+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
chuchay said:
ying
:) pretty much the very same situation with me but with my present employer.I think I'll print the very same contract and we both sign it again to show them we still comply to the contract together with a written letter.thanks you just gave me some info about the case
chuchay, it's a good idea to do that, actually I think cic just need to see if we really have had worked enough to apply for PR from the papers, so if you have your explaination, they will understand ,also I think they have the records when we applied for our work visas. I just a little worried because I have no explaination about it, but hope they could understand me.

Good luck.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
JUst confused of some people who kept asking about your marital status, I' ll just want to share with you some small knowledge about this.
In my point of view, their are no different way of processing of application of a single and married applicant. As what I understand , the 1st stage of processing is weather you've met or enough requirements to pass the program such as LICP (live-in caregiver program) then if you qualified then they will now process your OPEN WORK PERMIT application. So as we know, We, caregiver are being locked-in to this job and this OWP is oneway or another the CIC of giving us the signal or approval to work and live in Canada. And we are FREE to move on, look for a job that fits our real skills, aside of being a CAREGIVER. So we go now to the 2nd stage which they will now process all our dependents application , they will send a KIT or form to our dependent as they will also met the requirement to process the PR application. Background check etc...If they are eligible then thats the time that they will give the PR status to the MAIN applicant which is the caregiver then a visa/PR to the dependents....I am sharing this because SOME applicant who are single, sometimes have dependent so eventhgh you are single still you have to wait for the the approval of your dependent before CIC give you your PR status..Some applicant are single parent , so this applicant still wait longer same as married applicant.
HOPE this make sense Especially to those people who keep asking about the processing times for SINGLE and MARRIED applicant. :) :) KUDOS

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Oh, great. updated.
stage 1, 14-15 months (working on applications received up to April 1, 2010)
stage 2, 16 months
3 months longer... :eek:

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^ holy moley!! :(

just an update for me:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 7, 2011.

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
vampirella said:
^ holy moley!! :(

just an update for me:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on July 7, 2011.
It was fast, I sent out my application on July 5th, received on July 7th, I called immigration and was told it took 2 or 3 weeks to start the process, and some friends told me 2or 3 months.
Hope you could get your owp fast too. :D

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
^ ahahahah. I hope they get their fair share of mercy today, and learn to emphatize.

question: if it is stated online that the status is IN PROCESS, does that mean there's nothing wrong with your documents?

cheers!

JFMS

May 17, 2011
vampirella said:
^ ahahahah. I hope they get their fair share of mercy today, and learn to emphatize.

question: if it is stated online that the status is IN PROCESS, does that mean there's nothing wrong with your documents?

cheers!
me either..i have that same question in mind...hope everything is ok with our papers....don't wanna go back to square one on that application :'(

yamie

Jul 20, 2011
Monalizy said:
You are welcome to join the waiting game, I must tell you,it is nerves wrecking but you will survive . . . .lol.

Yea, if you are a single applicant it will be faster after the AIP , CIC agent told me that but it depends on your country of origin too cos of background check and what not.
hello thier i have the same problem that your facing now so the question is how long we gonna survived of waiting.....

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@ kablas99- where do you stay here in edmonton? I am here too

redraiven

Jun 21, 2011
My advice is ....as long as you know that your application is being process...
....then find something to devote your extra time with...such as
earning your driving license if you don't have one or plan
what you are going to do when you have your OWP...
...if you are going to do a job that is similar to what
we have right now I guess there is no point in planning though... :'(

vampirella

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
JFMS said:
me either..i have that same question in mind...hope everything is ok with our papers....don't wanna go back to square one on that application :'(
i hear you. I hope things will be ok and start living our lives :D