+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My friend need help. She will be applying PR/OWP in a week. Just want for clarification since when I was the one who applied I did not used the new forms that are barcoded. Anyways, does her dependants need to fill up the IMM5669, IMM5406 or just for her? Thanks a lot.

It seems like that IMM5406 and IMM5669 needs to be filled-up by the dependants too, but wondering how can they sign the said forms.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Only the principal applicant for now. Her dependents will fill up theirs when they receive their kits.

honeysweetie said:
My friend need help. She will be applying PR/OWP in a week. Just want for clarification since when I was the one who applied I did not used the new forms that are barcoded. Anyways, does her dependants need to fill up the IMM5669, IMM5406 or just for her? Thanks a lot.

It seems like that IMM5406 and IMM5669 needs to be filled-up by the dependants too, but wondering how can they sign the said forms.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
job_seeker said:
Only the principal applicant for now. Her dependents will fill up theirs when they receive their kits.
Thanks job_seeker. Does that mean even it's listed in the Instruction Guide IMM5290 that her spouse need to fill-up? One more question job_seeker, my friend doesn't have enough money to pay the processing fee just yet. Can we pay her PR fee 550 X2=1100 plus son 150 Plus 150 OWP fee using my credit card? She doesn't have credit card so I told her maybe I can use my credit card paying online or is it necessary that the credit card will be use should be under her name? She doesn't have credit card yet that's why I offer mine but I wonder if CIC allows it. Thank you.

Below is quoted from the Instruction Guide.
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Yes, you can use your credit card to pay for her application fees. The dependents will fill that up later as part of their own kits.

honeysweetie said:
Thanks job_seeker. Does that mean even it's listed in the Instruction Guide IMM5290 that her spouse need to fill-up? One more question job_seeker, my friend doesn't have enough money to pay the processing fee just yet. Can we pay her PR fee 550 X2=1100 plus son 150 Plus 150 OWP fee using my credit card? She doesn't have credit card so I told her maybe I can use my credit card paying online or is it necessary that the credit card will be use should be under her name? She doesn't have credit card yet that's why I offer mine but I wonder if CIC allows it. Thank you.

Below is quoted from the Instruction Guide.
Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Who must fill out this application form?
This form must be completed by:
you, the principal applicant;
your spouse or common-law partner (whether accompanying you to Canada or not), and
your dependent children aged 18 or over (whether accompanying you to Canada or not).

margaux

Star Member
Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/OWP applied: Feb. 2013; OWP Rec'd:May 2013
Doc's Request.
AIP & Docs Req : May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
PR approval & PPR 2/12/15
LANDED..........
Apr. 9, 2015
To Honeysweetie, based on the guideline, the dependents (spouse/common-law and those 18 YO & above) must also complete the forms IMM5669 & IMM5406. Also, I know someone who paid the fees through her uncle's credit and it was accepted.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
margaux said:
To Honeysweetie, based on the guideline, the dependents (spouse/common-law and those 18 YO & above) must also complete the forms IMM5669 & IMM5406. Also, I know someone who paid the fees through her uncle's credit and it was accepted.
Hi margaux, that's what worries me because it says in the guidelines. But wondering how my friends' dependants living in the Philippines can sign the form because it needs to be original. Anyone here who applied PR/OWP recently without submitting IMM5669 and IMM5406 for their dependants? Thank you!

margaux

Star Member
Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PR/OWP applied: Feb. 2013; OWP Rec'd:May 2013
Doc's Request.
AIP & Docs Req : May 2014
Med's Done....
June 2014
Passport Req..
PR approval & PPR 2/12/15
LANDED..........
Apr. 9, 2015
Dependents can download these forms. Once completed and signed, the original forms are to be sent to the main applicant who will then submit it together with his/her application & other documents. These forms are in addition to other requirements from dependents such as original NBI clearance, photocopy of passport data page, birth & marriage certificate.

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
margaux said:
Dependents can download these forms. Once completed and signed, the original forms are to be sent to the main applicant who will then submit it together with his/her application & other documents. These forms are in addition to other requirements from dependents such as original NBI clearance, photocopy of passport data page, birth & marriage certificate.
Hi margaux thanks for the info. Can I have the link for this statement please?

MarkJoseph

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karri_30hd said:
Hi Cats_lover

We have roughly the same time line cic received application around March 27. But the problem is my ecas still says Application Received. I try call but all i can hear is that i have to wait.

I received open work permit July 2012.

Have faith and trust in the Lord, everything will be ok.
You guys are just the same with my mother's ECAS. CIC application received august 08, 2012 but still the same ECAS as of now MARCH 5 2013. what would be the next ECAS? IN PROCESS OR OPENED APPLICATION?

karri

Dec 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-03-2012
MarkJoseph said:
You guys are just the same with my mother's ECAS. CIC application received august 08, 2012 but still the same ECAS as of now MARCH 5 2013. what would be the next ECAS? IN PROCESS OR OPENED APPLICATION?

I do believe the next update to her ecas should be in process. But then again my be decision madei dont know why is it that some ecas is updated and some not. I would really appreciate hearing from from someone with similar experience.

MarkJoseph

Mar 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ karri, maybe the next ECAS is in process or decision made.,.. just make an update if there is a changes on your ECAS. i will make an update also. thanks

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
Hello!
My Ecas has had the same status APPLICATION RECEIVED since april last year ::) , i received my OWP on july last year and since then theres no news nor updates... I wonder if someone else is in the same situation or had hear of this kind of situation?
What happens after a year of sending the application?

karri said:

I do believe the next update to her ecas should be in process. But then again my be decision madei dont know why is it that some ecas is updated and some not. I would really appreciate hearing from from someone with similar experience.

donna08

Jan 30, 2013
Hi

I have problems regarding one of the requirements under LIVE in CAREGIVER PROGRAM
It says here
• You must have six months of full-time training in a classroom setting or twelve months of full-time paid employment, including at least six months of continuous employment, within the past 3 years, with one employer in a field or occupation related to the job you are seeking as a live-in caregiver.

im a nurse with 1 year and 6 months experience in a clinic. I am only a volunteer there and expect there is no salary.
Do you think i am qualified in the experience?

Im just worried if my papres will be refused.. Somebody told me i will receive a refusal.

Zoey Lee

Feb 2, 2013
I wonder that which number you called CIC, everytime I call them, there is busy. You are lucky one know what is going on with your application.
I am so confuse and worried, I got none information about my application even I send it in Nov 29 2012.There is 3 monthes already, they didnot send email to me to tell me any thing.
Hi Guys. Been reading posts and it has been truly helpful. I just called CIC and told me that they opened my application today. Good Luck to all of us waiting.

Sent Application: Nov. 26, 2012
App Rcvd: Nov. 29, 2012
CIC Opened App: Jan. 23, 2013
ECAS :
[/quote]