+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manitoba PNP Regional Immigration Points

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
I'm very confused at this stage, MPNP policy says I don't have a relative in Morden City. On the other hand, Morden's own immigration page says you shouldn't have a relative in Canada, that makes eligible for Morden. Please help. I've 55 Days remaining to submit full application to MPNP.

I've also sent email to MPNP immigration office seeking for an advice, they have not reverted yet.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm very confused at this stage, MPNP policy says I don't have a relative in Morden City. On the other hand, Morden's own immigration page says you shouldn't have a relative in Canada, that makes eligible for Morden. Please help. I've 55 Days remaining to submit full application to MPNP.

I've also sent email to MPNP immigration office seeking for an advice, they have not reverted yet.
Morden has a nomination program. Were you nominated by Morden for their specific NOCs in demand?

https://www.mordenimmigration.com/

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No I've been invited by MPNP only. My intended destination is Morden because of the beauty and affordability of this city. Please suggest best course of action for me.
You don’t meet the criteria of the 50 points if not nominated by Morden. How long have you spent in Morden?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
None, I've never been to Canada.
So how do you know about its beauty with a population of under 10,000 people and affordability? Just asking because there would be few job opportunities. Again you don’t meet the criteria but go ahead if you want and maybe you will be approved.

Gugu1996

Dec 19, 2022
So how do you know about its beauty with a population of under 10,000 people and affordability? Just asking because there would be few job opportunities. Again you don’t meet the criteria but go ahead if you want and maybe you will be approved.
But if there is any chance of Ban, then I'm not going to submit the full application. I can bear the monetary lose, but not the ban one.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But if there is any chance of Ban, then I'm not going to submit the full application. I can bear the monetary lose, but not the ban one.
No one can tell you if you will be banned or not. It is your decision. You read the requirements. Ask an immigration lawyer.

Gulzadic

May 2, 2023
Hi,
why do you think you will be banned?
In my opinion you did not misrepresent anything here: your sister lives in Winnipeg so you got 200 points under "Close relative in Manitoba" (not in Winnipeg specifically), then another 50 point is given in case if you are willing to settle in regions (Morden in your case)
So just continue your application, I would not decline it.
Good luck to you with your application,

Reactions: Gugu1996

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

I moved to Morden last year and can attest to it being a great place to live. You should ignore Morden's immigration page as it is a separate program completely.
I agree with Naturgrl, the rules clearly state that to be able to claim those 50 points you need family or social connections in the rural location you plan to move to. You would have to prove this...
During my immigration process I was interviewed by an MPNP officer, he asked a lot of questions. It would definitely be a risk.

Reactions: Gugu1996