+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

lunita

Nov 14, 2012
@ ulemum: Did you send a normal work-permit application? then they normally don't send a confirmation. in other cases it takes them around 2 months to send a confirmation e-mail or letter. I sent my application for PR beginning of October and got my confirmation on Tuesday.

sweetjasmine

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Hi everyone, Happy new year to everyone...Congrats to all who got their PR and case is processing...I applied in December 2011...and they received my application in january 2012.....I got my open work permit in april 2012......i from india and was thinking to go get married....i am not too sure if should wait for my process to be finished or i can go get married....its been 3 years m in relationship but its hard to maintain long distance relationship for more and i want to get married....and if i go then can i change my status or apply for my husband or what should i do....wondering....its long waiting though.....Please reply if someone can suggest something...please respond.......thanks.... :)

God bless all the caregivers....

pek000

Jan 3, 2013
cats_lover said:
I also spend weekends in downtown. But this is my last weekend of because i have to work all weekends for one month and a half because my employer is not in town.
Are you from Philipines? I have a couple of friends from there that had their PR already.
Wish me luck because i dont know how im going to handle to have to work for the whole month!! Plus i dont get any extra money, can you believe it? Im sick of this situation!!!
Anyone had a problem like this? I really want to quit and start living my life!!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Why do you have to work on week ends when your employer is not in town? Do you take care of kids? It is against the law to work with out times off.

pek000 said:
I also spend weekends in downtown. But this is my last weekend of because i have to work all weekends for one month and a half because my employer is not in town.
Are you from Philipines? I have a couple of friends from there that had their PR already.
Wish me luck because i dont know how im going to handle to have to work for the whole month!! Plus i dont get any extra money, can you believe it? Im sick of this situation!!!
Anyone had a problem like this? I really want to quit and start living my life!!!

pek000

Jan 3, 2013
sweetjasmine said:
Hi everyone, Happy new year to everyone...Congrats to all who got their PR and case is processing...I applied in December 2011...and they received my application in january 2012.....I got my open work permit in april 2012......i from india and was thinking to go get married....i am not too sure if should wait for my process to be finished or i can go get married....its been 3 years m in relationship but its hard to maintain long distance relationship for more and i want to get married....and if i go then can i change my status or apply for my husband or what should i do....wondering....its long waiting though.....Please reply if someone can suggest something...please respond.......thanks.... :)

God bless all the caregivers....

pek000

Jan 3, 2013
cats_lover said:
Hello my fellows caregivers
Ive been looking for a post that allows 2012 applicants to connect but couldnt find it so i dediced to make a new post.
I sent my application on march 27, 2012 and i think it was received on april 2nd, 2012, i cant check my e-cas nor on the hotline. I live in Vancouver, B.C, single and mexican.
Im praying everyday and hope God bless us all so we can move on on our lives.
Share your timeline !!
Thanks!!

:)
Sorry!!

I want answer to this question

I really need help with this question. I started working with my employer in August 2011 and i expect my 2 years contract to end in August 2013 so that i can apply for open work permit. since there will be no school, my employer said she will give me time off in June. since i will be out of work, would my 2 years will still be completed in August despite i won't be able to work for July and August. i want to apply for open work permit as soon as I complete my 2 years

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
lunita said:
@ ulemum: Did you send a normal work-permit application? then they normally don't send a confirmation. in other cases it takes them around 2 months to send a confirmation e-mail or letter. I sent my application for PR beginning of October and got my confirmation on Tuesday.
hi lunita! im an Oct applicant too, how did you receive your confirmation?(LETTER/EMAIL?) I can check my status online on cic website already and it says Application Received.

lunita

Nov 14, 2012
@ tinytoes
I got my confirmation via E-mail in mid-december. But I still can't access my status online. For sure you will get your confirmation soon, maybe because of the holidays it took them a bit longer. They got my application on 10/10/12. When exactly did you apply?
Good luck!

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any NOV 2012 applicants here receive the email to CIC? Thanks

harsh91

Jan 1, 2013
CONGRATULATION! to all those my frds who have recieve their PR's
Can anyone plz help me to give me some idea about the procedure that CIC follows to give PR to live in caregiver applicant ...
or
the sucessfull applicant write his/her full timeline with description ??
THANKS

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
@ lunita
i sent my application Sept. 28, 2012
CIC rcvd it Oct. 02, 2012
I got to access my application status online on Dec. 07, 2012

Goodluck to us!

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
job_seeker said:
Have you received your OWP?
@ jobseeker: no open permit for me yet, still waiting..fingers crossed!
@ lunita: i searched my email again just to make sure if CIC emailed me, and yes I just found out that on Dec.13, 2012 they send me confirmation thru email but it went directly to my SPAM..that's why I didnt see it before.

lunita

Nov 14, 2012
@ tinytoes: so glad you found the e-mail. it is just a good feeling to know they have your application. For sure our OWPs will come soon.... how did you send your application, online or via normal mail?
and I can finally access my status online as well :)
All the best....

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
hi girls,
i sent my apple for OWP/PR on Nov.7, 2012.
Today, Jan. 9 (after 2 months as I sent it off), I've got 2 emails from CIC - the 1st acknowledge email: The office got my appl on Nov.13 2012 and the 2nd email: the office asked me to fill the new form "Background schedule A". There are some minor changes on this form, those changes were made in Dec.2012, so after I already sent my appl. Ok, whatever, I filled it out and sent the form off right away. Now, just hoping to get it asap ))))) and wish all of us GOOD LUCK!!!!!!