+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
anyways just chill...........look forward for you wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congratulations.
I wish you will get you OPW before dec then you can fully enjoy your big day.
Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! RITIKA

sharma80 said:
Hi lanz,

I am not sure actually i just read on cic website saying that they will send an acknowledgement letter if yes then start processing . i was just checking if somebody got it. if you sumitted your papers last aug it means nearly 10 months then you should be getting something soon. if you are going home just make sure you have a valid work permit + multiple entry visa. Because last month i just went to my home country for 15days. i applied for multiple entry visa because mine was expired then I applied in bufflow & got it for one year. when I came back officer asked me to show my work permit.
ritika.

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
sharma80 said:
anyways just chill...........look forward for you wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congratulations.
I wish you will get you OPW before dec then you can fully enjoy your big day.
Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! RITIKA

Thanks sharma80! Ive been hearing news that even if u receieved your open permit you still need letter from employer?? how true is this?? Ive been calling immigration couple of times, they say that I dont need letter from employer since i hav open permit.. & they said that,its ok to be unemployed.. as long as u will not work for anyone without work permit. My work permit expired last april.. so, i dont have work permit.. PLUS... Im resigning from my job effective 1st week of july this year.

what bothers me is what i heard (which i dont know how true) say that CIC will refuse u to enter canada without letter from employer even if you have open permit?? :(

all my preparations of my wedding is frozen.. although all the bookings has been done!

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
lanz15 said:
Thanks sharma80! Ive been hearing news that even if u receieved your open permit you still need letter from employer?? how true is this?? Ive been calling immigration couple of times, they say that I dont need letter from employer since i hav open permit.. & they said that,its ok to be unemployed.. as long as u will not work for anyone without work permit. My work permit expired last april.. so, i dont have work permit.. PLUS... Im resigning from my job effective 1st week of july this year.

what bothers me is what i heard (which i dont know how true) say that CIC will refuse u to enter canada without letter from employer even if you have open permit??

all my preparations of my wedding is frozen.. although all the bookings has been done!
Congratuations! lanz15
I went back for a vacation twice in past 3 years.
I was asked for the re-entry VISA & WP. never been asked for the Employment Letter.
Hope it will help. or Call the CIC Call Centre to confirm.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
If you have OWP and you want go out of country you can..............it doesn't matter you are employed or not but you need a valid re entry visa to come back. if your work permit has expired and you are leaving the job..... then you should wait for your OPW first before leav the country. I have been to my country three times in last 22 months nobody asked me for employment letter even when i enterd in to the country first time as a live in caregiver. I hope this will help.

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Thanks joycelam & sharma80! the wedding is fast approaching, though Ive done the major preparations still, im kinda scared of what will happened. Im still working with my employer till 1st week of july. & planning to go home with my open permit on Dec. Im not going out of canada without it & a re-entry visa. My WP already expired april this year.

Although immigration told me that I dont need a letter from employer in coming back, still im kinda confused of what I heard that friends of friend went home with open permit & was not allowed to enter canada due to NO letter from employer. :(

Again, Thank you!

lanz15

aridoarikato

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-April 2011; LC2 - Aug 2013
AOR Received.
April 9, 2014
Med's Request
April 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014: Reassessment of medical -June 26, 2015
Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
sharma80 said:
Hi thanks for the reply Joy,

Could you pls let me know what will happen if i will be unemployed just after applying my PR + OWP.
I have valid work permit till Nov 2013 and my contract is finishing in 2nd sept. i am going to apply for Pr & owp on 1st of july.
I have all my family here and i have done degree in ECE from UK and british permanent resident. Can i be unemployed while waiting for my owp.
is it gona effect my application. ....ritika
Hi ritika, I am actually out of job when I applied for my PR/OWP last April this year. I stopped working by the end of my contract in Dec of 2010. I think whats important for the CIC to know is how are we gonna survive while waiting for our OWP if we are jobless. I just got married and I indicated in my application that my husband - who is a canadian citizen is supporting me for the moment. I could have taken another avenue for my PR application under the Spousal Sponsorship program but i opted to take another road which i gathered to be the better way since it is simpler and less subjective.

redraiven

Jun 21, 2011
hello people!...just new here, and wanted to join the list of "LADIES IN WAITING"
here's my progress:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 30, 2011.

We started processing your application on June 9, 2011.

We received the requested information on June 6, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

by the way, I am from Montreal. ;D

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redraiven said:
hello people!...just new here, and wanted to join the list of "LADIES IN WAITING"
here's my progress:

We received the requested information on June 6, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

Hi redraiven, what's that requested information if you don't mind? coz I didn't get any. Thanks.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
redraiven said:
here's my progress:

:) :) HI REDRAIVEN...Welcome to this forum..You have a fast timeline you are lucky they started your application that quick... :D :D

redraiven

Jun 21, 2011
@honey sweetie
...well after I mailed my application I realized I made some mistakes such as my payment for OWP is not $150.00 but just $75.00 I read the wrong instruction regarding that :'(
...so I called right away and try to correct that..they gave me instructions to where I will send the missing fee as they call it.I did it right away and that's it!...that's the requested thing from me. ;D

I am thinking of changing EMPLOYER,...really wanted to swim against the flow...I'm too tired of putting up with my high temper employer and feels that I am a victim of psychological harassment. the CIC call center say We are allowed to do so and will not complicate our application with PR.I want to do it.I will post here all my experience/s regarding that matter.

bonjour!

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
woow thats good news redraiven!

I called the immgration yesterday. :( I submiited my papers last Aug. 2010 they said i will have my open work permit on NOV :( so it looks like, I need to postpone my DEC wedding. when?? I dont know coz after the OWP, i need to wait for the PR or letter for interview & I dont want to be in the phils when they send me the letter :(

CIC is making my life & my plans all a mess! :( im so disappointed!

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
hi arido

what kind of additional information they requested from you. could you pls share with me if you don't mind.

aridoarikato said:
Hi ritika, I am actually out of job when I applied for my PR/OWP last April this year. I stopped working by the end of my contract in Dec of 2010. I think whats important for the CIC to know is how are we gonna survive while waiting for our OWP if we are jobless. I just got married and I indicated in my application that my husband - who is a canadian citizen is supporting me for the moment. I could have taken another avenue for my PR application under the Spousal Sponsorship program but i opted to take another road which i gathered to be the better way since it is simpler and less subjective.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi there,

can anybody let me know regarding the fee for OWP & how much is it how to pay it. Could you plaese pot the instruction link here. Because i was thinking that is included in the PR Fee ($ 550). I dont have any idea about it.
I will really appriciate the help in this matter.
Thanks

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi Lanz,

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!after receiving the owp there is 13 months processing time for PR. if you are going just for short period that doesn't matter. you can delay your wedding just for one or two months in case of delay in receving OWP as we know theses people are so slow. in every department they work according to ther convience. don't worry we hope / wish everything will work perfectly for you. :D

we all are wuth you!!!!!!!!!

lanz15 said:
woow thats good news redraiven!

I called the immgration yesterday. :( I submiited my papers last Aug. 2010 they said i will have my open work permit on NOV :( so it looks like, I need to postpone my DEC wedding. when?? I dont know coz after the OWP, i need to wait for the PR or letter for interview & I dont want to be in the phils when they send me the letter :(

CIC is making my life & my plans all a mess! :( im so disappointed!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@lanz-i guess all of theme are right! are you serious we will receive our open work permit by nov? my god that is way too long! i hope there will be changes around that time by next month!btw, i am a august applicant too