+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY 2017 Citizenship Applicants

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
I have tickets. But I didnt have it at that time.
If i crossed border by car, it will an issue.
That's true..
I have a friend who had multiple visits to the US but he always flew there and back and he showed the tickets to them on his phone at the interview when he was being asked about it. Later I believe he even printed those tickets and went and gave it to them.. I guess he asked them if he could do that before dropping them off..

Anyway.. I hope it works out for you.. :)

serotonin

May 27, 2017
Exactly. She was not convience that i stayed in canada for long enough. :)
Because of my H1 visa and my frequent visit to USA, she might had a small question mark in her mind. I hold B1/B2 visa for my visit.
I try to exaplain the scenario but it hadnt went well with her, so i stopped my arguments.
Here is things I was trying to tell her
(1) I surrended my H1b when I came here on PR. There are no documents USA authority will give on surrendering the H1B on border. They took my original I94.
(2) I was not illegal in USA because it is hard to be illegal on H1B.
(3) You can have only one Visa at a time, if i have B1/B2 visa then how can I have H1B visa ?

She responded rudely that It was her duty to verify everything and if you stayed enough in Canada.
Check the I94 DHS website if your last few entries were captured against B1/B2 or H1 and may be use that as your supporting document. I had H1 visa but once I got by B1/B2 the US border agent crossed out the H1 with "CWOP" markings (Cancelled without prejudice).

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
This is for people who are soon going to Missisauga office for the test to help them what to expect.

3085 Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3

1) My test was 745am and I reached there around 7am but doors only opened at 715am . So dont go there before 715am or you will have to wait outside

2) Take the email or invitation letter with you. Wait in waiting area then they will check PR card and invitation and check you in , in the test room

3) They will give you a card and pencil. On card you have to fill your name and file no etc This is like IELTS application form to be filled or TOEFL application form. where you fill up the whole circles corresponding to letters A, B, C or numbers 1,2,3

4) On the same card you have to fill answers to the test questions also. Then they provide booklet to answer questions. Time given is 30 minutes

5) you can leave as early as you want after finishing test. Hand them back pencil, your card,booklet and first page of your invitation letter.

6) Wait outside to be called for interview. They call in sequence you finish the test, thats what one officer told us

7) In interview they check your COPR, PR CARD, IDS submitted (driving license or health card). Imprtant part is checking stamps on passport corresponding to residence calculator. Can ask you questions regarding your job or any concerns. Will tell you when to expect oath..

Thats it done..In my case interview lasted may be 10 minutes. They dont have much time for interview because other people waiting outside..

To be honest test was so easy I guess some one can pass without any preparation. Just common sense prevails. I got 20/20.

Good luck to all!!1

Congrats!!!!

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is for people who are soon going to Missisauga office for the test to help them what to expect.

3085 Glen Erin Dr, Mississauga, ON L5L 1J3

1) My test was 745am and I reached there around 7am but doors only opened at 715am . So dont go there before 715am or you will have to wait outside

2) Take the email or invitation letter with you. Wait in waiting area then they will check PR card and invitation and check you in , in the test room

3) They will give you a card and pencil. On card you have to fill your name and file no etc This is like IELTS application form to be filled or TOEFL application form. where you fill up the whole circles corresponding to letters A, B, C or numbers 1,2,3

4) On the same card you have to fill answers to the test questions also. Then they provide booklet to answer questions. Time given is 30 minutes

5) you can leave as early as you want after finishing test. Hand them back pencil, your card,booklet and first page of your invitation letter.

6) Wait outside to be called for interview. They call in sequence you finish the test, thats what one officer told us

7) In interview they check your COPR, PR CARD, IDS submitted (driving license or health card). Imprtant part is checking stamps on passport corresponding to residence calculator. Can ask you questions regarding your job or any concerns. Will tell you when to expect oath..

Thats it done..In my case interview lasted may be 10 minutes. They dont have much time for interview because other people waiting outside..

To be honest test was so easy I guess some one can pass without any preparation. Just common sense prevails. I got 20/20.

Good luck to all!!1
Congrats!! I"m still waiting for their invitation. I don't know what happened. Now I'll be going out of country in January. How do I inform IRCC or do I need to inform them? Very confused.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Congrats!! I"m still waiting for their invitation. I don't know what happened. Now I'll be going out of country in January. How do I inform IRCC or do I need to inform them? Very confused.

Yes inform them. Best thing is to call them..If you can't get hold of any one on the phone then use web form..

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
Interview was not white lady nor asian due. I have varified entry for every passport stamp. It seems like she was confuse with USA visa status. Now they will call US authority and ask for exaplanation which can take usually long time according to her. Well it was just my bad luck after all. Let's see what happen until Chrismas. I will keep calling once a month after Christmas.
I got the same situation here.
Maybe we have the same lady interviewed.
I had a L spouse visa which provided me work permit in US. The lady doubted my residency during this time and told me she needed investigation. I said I was in Canada and my baby was born during this time. I could also provide evidence. However, she would not listen and she said she knows where to find the evidence. I guess they will call US authority.
Hope it does not take too long.

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
Check the I94 DHS website if your last few entries were captured against B1/B2 or H1 and may be use that as your supporting document. I had H1 visa but once I got by B1/B2 the US border agent crossed out the H1 with "CWOP" markings (Cancelled without prejudice).
It does not help. When you were trapped in this suituation, they would not listen to your explanaiton or proof. I had everything but they would not want to take a look.

Judy.yjd

Feb 5, 2013
I checked my online status and it has become decision made. However there is no details update. And I was told there will be an investigation after which the decision will be made.
Just curious about your "decision made" status, Are there details like you have met all the requirement... ?
Will you also receive mails for this "decision made" ?

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
It does not help. When you were trapped in this suituation, they would not listen to your explanaiton or proof. I had everything but they would not want to take a look.
Yes they don't like to listen if they feel they need to do a check with the US authorities. Did you have the L visa that was valid, while you were in Canada?

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please update sheet.
Oath letter by email date Nov 27
Oath date Dec 12 Hamilton office

Reactions: hime

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Yes, I have a valid L visa for a year. After its expiration, I renewed it.
That may be the reason for suspicion. How long after your test did they change to DM? If it is within a few days then they might have just reviewed it further and made a decision. It should be positive.

apind

Jul 29, 2012
Just received email for Oath on Dec 19th. Please update the xls. DM is on Nov 15th, Oath received on Nov 28th , Oath on Dec 19th

Reactions: hime