

Feb 25, 2015
hi everyone, i am really interested to get admission in memorial university. But cant understand the way of their admission process. is it necessary to contact a supervisor for getting admission? what if you dont get any response from supervisor by your email? then still can apply online??

checkyink

Mar 29, 2015
Hi mate, any word from MUN as to MA in environmental policy. I also applied there. Its saying "decision made" but I have not received an email yet.

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
checkyink said:
Hi mate, any word from MUN as to MA in environmental policy. I also applied there. Its saying "decision made" but I have not received an email yet.
Mine is still saying "Application Complete". I called them to get a timeline and they are saying I will get the response by mail(as in the post) 1 - 2 months after the deadline. No specific information was divulged

checkyink

Mar 29, 2015
Would they send decisions through emails too. I av heard friends that got scanned offer letters through email. My portal is saying decision made. Mailed my POI, he told me he has no information on the decision made, yet he's the graduate coordinator.

Jhenall

Jan 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told by the graduate studies office that the medium for communication of application status will be through post (mail). Never by email nor over the phone she said

checkyink

Mar 29, 2015
I have replied your PM, mate. A decision has not been made on your appl yet tho. Once your tab changes to "decision made". Then you can expect a decision by post.

Rathesh

Oct 25, 2014
Hello

I got admitted into MASc Oil and Gas in MUN. I would like to et in touch with other students who got admitted for fall2015. Is there any one who got admitted?

Regards

Rathesh

WyoCO

Apr 8, 2015
Rathesh said:
Hello

I got admitted into MASc Oil and Gas in MUN. I would like to et in touch with other students who got admitted for fall2015. Is there any one who got admitted?

Regards

Rathesh
Hi, I'm really late to this but just saw this. I am an international student in the US studying in Bachelors O&G engineering and am almost done with it. I will be applying for admission into Fall 2016 for masters.
How do you think are the job prospectus upon graduation in NL? I would be really glad if you could help me with this, oh, and how difficult was it to get in? I have a 3.4/4.0 GPA in Undergraduate

Thanks

Rathesh

Oct 25, 2014
WyoCO said:
Hi, I'm really late to this but just saw this. I am an international student in the US studying in Bachelors O&G engineering and am almost done with it. I will be applying for admission into Fall 2016 for masters.
How do you think are the job prospectus upon graduation in NL? I would be really glad if you could help me with this, oh, and how difficult was it to get in? I have a 3.4/4.0 GPA in Undergraduate

Thanks
I think you will get an admission offe easily!

I am not sure about the job opportunities..... I am trying to find out, but not able to get the exact picture of job prospects after pursuing Masters from MUN.

What about the job scenario in US. US should be having more jobs than canada I guess.

Regards

Rathesh

Pizzy

Apr 9, 2015
Hello guys, I would appreciate if anyone
knows the total tuition fee for Masters of Art
In Economics Program at MUN. I got a
funding of $5000, but I can seems to
understand d actual total fee per year
for the programme. Munites over to u
pls.
R

Pizzy

Apr 9, 2015
Hello guys, I would appreciate if anyone
knows the total tuition fee for Masters of Art
In Economics Program at MUN. I got a
funding of $5000, but I can seems to
understand d actual total fee per year
for the programme. .
Need a swift response pls.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!
Im sorry I havent been able to follow up the thread. If you have any queries let me know. If I dont check the forum I regularly check my email. ali.a.dawood@hotmail.com

Best of Luck!

WyoCO

Apr 8, 2015
Rathesh said:
I think you will get an admission offe easily!

I am not sure about the job opportunities..... I am trying to find out, but not able to get the exact picture of job prospects after pursuing Masters from MUN.

What about the job scenario in US. US should be having more jobs than canada I guess.

Regards

Rathesh
Hi Rathesh, thanks for the reply. Job prospectus over here are not good. All I have been hearing is about our alumni being laid off due to oil price slump.
Second, citizenship status matters a lot over here. Companies are just not ready to hire an international student, so that almost automatically nulls an international student's chance of getting a job over here