+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
That may be the reason for suspicion. How long after your test did they change to DM? If it is within a few days then they might have just reviewed it further and made a decision. It should be positive.
I did test on Nov 25, last Saturday. I don't know... Hopefully it's good news.
By the way, should there be any details when it's changed to "decision made"?

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
and Passport sent June 28, 2012
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP back with visa on Aug 31, 2012!
LANDED..........
Oct 7, 2012 :)
How was your test and interview? Were there MCQs and True/False as well?

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
They don't provide any details on DM. How much did you travel to the US during the four years? Did you use your L status for all those travels?

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
They don't provide any details on DM. How much did you travel to the US during the four years? Did you use your L status for all those travels?
I don't travel much. In total it's about 40 days.
The only time I used L visa was beginning of this year for about half a month.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are traveling for more than 2 weeks I think you should call the CIC and let them know
Yes inform them. Best thing is to call them..If you can't get hold of any one on the phone then use web form..
I called them and informed about my vacation. They took the note and also informed me that my file has been moved to Scarborough on Nov 22nd.

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes.
It's not difficult to pass the test since most of them are from the book. But I met one that's not from the book. However, it's easy to get the correct answer.
Thank you for your quick response.

Did you study only on this book 'Discover Canada' which IRCC told you? Or practice online quiz test as well?

Did you memory those years and people's names very well? Mine is most difficult to memorize for years and people's names, mostly information about Canada History chapter. Because they are not common sense. :oops:

While the interview process, did they ask you some questions again about Canada history like the book 'Discover Canada'?

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
Did you study only on this book 'Discover Canada' which IRCC told you? Or practice online quiz test as well?

----- Yes. Yes.

Did you memory those years and people's names very well? Mine is most difficult to memorize for years and people's names, mostly information about Canada History chapter. Because they are not common sense. :oops:

----- I only remember some important years and names. It's not necessary to remember all of them.

While the interview process, did they ask you some questions again about Canada history like the book 'Discover Canada'?

------ No.

Canadian555

Aug 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
File Transfer...
April 1st, 2011 [W]
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
June 8, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

----- Yes. Yes.

----- I only remember some important years and names. It's not necessary to remember all of them.

------ No.
Thank you for letting me know. :)

Could you please tell me the website URL link for online test? :)

Umair

Jul 28, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2009
Doc's Request.
06-08-2009
AOR Received.
23-12-2009 ( 2nd )
Med's Request
21 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
25 Feb 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2012
LANDED..........
30 DEC 2012 EDMONTON Via Montreal YAHOO
I applied for a day off from office and I gave reason our Oath Cermony on that day, I thought 90% of our staff are Canadian born or even their parents are grand parents are canadain born so they will not bother or value citizenship, but to my surprise my Boss and manager were so happy to hear the news and asked me they will attend our cermony and also next day they announced a lunch for all department staff ( 15 staff) for Celeberation of My Citizenship. Amazing!!! I remember last year one Lady who used to work in our office become citizen, her office was decorated with Canadian Flag and gifts.

I learned that celebertae citizenship openly, please whenever you become citizen celeberate the big day with family, friends and colleagues!!!!!!!!!

catharines

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I passed the test 19/20. But Officer didnt like couple of things on my passport. Specially H1b Stamping mismatch and couple of dates she wants me to exaplain. Overall, officer was not happy and told me that we will investigate further. I asked how much time , it will take, she told me it can take up to 1 year. It was not a good interview for me. I was in usa since 2004 to 2013. I hope that they dont take 1 year to response for auth.
Sorry to hear that nash_avatar. Hopefully it does not take too long for you to get oath invite.

qagi

Sep 27, 2017
I called them and informed about my vacation. They took the note and also informed me that my file has been moved to Scarborough on Nov 22nd.
Can you plz tell m
Can you plz share the number you have talked to them I️ have been calling on this number 18882422100 But no success
Can some one plz add me in spreadsheet application sent 1st May acknowledgment 1st June IN Process 6th June. I live in East York.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you plz tell m

Can you plz share the number you have talked to them I️ have been calling on this number 18882422100 But no success
Can some one plz add me in spreadsheet application sent 1st May acknowledgment 1st June IN Process 6th June. I live in East York.
You’re dialing the correct number, however it’s tough to get them. Most of the time actually all day it says “high call volume” . So I called right at 8 AM when office just starts. Still I had to wait 16 minutes but it was better than that. Good luck!