+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP Regional Immigration Points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
why do you think you will be banned?
In my opinion you did not misrepresent anything here: your sister lives in Winnipeg so you got 200 points under "Close relative in Manitoba" (not in Winnipeg specifically), then another 50 point is given in case if you are willing to settle in regions (Morden in your case)
So just continue your application, I would not decline it.
Good luck to you with your application,
How can they claim the 50 points? The rules are clear it states you need family in the town AND be willing to settle there. Family lives in Winnipeg.

Reactions: Almubby1 and Wotsit

stajinder455

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
How can they claim the 50 points? The rules are clear it states you need family in the town AND be willing to settle there. Family lives in Winnipeg.
Hi
I received LAA and I submitted Mpnp-SW (non express entry ) file under TEER3. But in ielts I have 4.5 overall and 4 in listening & writing, 4.5 in reading & 5 in speaking. Total score were 661. Is ielts band score will be an issue for mpnp approval??
If someone know about this please reply
Thanks!!

Aug 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1/15
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 7/15
File Transfer...
SA - July 28/15; File Transfer - Aug 6/15 - INPROCESS
Med's Done....
June 28/15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR -March 8/16; Passport arrived @ VO- March 14/16
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas- DM on Mar 21/15; Email to pick up PP- Mar 23/16
Hi All,

I've received a Letter of Advice to Apply from Manitoba as I've a connection to the province which is my sister. My sister lives in Winnipeg. In my Expression of Interest, I've claimed 200 points for the Manitoba connection as my sister is a permanent resident and resides in the capital of Winnipeg. However, Manitoba gives 50 additional regional immigration points if your destination in Manitoba is outside of the capital of Winnipeg. I chose my intended destination in Manitoba as Morden to claim additional 50 points, my sister is willing to help me in the settlement plan.

My question is, am I eligible for the 50 points for regional immigration as my intended destination in Manitoba is Morden, although my sister lives in Winnipeg ?

I got the LAA in the recent draw #177. Cut off was 616 and my score was 619. Kindly suggest if we can proceed with a full application, based on the details I provided. I would really appreciate your response.
Hey guru, did you figure this out. I am also in the same exact dilemma as you. I wished this was noted in the application because all the question asked was "what is your destination in Manitoba. It did not make any references that it has to be the same City as the supporter. I feel that if they are requesting for POF for each applicant, it is reasonable that the applicant may not want to stay in the same city as the supporter. It is so confusing.

Have you submitted your application? Or did you end up declining?

Reactions: Gugu1996

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
Hi,
why do you think you will be banned?
In my opinion you did not misrepresent anything here: your sister lives in Winnipeg so you got 200 points under "Close relative in Manitoba" (not in Winnipeg specifically), then another 50 point is given in case if you are willing to settle in regions (Morden in your case)
So just continue your application, I would not decline it.
Good luck to you with your application,
Thank you for your reply sir

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
Hey guru, did you figure this out. I am also in the same exact dilemma as you. I wished this was noted in the application because all the question asked was "what is your destination in Manitoba. It did not make any references that it has to be the same City as the supporter. I feel that if they are requesting for POF for each applicant, it is reasonable that the applicant may not want to stay in the same city as the supporter. It is so confusing.

Have you submitted your application? Or did you end up declining?
Hi, Yes I'm in the process of submitting my full application. You should also proceed. We're not misrepresenting anything here

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi, Yes I'm in the process of submitting my full application. You should also proceed. We're not misrepresenting anything here
Your application may be refused as it is clearly stated on the manuals that your connection/support MUST live in the same place you are applying to live, in your case if you are applying to Morden, your support must live there AND the immigration officers will check snd have means to know where the support is living.

Dont try to mislead the officers, they will dig everything about your life and they will find it, especially those applying to rural programs

Reactions: Wotsit and Naturgrl

Rathod Dilip

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All,

I've received a Letter of Advice to Apply from Manitoba as I've a connection to the province which is my sister. My sister lives in Winnipeg. In my Expression of Interest, I've claimed 200 points for the Manitoba connection as my sister is a permanent resident and resides in the capital of Winnipeg. However, Manitoba gives 50 additional regional immigration points if your destination in Manitoba is outside of the capital of Winnipeg. I chose my intended destination in Manitoba as Morden to claim additional 50 points, my sister is willing to help me in the settlement plan.

My question is, am I eligible for the 50 points for regional immigration as my intended destination in Manitoba is Morden, although my sister lives in Winnipeg ?

I got the LAA in the recent draw #177. Cut off was 616 and my score was 619. Kindly suggest if we can proceed with a full application, based on the details I provided. I would really appreciate your response.
Decline immediately and reduce regional points and be in pool again. No other option left for you.

Reactions: Alalac

serenato

Jun 4, 2023
Hi All,

Hi, did you proceed with a full application? I am in the same shoes here, have the same question and I don't know whether I should accept LLA or not. Please kindly help me T.T

rohit39

Jan 31, 2024
Typically, for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) Skilled Worker stream, you need a full-time, permanent job offer from a Manitoba employer. Whether you can switch jobs before applying depends on MPNP's specific requirements and policies. It's advisable to consult with an immigration professional for personalized advice.