+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP Regional Immigration Points

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
Hi All,

I've received a Letter of Advice to Apply from Manitoba as I've a connection to the province which is my sister. My sister lives in Winnipeg. In my Expression of Interest, I've claimed 200 points for the Manitoba connection as my sister is a permanent resident and resides in the capital of Winnipeg. However, Manitoba gives 50 additional regional immigration points if your destination in Manitoba is outside of the capital of Winnipeg. I chose my intended destination in Manitoba as Morden to claim additional 50 points, my sister is willing to help me in the settlement plan.

My question is, am I eligible for the 50 points for regional immigration as my intended destination in Manitoba is Morden, although my sister lives in Winnipeg ?

I got the LAA in the recent draw #177. Cut off was 616 and my score was 619. Kindly suggest if we can proceed with a full application, based on the details I provided. I would really appreciate your response.

Reactions: rufusruffy

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All,

I've received a Letter of Advice to Apply from Manitoba as I've a connection to the province which is my sister. My sister lives in Winnipeg. In my Expression of Interest, I've claimed 200 points for the Manitoba connection as my sister is a permanent resident and resides in the capital of Winnipeg. However, Manitoba gives 50 additional regional immigration points if your destination in Manitoba is outside of the capital of Winnipeg. I chose my intended destination in Manitoba as Morden to claim additional 50 points, my sister is willing to help me in the settlement plan.

My question is, am I eligible for the 50 points for regional immigration as my intended destination in Manitoba is Morden, although my sister lives in Winnipeg ?

I got the LAA in the recent draw #177. Cut off was 616 and my score was 619. Kindly suggest if we can proceed with a full application, based on the details I provided. I would really appreciate your response.
Clearly stated on page 7 under adaptability.

https://immigratemanitoba.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/mpnp-policy-guidelines-public.pdf

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This means I should decline this LAA ?
Your choice if you want to continue but you do not meet the criteria.

• The applicant has clearly demonstrated that they have an established connection to their destination outside of Winnipeg through existing family or social ties; and
  • Have clearly and comprehensively outlined their plans for establishing their work and social life in the respective region of Manitoba.

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
Your choice if you want to continue but you do not meet the criteria.

• The applicant has clearly demonstrated that they have an established connection to their destination outside of Winnipeg through existing family or social ties; and
  • Have clearly and comprehensively outlined their plans for establishing their work and social life in the respective region of Manitoba.
Thanks for the confirmation. But in case if my file is rejected, what will be the consequences ? Will they put ban on me ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the confirmation. But in case if my file is rejected, what will be the consequences ? Will they put ban on me ?
Possibly because you tried to claim 50 points and family members do not live in Morden. That could be considered misrepresentation.

Reactions: Gugu1996

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
But you don’t meet the criteria so that would be misrepresentation. If they gave the 50 points so easily, everyone would say that they would move to rural communities. Then move there, stay for a month, and move to Winnipeg.
But if we are able to demonstrate that we will be able to successfully establish in Morden as it is a small town and not very expensive. We might want to live there considering the low rent and if it comes to adaptability, it's just 1.5 hours drive from Winnipeg. One can work in Winnipeg and can live in Mordon easily. My sister can support me the same way she can support me being in Winnipeg. The settlement plan would remain the same. Wouldn't this be sufficient for the Visa officer to make a decision. Also in the long term one can think of buying own house as the property prices are affordable.

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
But you don’t meet the criteria so that would be misrepresentation. If they gave the 50 points so easily, everyone would say that they would move to rural communities. Then move there, stay for a month, and move to Winnipeg.
I'm not concealing anything or producing any fake document, I don't believe they should trap me in misrepresentation. I'll just try to convince the VISA officer, but if they would want to go by the Rule book, then things will go out of hands.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
Hi All,

How much is your overall CRS after 200 Points ? Manitoba is not an easy place Winnipeg and Brandon are the two cities with population. Winnipeg is the only city with population.

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
How much is your overall CRS after 200 Points ? Manitoba is not an easy place Winnipeg and Brandon are the two cities with population. Winnipeg is the only city with population.
After 200 points it is 569 and if I add regional immigration points to live outside of Winnipeg that becomes 619.