+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

chuchay

Star Member
May 18, 2011
hello.I have a problem.I'll be applyng for my Permanent Residence this July.I am under the live-in caregiver.The problem is I did not realize that I did not have a copy of my signed contract from my present employer.I asked my employer if I could get a copy of the signed contract because I know he kept copies for himself too but then he said he looked up and did not find any.I called the CIC and I said I still have a copy of the same contract but with no signatures and I was told to submit that copy with a written explanation why I could not provide the original contract.The thing is I am not sure how it will affect my application?will my application be returned I don't know.Anyone who had the same experience or knew someone who went through the same thing I would really appreciate any info

roseflower

Jun 22, 2011
lanz15 said:
Hi roseflower! I think you cant. Accdg to immigration... after you get married, your canadian hubby will sponsor you & it will take 18 months for the processing. Im not sure about the law now.. what Im talking is Ive done research last 2008 coz i was in your same situation at that time :D

take care
Thanks Lanz15

roseflower

Jun 22, 2011
sarah cunanan said:
@ roseflower i live on bc. bc health will let u b a dependent of a canadian citizen. u will b under his medicare if u are married or common law. thats 4 implied status. im not sure bout d rest
Thanks sarah

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
HELLO forumers...
Just want to share with you my situations and hope to have some clear advice from anybody..Just finish my 2 year contract today july 5 with my 2nd employer, and they offer me again a new agreement which increase salary from $1950 to $2000 and changes from board&lodging fee from 330 to $300, and to sign another 1 year extension contract... I applied already for OWP & PR and it has been 7 months to date that my papers still on process . I called CIC agent and to their advise " no need to ask for another contract and work permit if still working on the same employer". Planning to give up working with them because of flexible time of work. It is quite hard really to work from 9 am to 10:30 pm. My plan at present is to leave if i had already my OWP , as i thought that before my contract and work permit expire ( jan 21, 2012) i had already my work permit but not lucky enough because of changes in processing time , my plans turn into mess. WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS..Do i Accept the new agreement for another 1 year "LOCKED IN" or just work with them with expired contract FREE to GO what ever happens..!!???
Hope to hear from you to clear up my mind..I need an advice SOONER..hehehe THANK YOU in advance ;D

tinkermarie

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say, you may change employer if you can't do it anymore..I understand you're working too much hour and it is really hard on you:) but still its all in your decision. I passed my PR application last year november 2010, and my employer released me this year january 2011..i have now my 2nd employer..i think its fine to change employer since you already passed your PR application, what I did was I just called the immigration and update in my current address and the immigration told me to wait till november in the approval of my application..

If its hard on you there then why you'd suffer, the rate is good but in your health its not fair at all..the decision is yours:)

God bless you always and am sure you'll be fine whatever decision you've make..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Ever heard of the "Notice of Termination"? Check that the contract has stipulations for the termination of contract should you decide to terminate your employment with them sometime in the future before the termination date of the contract. $1950 to $2000 plus a reduction of $30 for board and lodging is not much, but considering that the wait time in processing for the OWP/PR application is a bit daunting, you might want to think it over.

kablas99 said:
HELLO forumers...
Just want to share with you my situations and hope to have some clear advice from anybody..Just finish my 2 year contract today july 5 with my 2nd employer, and they offer me again a new agreement which increase salary from $1950 to $2000 and changes from board&lodging fee from 330 to $300, and to sign another 1 year extension contract... I applied already for OWP & PR and it has been 7 months to date that my papers still on process . I called CIC agent and to their advise " no need to ask for another contract and work permit if still working on the same employer". Planning to give up working with them because of flexible time of work. It is quite hard really to work from 9 am to 10:30 pm. My plan at present is to leave if i had already my OWP , as i thought that before my contract and work permit expire ( jan 21, 2012) i had already my work permit but not lucky enough because of changes in processing time , my plans turn into mess. WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS..Do i Accept the new agreement for another 1 year "LOCKED IN" or just work with them with expired contract FREE to GO what ever happens..!!???
Hope to hear from you to clear up my mind..I need an advice SOONER..hehehe THANK YOU in advance ;D

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
tinkermarie said:
I would say, you may change employer if you can't do it anymore..I understand you're working too much hour and it is really hard on you:) but still its all in your decision. I passed my PR application last year november 2010, and my employer released me this year january 2011..i have now my 2nd employer..i think its fine to change employer since you already passed your PR application, what I did was I just called the immigration and update in my current address and the immigration told me to wait till november in the approval of my application..

If its hard on you there then why you'd suffer, the rate is good but in your health its not fair at all..the decision is yours:)

God bless you always and am sure you'll be fine whatever decision you've make..
@tinkermarie...You make sense, Thank you for enlighten my mind...THINK THINK :)

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
job_seeker said:
Ever heard of the "Notice of Termination"? Check that the contract has stipulations for the termination of contract should you decide to terminate your employment with them sometime in the future before the termination date of the contract. $1950 to $2000 plus a reduction of $30 for board and lodging is not much, but considering that the wait time in processing for the OWP/PR application is a bit daunting, you might want to think it over.
@job_seeker
Yap i know about it, I am sure we're bound for our right to terminate, sometimes situations makes hard to decide especially if "WE" are pinoy, soft hearted people( agree or disagree) my employer has months to leave thats why hard to decide even though hard for you to work...BUT my decision is not yet profound that is why i am seeking for some point of view...
Anyways Thanks to you and i am delighted with your thoughts..KUDOS

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
chuchay said:
hello.I have a problem.I'll be applyng for my Permanent Residence this July.I am under the live-in caregiver.The problem is I did not realize that I did not have a copy of my signed contract from my present employer.I asked my employer if I could get a copy of the signed contract because I know he kept copies for himself too but then he said he looked up and did not find any.I called the CIC and I said I still have a copy of the same contract but with no signatures and I was told to submit that copy with a written explanation why I could not provide the original contract.The thing is I am not sure how it will affect my application?will my application be returned I don't know.Anyone who had the same experience or knew someone who went through the same thing I would really appreciate any info
OMG, I hope I could have read your message earlier , I submited my PR application just this morning, I threw away all my papers after I passed my interview , just brought my passport with me , I remember my former employer scaned and emailed to me before she sent the original contract, so I just printed it out today, but I forgot I had to sign on it. now it's too late to do anything...
I think you just explain your problem when you only can do that, but I can not do anything about it anymore,

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
101% Strongly Agree :)

kablas99 said:
@ job_seeker
Yap i know about it, I am sure we're bound for our right to terminate, sometimes situations makes hard to decide especially if "WE" are pinoy, soft hearted people( agree or disagree) my employer has months to leave thats why hard to decide even though hard for you to work...BUT my decision is not yet profound that is why i am seeking for some point of view...
Anyways Thanks to you and i am delighted with your thoughts..KUDOS

chuchay

Star Member
May 18, 2011
ying888 said:
OMG, I hope I could have read your message earlier , I submited my PR application just this morning, I threw away all my papers after I passed my interview , just brought my passport with me , I remember my former employer scaned and emailed to me before she sent the original contract, so I just printed it out today, but I forgot I had to sign on it. now it's too late to do anything...
I think you just explain your problem when you only can do that, but I can not do anything about it anymore,
ying, you printed the contract and then you signed it again?

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
chuchay said:
quote author=chuchay link=topic=65762.msg859338#msg859338 date=1309964639]
[/quote]

I didn't sign it again, I just didn't notice that the one should be the copy of the original sent to embassy for the interview, it must have my signature on it. I thought just the same content. So I called cic they said I should contact my former employer to get it, but my former employer even would not like to give me any proper papers. I know her very well. So the officer said I need to give an explaination about it. But I sent it out yesterday, I don't know it would be returned to me in a few days or just let me resubmit some papers in the future, I have had some explaination with my application that I stated I couldn't submit some papers now but I would resubmit in the future, so I hope they would require them together instead of returning to me.

chuchay

Star Member
May 18, 2011
ying
:) pretty much the very same situation with me but with my present employer.I think I'll print the very same contract and we both sign it again to show them we still comply to the contract together with a written letter.thanks you just gave me some info about the case