+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver (PR IN-PROCESS)

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Print it out and bring it to her. I assume you are living in her house. Why send via email :)

kitt1517 said:
Thank you Job_seeker for your suggestion I'm so appriciated, I myself is the one that do everything I sent the sample cover letter and employment contract form via the e-mail to her since DEC last year!!!

I aksed my employer she still wants me or not and her answer was YES,I WANT YOU AND YOU CAN STAY AS LONG AS YOU WANT!!!! I don't know what does she mean? She wants me but do nothing :(

I'll ask her again tonight and tell you guys what happen.... pray for myself

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
Hi Job_seeker

I sent her via e-mail because I want to show her all information (I asked my agency how to extend work permit, they answer me so clear) I just want her to read and understand all the processing.

Still nothing happen. So tired to ask her over and over ???

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
loida86 said:
hi guys, i just wanted to share this news for single applicants. my friend submitted her Pr and owp application on feb 2010, and just last week, she received the result.. not just one but both owp and her PR. She's so lucky!! in jst 11 months, her papers were processed! I hope that all of us here will be as fortunate as her too, in God's help.

How is receiving OWP n PR possible without doing a médical and going for interview ? I tot you get a décision made letter with a médical request and after few months, you get an interview letter . Then you go to the interview, pay the landing fée and land . So how can one get PR without Landing first ? Or did you mean your friend got an OWP and a letter to Côme for interview ? Plz clarify for us .

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Changes had been made to the Live in Caregiver Program in 2009, one of those changes being doing away with the second medical.

Monalizy said:
How is receiving OWP n PR possible without doing a médical and going for interview ? I tot you get a décision made letter with a médical request and after few months, you get an interview letter . Then you go to the interview, pay the landing fée and land . So how can one get PR without Landing first ? Or did you mean your friend got an OWP and a letter to Côme for interview ? Plz clarify for us .

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
job_seeker said:
Changes had been made to the Live in Caregiver Program in 2009, one of those changes being doing away with the second medical.
i know a change about thé médical but that took effect on April 1st 2010 . All applications before that date still get affected under thé second medical right ? And thé applicant applied Febuary, so is she not affected by thé old rules ? And how did thé applicant get PR without landing first ? Did she pay thé landing Fees at all ? I just dont Want thé People reading posts hère to be mis-informed .

Jocelyn

Aug 20, 2008
hi everyone. i am still going to submit my application for PR. am just wondering, do i need to submit also together with my PR pplication the open permit form imm 1249? i'm getting confused. thanks

angellois

Dec 5, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
LCP Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2010
Doc's Request.
14-01-2011
AOR Received.
09-08-2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
09-21-2011(For Interview Scheduling)
Med's Request
16-12-2010/ remed req 05-10-2011
Med's Done....
18-12-2010/30-12-2010/ remed 17/10/2011
Interview........
25-10-2011
Passport Req..
05-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2011
Monalizy said:
i know a change about thé médical but that took effect on April 1st 2010 . All applications before that date still get affected under thé second medical right ? And thé applicant applied Febuary, so is she not affected by thé old rules ? And how did thé applicant get PR without landing first ? Did she pay thé landing Fees at all ? I just dont Want thé People reading posts hère to be mis-informed .
Maybe she paid all the fees. My friend did the same thing too. I submitted my application January 2010 and I did not have any medical request.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It became a law in April 2010. Implementation started August 2009.

Monalizy said:

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Probably (because it was not stated), the PR referred to would be the landing interview.

Monalizy said:

eric_fritz

Jan 30, 2011
Hi guys, i dont know if this is the right page or forum where i can seek for help re first time application for live in caregiver.
Iam a resident here in canada and planning to hire my sister as a live in caregiver, now my problem is will it affect her papers for nominee program if she applied here as a live in caregiver?

help and responses will be highly appreciated thanks in advance

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Good for you. So you can now send your application to CPC Vegreville, and you'd be on implied status while your WP is being processed (your current WP is expiring on March, right?). All the best.

kitt1517 said:
Just wanna let you guys know I already got ducuments from my employer last wednesday :eek:

wins26

Feb 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys i would like to ask, if your aplication in OWP and PR are in process and your workpermit is already expired, what happend? because i have friend of mind (LIVE IN CAREGIVER), release last october then until now he doest have work and his workpermit expired too, he didnt apply for extention or even finding job, and now he doest have any valid docs ( LCP work permit )to stay here in canada right ? or its ok to stay w/o a work permit or bridge extention or job? and his application will affect because of this? thnx guys

thnx in advance guys :'( :-[ :'(