AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
My timeline

NOC code 2281, applied from Toronto

March 22 - LMO application sent
May 26 - Expiration date of the actual work permit

What should be my next step? when can my employee call to ask about the file number? I see that its taking more than 3 months and my expiration day for the current work permit is 2 months (May 26)? anybody can give me a good advise? i want to move quickly with the process... my boss is willing to help me 100%.

@bepositive @hithere @carolk @foxxy anyone? :eek:

bepositive

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
jonico said:
My timeline

What should be my next step? when can my employee call to ask about the file number? I see that its taking more than 3 months and my expiration day for the current work permit is 2 months (May 26)? anybody can give me a good advise? i want to move quickly with the process... my boss is willing to help me 100%.

@ bepositive @ hithere @ carolk @ foxxy anyone? :eek:
Ask your employer to follow up regarding the file number after 10 days, hopefully they should be able to provide you with one by then.
The next thing you do is wait wait and more wait. There's nothing you can do. My work permit expired on March 15 and I'm on implied status. All i do is wait and stay positive. I'd ask ask you to do the same.

Bepositive

carolk

Dec 28, 2011
You can apply for the extension a few days of your expiry date, provide the file nr from Service Canada. CIC will hold for two months (implied status).
You should be fine.

jonico said:
My timeline

@ bepositive @ hithere @ carolk @ foxxy anyone? :eek:

jonico

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
OK thank you guys, i will waiiiiiiiiit :'( and I will keep you posted

bellasweet

Jul 25, 2011
Good Afternoon to All.

Just a simple inquiry.
My agent told me that my LMO was forwarded in January 2012. After a month I asked her about the file number, she told me she don't have it, and she will only learn about the number with result of the LMO, question, was that the exact scenario?

And how months really will LMO processing, coz she told it will be up to 6months maximum..

Please help through your valuable answers... Thank you ;D

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bellasweet,

The file number is available once your application is with a case processing officer ... if you read through the forum, some got it 10 days after they applied ... I got mine after two months because I am simply not asking my lawyer....

If you ask ask Service Canada how long it takes to process LMO...they'll say 3 months .... I got mine after 13 weeks... some got it even earlier ...but 6 months is too long and no one has experience that (from this forum)....

The trick is for your representative to call SC so your application will get attention.

bellasweet

Jul 25, 2011
@Hope4Maple

Great Response. thanks..

I hope i could receive a good news as receiving just a file number of the LMO.

I felt that was the only missing piece to fast run my application. I have a job offer from an employer which represented by a qualified consultant.

The consultant actually mentioned LMO processing is from 4months maximum 6months. ;D

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Hi All

My employer applied for LMO on March 27th and my Work Permit is going to expire in July 2012. how long is it taking these days for LMO to be processed > Any updates anyone here ?

And how long before the expiry date I should apply for work permit ? I see on CIC they say I should submit Work permit application 30 days before the expiration. What if I dont get LMO approval by that time ? And I am aplready working with this employer . So, does it speed up the process if you are already working ?

Welcome your answers.

Thanks

LMONEWBIE

Feb 20, 2012
I am all set to travel to Canada, thought I would post a timeline message for the benefit of those waiting for a final decision. This is the first time I will be working in Canada and my LMO and WP applications were processed by my employer's law firm-

the LMO was filed on Nov 24
Received positive decision on Feb 24 (exactly 3 months as indicated by several other members in this forum)
Submitted passports for family and myself at the local VFS office on March 9th
Received the passports on march 16 with a letter requiring us to get a medical test done
Resubmitted passports on March 19 after completion of tests
Received authorisation letter and WP in our passports on March 30

Hope the above helps. Thanks to everyone for sharing information.

1mm1grant

Apr 5, 2012
Hello Everybody!!
I am following this thread for quite sometime. Thanks to all the contributors.
My employer submitted my LMO application by December 22nd, 2011 and after a month we received the file number. No news after that.
Do anyone know which week's application is in process now?

Thanks!

adones

Apr 5, 2012
Unlucky_gal said:
My LMO filed on 25 June, when can I expect the LMO result.Pls help me and share about your LMO processing Time

GUYS I NEED SOME ADVICE..ABOUT THIS"

TOWER SOUTH 315
LAURIER AVENUE WEST
OTTAWA CANADA
Fax: (1405) 829-2100.
Tell +14164889500.

Congratulation on your effort so far with your work visa processes, we welcome you to Canada on behalf of Canadian Home Office Ottawa and Canadian Law Firm.

Your Original Copy Traveling document has been approved with your Pin Code Number and your Entry Clearance, all your entire traveling documents (Original Copy) is in our possession, we are gland to inform you any moment from now you will receive your traveling document package through dhl service which will enable you to obtain work visa.

For your information we have summoned the attention of your lawyer to endorse his signatory as your guarantor and to fill a form for possible guarantee of your residence in Canada without illegal activities.

We want to call on your attention to these clauses;-

1) To be sure that as soon as you arrive to Canada , you will stay out of criminal activities as well as bringing other people into Canada illegally.

2)That you will respect and obey the Canadian law and follow all the rule and regulation according to Canadian Constitution.

3) You must declare all luggage's when you arrive at the port of entry. Border services officers do conduct examinations of luggage being imported or exported to verify declarations. If you declare luggage when you arrive and take them back with you when you leave.

4) That I will pay DHL Service Fee and Airport Tax Clearance Fee, Three years Work Permit Fee, that will enable me to receive my Original Copy of Traveling document at my home destination.

We hereby advice you to effect this following fee through below information.

1. DHL Service Fee $100
2. AirPort Tax Fee $50
3. Three Years Work Permit Processing Fee 390

TOTAL FEE $540

PAYMENT OPTION

RECEIVER NAME:LISA THORNTON
DESTINATION: CANADA
SENDER NAME:
MTCN/NUMBERS
AMOUNT: $540
:
COUNTRY WHERE MONEY SEND OUT?

We strictly do not accept bank transfer from international applicant due to time factor as confirmation of bank to bank transaction takes more than 4 -7 working days due to confirmation so your payment shall be effected to our account department via wire transfer of western union for faster efficiency, we do not also accept credit cards due to fraudulent acts.

You are to contact us non less than Two Working Days with you Work Permit Processing Fee,Dhl Service Fee,Air Port Tax Fee and two photography passport,with the scan copy of your payment slip from western union,which will enable us to proceed .

NOTE: YOUR PAYMENT TRANSACTION SLIP VIA WESTERN UNION MUST BE SCANNED AND ATTACHED FOR CONFIRMATION.

respond to my email please adonescanos@yahoo.com

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Adones,

It's 100000% SCAM! The grammar is very poor as well.When somebody is collecting money this early, something can be very suspicious.

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
1mm1grant said:
Hello Everybody!!
I am following this thread for quite sometime. Thanks to all the contributors.
My employer submitted my LMO application by December 22nd, 2011 and after a month we received the file number. No news after that.
Do anyone know which week's application is in process now?

Thanks!
Could you tell me your noc code?