CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Hi All

I am log in to this forum after long gap 8) after C 6 Bill i might need to apply soon for Citizenship
Here are my Q:
1- I gave ILETS 4 years back ( sept 2013) , so do I need to give again ILETS for Citizenship ? (From CIC website looks like i do not need as Expired ILETS score also works) please confirm.
2- My spouse never appeared for ILETS test as I was primary applicant during PR time, CIC website says
" Step 1: Have you completed a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?
If yes, send a copy of your diploma, certificate or transcript that shows you completed the program
"

so Is it OK I just submit Copy of her Graduation degree along with application and it will be considered ?
3- One last Q if answer to point 2 is yes then do she need to make transcript from her University or simple Copy submission will work ?

Thanks all in advance members

Thanks

cancalling

Aug 21, 2013
Toronto,Canada
Friends, I have one question regarding the Citizenship eligibility. If this is not the right place and if you know the correct thread then please guide me.If i am not wrong once this bill(C-6) is passed then the minimum 4 years requirement will be cut down to 3 years. So when we count the one year from when it will start?. i.e. from the day we landed till the next year same date or only from January to December.

Just to make my questing easy to understand ,lets put it this way. If I landed on 15th of July 2015 then the 1 year count will be from 15th July 2015 to 14th July 2016 OR total number of days you spend in Canada from 1st January 2015 till 31st Dec 2015 ?

If it is the second condition then my physical presence is only 165 days till 31st December 2015 and has to start all over from 1st January 2016.In this case anyone coming to Canada on or after 1st July of the year is basically loosing one year and there is no point in coming in hurry if they are planning to land after 1st July of the year.

Hope someone can shed some light on this thought.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC_1304 said:
Hi All

I am log in to this forum after long gap 8) after C 6 Bill i might need to apply soon for Citizenship
Here are my Q:
1- I gave ILETS 4 years back ( sept 2013) , so do I need to give again ILETS for Citizenship ? (From CIC website looks like i do not need as Expired ILETS score also works) please confirm.
2- My spouse never appeared for ILETS test as I was primary applicant during PR time, CIC website says
" Step 1: Have you completed a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?
If yes, send a copy of your diploma, certificate or transcript that shows you completed the program
"

so Is it OK I just submit Copy of her Graduation degree along with application and it will be considered ?
3- One last Q if answer to point 2 is yes then do she need to make transcript from her University or simple Copy submission will work ?

Thanks all in advance members

Thanks
Answer

1:- Expired IELTS will work. Check this link out -

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/expired-language-test-results-for-citizenship-application-t190719.0.html

2:- Your wife's degree or diploma or certificate will work
3:- She needs to send the photocopy of her original transcript which she should obtain from the University

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cancalling said:
Friends, I have one question regarding the Citizenship eligibility. If this is not the right place and if you know the correct thread then please guide me.If i am not wrong once this bill(C-6) is passed then the minimum 4 years requirement will be cut down to 3 years. So when we count the one year from when it will start?. i.e. from the day we landed till the next year same date or only from January to December.

Just to make my questing easy to understand ,lets put it this way. If I landed on 15th of July 2015 then the 1 year count will be from 15th July 2015 to 14th July 2016 OR total number of days you spend in Canada from 1st January 2015 till 31st Dec 2015 ?

If it is the second condition then my physical presence is only 165 days till 31st December 2015 and has to start all over from 1st January 2016.In this case anyone coming to Canada on or after 1st July of the year is basically loosing one year and there is no point in coming in hurry if they are planning to land after 1st July of the year.

Hope someone can shed some light on this thought.
You should calculate from the day you landed. If it's 3 years then 3x365 = 1095 days. You have to live a total of 1095 days within 5 years. Your 1 years or 365 days will be counted from 15th July 2015 to 14th July 2016. So if you landed on 15th July 2015 then as per 3 years guideline you will be eligible to apply for your citizenship 14th July 2019. I hope this helps.

mqadri

Star Member
Mar 9, 2009
Classical_beat said:
Answer

2:- Your wife's degree or diploma or certificate will work
3:- She needs to send the photocopy of her original transcript which she should obtain from the University
It will be fine if it is clearly mentioned in degree that medium of instruction was English or you have some supporting document to prove the medium of instruction.
Otherwise it will be risky and depend upon the officer. For peace of mind I advise to go for CELPIP LS test. It is very easy, just use their practise test and you will get the required marks.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mqadri said:
It will be fine if it is clearly mentioned in degree that medium of instruction was English or you have some supporting document to prove the medium of instruction.
Otherwise it will be risky and depend upon the officer. For peace of mind I advise to go for CELPIP LS test. It is very easy, just use their practise test and you will get the required marks.
If education has done in Canada then the degree or diploma or certificate is sufficed.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Sent in the application yesterday. Surprised to see some applications going to oath in a matter of 2 months. Thats freaking fast!

Last edited:

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sent in the application yesterday. Surprised to see some applications going to oath in a matter of 2 months. Thats freaking fast!
That's true but the higher percentage take longer than that. I believe most of the people process time from sending application to Oath day is between 4-7 months.

sajc

Star Member
May 9, 2017
yeh!.. well when i applied for my citizenship in 2011. it took me 14months..to get it. so if my wife gets it in 7 months.. that is fast too ;)
That's true but the higher percentage take longer than that. I believe most of the people process time from sending application to Oath day is between 4-7 months.
!

Chuladaa

May 31, 2012
Toronto
App. Filed.......
March 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 20, 2012, July 27, 2012, Dec 07, 2012
AOR Received.
July 03, 2012
File Transfer...
July 03, 2012
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
March 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
April 15, 2013
Hi all! Another May applicant here :) my husband sent in his citizen application today!

swapno

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Hi, I will be due to apply for citizenship with in couple of months. I travelled to my home country and USA in last five years. USA doesn't stamp on the passport. How do I get all of my and my family's travel history to calculate the residence time in Canada. I think this info is also required to fill out the form (in & out time).

seniors/experienced people-would you please help on this? Is there a way to find out all the travels in last 5 years?

Thank you.

tameraq

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application sent May 10th from Oakville, ON.

All May applicants are waiting for first sign from Processing centre. AOR email which indicates that your application is not missing any document and is on its way to be processed.

nonoo

Jan 23, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06th Dec 2011
AOR Received.
28th Feb 2012
Med's Request
18th Sept 2012
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2012 Displayed on Ecas 17th Nov 2012
Interview........
DM 18th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
15th March 2013
Hi All,
I will be filing my application tomorrow, however, I am a bit skeptical about couple of questions.
1. Am I suppose to write N/A into the column where I am not providing any information. e.g. current name if different from above or list nicknames etc? or I just leave them blank?
2. Since I am not applying for my 5 year old citizenship because he is Canadian, do I still need to provide his school record or just provide the details of his school in the application form?
3. Since I don't have my drivers license, what two pieces of ID should I provide? I am sending my health card and passport copies would that be suffice ?

Thanks

Last edited: