+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers PR/OWP applicants for 2012 timeline.

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i finally receive the email from CIC just now, i passed my application on Nov 15th and they received it on Nov 16th, hopefully OPEN WORK PERMIT soon :) God bless us and Goodluck

EMEC

Jan 7, 2013
Hi Everyone, Congrats!! To everyone who have PR without a long wait. I wish someone can give me advice what to do. I applied in 2010 July, got my open work permit in December 2011. Immigration Canada sent a letter confirming that I am eligible PR application and in three months they will contact my family in the Philippines. It has been a long wait because until now jan 2013 got no news. I wrote an email to Manila Immigration last November 2012 sending again the complete deatails of my family I even send them fax, but still no news. I called immigration here in Canada today waiting for 30minutes answer, they just told me they dont have access with my file or my families file in Manila. To those members in this forum pls I appreciate your info and advice of my case. Thank you to all God bless.

EMEC

Jan 7, 2013
EMEC said:
Hi Everyone, Congrats!! To everyone who have PR without a long wait. I wish someone can give me advice what to do. I applied in 2010 July, got my open work permit in December 2011. Immigration Canada sent a letter confirming that I am eligible PR application and in three months they will contact my family in the Philippines. It has been a long wait because until now jan 2013 got no news. I wrote an email to Manila Immigration last November 2012 sending again the complete deatails of my family I even send them fax, but still no news. I called immigration here in Canada today waiting for 30minutes answer, they just told me they dont have access with my file or my families file in Manila. To those members in this forum pls I appreciate your info and advice of my case. Thank you to all God bless.
cats_lover said:
Hello my fellows caregivers
Ive been looking for a post that allows 2012 applicants to connect but couldnt find it so i dediced to make a new post.
I sent my application on march 27, 2012 and i think it was received on april 2nd, 2012, i cant check my e-cas nor on the hotline. I live in Vancouver, B.C, single and mexican.
Im praying everyday and hope God bless us all so we can move on on our lives.
Share your timeline !!
Thanks!!

:)

tinytoes

Jul 31, 2012
Received my open permit yesterday, Jan.11! Thanku Lord!
Application rcvd: Oct.2, 2012
Access ECAS: Dec 7, 2012
CIC Confirmation (email): Dec 13, 2012
Approved Open Permit dated Dec 31, 2012

:)

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
;) Hello All
I haven't write anything in months!! Congratulations to all that have received their OWP.
I received mine in july 2012 and my ecas still says APPLICATION RECEIVED... im wondering if anyone has received an update on their status?

God bless you all!! ;D

TIGERMITCH08

Dec 5, 2012
Hi Guys. Been reading posts and it has been truly helpful. I just called CIC and told me that they opened my application today. Good Luck to all of us waiting.

Sent Application: Nov. 26, 2012
App Rcvd: Nov. 29, 2012
CIC Opened App: Jan. 23, 2013
ECAS :

ulemum

Aug 30, 2012
@ Lunita yes I sent the normal work permit application, am just waiting for the letter to go for my medicals. Its been over 2 months now and I havent heard from them up to now.

nicajean26

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
hi i want toa sk is the employer the one who will made the statement of deductions and wages can i just make it and sign by the employer do u have any format? pls send it to me thanks

lunita

Nov 14, 2012
Yes, I finally got my open work-permit. :) What a nice feeling after living and working in Canada for over 5 years.

Application sent: Oct 8 2012
CIC received application: Oct 10 2012
Confirmation E-mail received: Dec 18 2012
Received OWP: Jan 22 2013

@ulemum: I would give them some more time, it takes CIC at the moment around 3 months to give an answer. (See my case above )
But if you feel to uncomfortable you still can call them to ask about your application.
Good luck, hope you will get the answer soon.

Congratulations to everyone who get the OWP and good luck and patience to everybody else.

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
ava said:
hi ellann..,
just asking the status of your application now? mine timeline is like this:
oct 18,2010..submitted my PR application
dec 10,2011.. got OWP
till date of today...no letter,no calls,nothing...so desperate and frustrating.. :'( :'( :'( :'(
hi , so frustarting till now OWP yet
Timeline
April 30,2012 submitted OWP and PR
started processing pr july 2012
till now no OWP...haisttt

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Why not call CIC. Lately, OWPs are sent within three months. Your OWP may have been sent and it just got lost in the mail.

ellann said:
hi , so frustarting till now OWP yet
Timeline
April 30,2012 submitted OWP and PR
started processing pr july 2012
till now no OWP...haisttt

Ysheen

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EMEC said:
Hello EMEC,
We have the same timeline,my dependents in Philippines got his Kit end of January this year.
What I did was,emailed CEM nad they reply after two days. When you emailed CEM,did you put your dependents email address? The reason im asking you this is, CEM send the Kit through email.
Visit the thread for June May 2010 applicants...

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Hi girls, I've just got my OPEN W Permit today. HAPPY to no end :p :p :p It's a great feeling of relief after 3 years of hard work! It's just incomparable to anything! My timeline - sent appl for OWP/PR - Nov 7, 2012; CIC received Nov.13, 2012, OWP issued Feb. 11, 2013.

karri_30hd

Sep 27, 2012
cats_lover said:
;) Hello All
I haven't write anything in months!! Congratulations to all that have received their OWP.
I received mine in july 2012 and my ecas still says APPLICATION RECEIVED... im wondering if anyone has received an update on their status?

God bless you all!! ;D
Hi Cats_lover

We have roughly the same time line cic received application around March 27. But the problem is my ecas still says Application Received. I try call but all i can hear is that i have to wait.

I received open work permit July 2012.

Have faith and trust in the Lord, everything will be ok.

karri_30hd

Sep 27, 2012
angelnic19 said:
Any Jamaican nannies out there? I'm in Thornhill. Would love to hear from one to compare notes. Will be completing my 24 months soon (can't wait!) I am following this thread, seeking encouragement. Keep sharing your timelines guys!
Hi Angelnic19

Another yardie here. How is every thing? Did you submit your PR appli. Keep us posted and wish you all the best.