+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

kcire

Star Member
May 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people!
Please help me on what to do in applying for OWP/Permanent Residence under LCP.
On the document checklist RE: photocopies of identity,etc. it says that we need to provide birth certificate and or baptismal certificate. My question here is that the birth certificate should be from NSO or the birth certificate from a municipal civil registrar will be suffecient enough? Actually they did not specifically tell which one they requires. But for those who already submitted their apps, which birth certificate did you included? Thanks.

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
All documents like birth certificate should be issued and authenticated by the NSO

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
All documents like birth certificate should be issued and authenticated by the NSO
[/quote

Mine was not issued by the NSO...i used my baptismal certificate since i dont have the birth certificate available ;)... :D

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
Bambiegirl said:
BOYZONE2 said:
[/quote

Mine was not issued by the NSO...i used my baptismal certificate since i dont have the birth certificate available ;)... :D
Good for u but some cic officer are strict so much better to have it thru nso :D :)

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
hoping some changes for the benefit of all the temporary workers in canada
http://vimeo.com/24344904

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
BOYZONE2 said:
Good for u but some cic officer are strict so much better to have it thru nso :D :)
I'll have it on hand by then if they'll gonna ask for it.....but the baptismal is not issued by the NSO...so whats the equivalent? issued by the Pope? ;D just joking...no offense meant...hehehhehe

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
LANDED..........
except of course for d baptismal certificate bcoz nt all religion or faith do baptism isnt it? Well? am not offended ms bingco its ok :)

filipina88

Aug 17, 2011
Hello po,

Im under LCP and my WP is expiring on Oct 7, I'm planning to send my application for OWP and PR at the end of August, is that the right time to send it? Do i need to apply for another WP while waiting for the result of my application even if I wanna stay with the same employer? My SIN is also expiring on the same date as my WP, should I get a new one?How? Im in Vancouver and I hope someone can help me as soon as possible.. Thank you...

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
filipina88 said:
Hello po,

Im under LCP and my WP is expiring on Oct 7, I'm planning to send my application for OWP and PR at the end of August, is that the right time to send it? Do i need to apply for another WP while waiting for the result of my application even if I wanna stay with the same employer? My SIN is also expiring on the same date as my WP, should I get a new one?How? Im in Vancouver and I hope someone can help me as soon as possible.. Thank you...
hi filipina88 welcome to the waiting in line. i suggest you renew you wp before it expires. you read in this forum how long it takes to get OWP even if your working in the same employer you still have to wait 15- 16 months processing time and if you get sick (knock on wood) you dont have a medicare.

apply your work permit extension online so its faster.

read this forum thread to learn how to submit wp ext online. hope this helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extension-of-work-permit-online-application-t52894.0.html

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello wsongco, may I ask what form did you received from CIC. are you one of us caregiver too?sorry for asking..

wsongco said:
hi filipina88 welcome to the waiting in line. i suggest you renew you wp before it expires. you read in this forum how long it takes to get OWP even if your working in the same employer you still have to wait 15- 16 months processing time and if you get sick (knock on wood) you dont have a medicare.

apply your work permit extension online so its faster.

read this forum thread to learn how to submit wp ext online. hope this helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/extension-of-work-permit-online-application-t52894.0.html

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there teacherkerker, thank goodness I found one on here that same date I sent my application for PR....please keep me posted about the processing of your papers please..I called CIC few months ago and asked about my application and she said I would wait until November...I am really excited and am expected alot but the timeline for the processing takes even longer...

please keep me posted and I will do the same..thanks and God bless Us

teacherkerker said:
Nov (2010) single applicant .No dependent

cic received papers Nov26,2010

started processing Jan,11,2011

still in process

Gico

Jun 25, 2010
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
June 26, 2013
Med's Request
March 4, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
May 22, 2014
Passport Req..
May 30, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014 ( received on July 19,2014)
everyone,

please enlighten me about this FAQ in the CIC website: Will live-in caregivers be affected by the four-year cumulative duration regulation which came into effect on April 1, 2011?

THIS IS REPLY OF CIC: This regulation establishes a maximum cumulative duration for the period that a temporary foreign worker can work in Canada.

The vast majority of live-in caregivers eventually apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program.

Live-in caregivers who have applied for permanent residence and who have received a positive stage one assessment of their application (“approval in principle” letter) during the cumulative duration period, are exempt from the four-year limit. - DOES THIS MEAN LCP1 WITHOUT OWP ON APRIL 1,2011 WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR PR?

For the small number of caregivers who do not seek permanent resident status, or whose applications are refused at the stage one “approval in principle” phase of assessment, the cumulative duration regulation will apply.

As with all other temporary foreign workers, live-in caregivers will start with a clean slate on April 1, 2011. Any work they performed under a valid LCP work permit prior to that date will not be counted towards the four-year cumulative duration limit.

In addition, any periods of absence from Canada (including any time that a live-in caregiver has worked for their employer outside Canada), periods of unemployment, periods of medical or maternity leave spent in Canada will not count towards the four-year cumulative duration limit.

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Gico said:
- DOES THIS MEAN LCP1 WITHOUT OWP ON APRIL 1,2011 WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR PR?[/color]
It will start a clean slate beginning April 1, 2011-meaning you add another four years for the cumulative period which is April 1, 2015. LCP without OWP on April 2011 will be eligible to apply for PR still.

The cumulative only applies to those LCP whose applications are refused at the stage one "approval in principle" then the new measures will apply to them. (four years from now)
Hope this helps...

kitt1517

Star Member
Mar 14, 2010
I want to apply for TRV but my ploblem is I don't have a lot money in my bank account because I send money home. Is that gonna be the reson for them to refuse my application? Anybody knows .. please advise

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
kitt1517 said:
I want to apply for TRV but my ploblem is I don't have a lot money in my bank account because I send money home. Is that gonna be the reson for them to refuse my application? Anybody knows .. please advise
you dont need to show proof of funds you're a returnee employee that is why they ask for letter of employer and valid work permit to support yourself here in Canada. you cannot apply for TRV if your unemployed or no valid wp.