+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

Rebelthunder

Feb 16, 2012
Is there a way for us employees to follow up the process of a LMO? A lot of us here feared that our employers are not doing anything cause they cannot give any reasons why the LMO is taking so long. I kept on reading some of the threads and at the most, they already got their LMO's after 2 months. I would like to call on my own behalf. Thanks!

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not aware of a way that the employee can call Service Canada. I would think you need the file number to be able to get any information and only the employer would have that.

I would be wary of an employer that isn't interested in finding out what is going on. They may truly not know what is taking so long, but in the interest of getting you there and starting work, they should call to find out the status of the application. Hopefully not, but perhaps it got lost. If the employer never calls you could be waiting indefinitely. Good luck to you!

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rebelthunder said:
Is there a way for us employees to follow up the process of a LMO? A lot of us here feared that our employers are not doing anything cause they cannot give any reasons why the LMO is taking so long. I kept on reading some of the threads and at the most, they already got their LMO's after 2 months. I would like to call on my own behalf. Thanks!
Try asking your employer for the AOR number, that way you'll know they have applied without stepping on anyones toes.

racxblacx

Feb 27, 2012
hi all,

just wanted to let you guys know my prospective employer got LMO yesterday - it took 6 weeks in total. I don't know the exact day they submitted it, but they told me they started the process on 10th Feb and got it back yesterday... it seems things are speeding up!

Apparently my name isn't on the LMO - this addition will take a couple of weeks, maybe that's why it seems to have been quicker than other people's application. Also i believe they used an agent.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations!

I don't think using an agent makes any difference. If it did, we would all do it. (or at least more of us) Maybe occupations with a labour shortage are processed more quickly. Or you just got really lucky. Or things are speeding up. Who knows? haha

If things ARE speeding up, that is good news for me as my application is being submitted again on Monday. Sadly though, there are still some that have been waiting since November!

lucas52

Jan 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Nomination.....
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012 2nd AOR: 04-09-2012
File Transfer...
none
Med's Request
04-09-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012 Med sent on 21-09-2012, ecas update 'med received' on 17-10-2012
Interview........
Ecas 'In Process' on 18-10-2012, 'DM' on 4-4-2013
Passport Req..
08-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013
from my search, processing time usually takes 2~4 weeks after getting file number

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Argh... :( I feel your pain. Been thinking of you, g. Best wishes to you and andkiss! I hope that THIS is finally your week to receive good news!!

My LMO application was finally resubmitted today. I'll update whenever I get any news.

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@wideopenspaces,
That is awesome news, best of luck.
@andkiss,
I feel your pain, hopefully this week is the one.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Week 14....in BC though :'(

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, I just received the most disheartening news this morning after contacting my potential employer. I have been waiting on a LMO since Nov 21 and the process was being completed by a Agent(Employment Consultant). When I spoke to the employer yesterday they were shocked that the agent did not contact me as they had received confirmation that a LMO had been approved for their company. When I called the employer this morning for some feedback as he was going to call the agent for feedback I was surprised to learn that the agent had been to visit the company with a new applicant and told the employer that I was no longer a client of theirs. Needless to say both the company and I were taken back by this. The LMO received by the company has no names on it and we have no clue as to the next step.

suraj007

Mar 28, 2012
Hello , evryone ....
wht i got to know is .....can any one answer my asked question?plz....I am actually applying to temporary work in canada .....and i am from Nepal ...What papers /document should i need to get th visa ...i mean after the LMO ..i kno thrs lot of guyz u here ..tougher than me ...i need a perfect word guide please ..help