+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO processing Time - Alberta

racxblacx

Feb 27, 2012
wideopenspaces,
thanks for reply, what you say makes sense, I was thinking more likely 12 weeks, hopefully not 14 though! I've read some posts that say 21 weeks - very disheartening.

I don't think I have to worry about the employer changing their mind on my job offer, they're the ones chasing me. I actually have my current company trying to transfer me to canada at the same time... so it's a race of LMOs.

My prospective employer applied under NOC 2145, this was how it was advertised on Job Bank. though actually its a management position, so I think the application will be rejected.

Tissot1853

Mar 1, 2012
Four weeks now...my Operation Manager just call me today to sign another contract... yes another.. ::) I have been working for them since June 2011 with an open work permit but will expire soon. They send the application first days of last February 2012, so this new contract is almost the same but more specific with Transportation Cost and Accommodation and for extra 24 months.

I know is a good light 8) but this happens to any buddy here before get the positive or neutral LMO ?????

What you think about this????

THX

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all. Does anybody know what dates are currently being processed now,please.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gershscott - Sorry, can't answer your question. Have you heard anything yet? If not, have you been in contact with the employer?

Are there any more updates for Alberta LMOs?

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wideopenspaces said:
gershscott - Sorry, can't answer your question. Have you heard anything yet? If not, have you been in contact with the employer?

Are there any more updates for Alberta LMOs?
I have not heard anything and am slowly losing faith, next week will be month 4. I have 7 weeks left on my TRV and no longer have a job to go back to. The employer still wants me to join them but getting any info from the agent is proving difficult at best. Need to start working on plan B i guess. How are things shaping up for you? I noticed that job bank is up and running again. Cheers G

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm sorry you haven't heard anything yet. :( Try to hang in there. I don't think a long wait necessarily means something bad though. They just seem to be extremely behind in processing. At the same time, having a Plan B is always a good idea.

The employer submitted the ad again on Monday since Job Bank is finally up and running. The ad is not showing up yet (it is pending until they can review it I guess) so I don't think they can start counting the 14 days until it is viewable. It has also been advertised on another site since near the end of February. If the site had not been down we would have the application sent in by now. Very frustrating.

Wishing you the best!

andkiss

Feb 24, 2012
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-12-2011
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
hi all,
is there anyone who submitted the LMO app in Nov 2011 and still waiting?? ???

KARAN

Star Member
Dec 19, 2007
Hi wide open space
My employer hired an lawer to do my papers in albrta. Posted the add by second week of feb. When the job site was down still the informations in that where visible the same add shown in few other job sites as well with all information.the agent took off the add by 29th of feb.after completing the 14 days add session. Dose it make sence even the site is not working add been viwed though some other sites.
Please share your idea in my sutuvation. What is the current processing time for getting a LMO???
Thanks in advance

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Karan,

I'm sorry but I really don't have any answers to your questions. I don't know what the current LMO processing time is for Alberta. I just know mine took 14 weeks - applied mid November and found out it was denied 14 weeks later. We are advertising now and i will post my times when we apply. Good luck to you!

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andkiss said:
hi all,
is there anyone who submitted the LMO app in Nov 2011 and still waiting?? ???
@ andkiss my app was sent Nov 21 and i'm still waiting. Best of luck to you.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
g,

I've been keeping an eye out for a post from you. Ugh, can't believe you are still waiting. Apparently there is no rhyme or reason as to how these are processed. My fingers are still crossed for you!! Keep hanging in there... 8)

KARAN

Star Member
Dec 19, 2007
Hi again
If an employer posting an add wich is in the shot list dose the process done quicker or still they will b strigt forward like other case??? Or do they Keep telling the time frame 8-12 weeks??
Any advice????

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
KARAN said:
Hi again
If an employer posting an add wich is in the shot list dose the process done quicker or still they will b strigt forward like other case??? Or do they Keep telling the time frame 8-12 weeks??
Any advice????
Hi,

Unfortunately I think it will be treated the same. Mine is also on the short list occupation but it took 14 weeks to be approved.

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wideopenspaces said:
g,

I've been keeping an eye out for a post from you. Ugh, can't believe you are still waiting. Apparently there is no rhyme or reason as to how these are processed. My fingers are still crossed for you!! Keep hanging in there... 8)
wos,

Yeah I'm still waiting, the agent is calling SC every second day for info. Best of luck with your new application.

KARAN

Star Member
Dec 19, 2007
Man415 said:
Hi,

Unfortunately I think it will be treated the same. Mine is also on the short list occupation but it took 14 weeks to be approved.
Ohh
Al ready am waiting so long fustrating buddy,, first the employer try to do the paper work on his own.... Unfortunatly he cant do it.. Now he hired an agent to do the stuff
If the job in short list occupation can i hope good news come after 14 weeks ????
Or it depends on the officer who look after the papers