+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

honeysweetie

Jun 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redraiven said:
@ honey sweetie
...well after I mailed my application I realized I made some mistakes such as my payment for OWP is not $150.00 but just $75.00 I read the wrong instruction regarding that :'(
...so I called right away and try to correct that..they gave me instructions to where I will send the missing fee as they call it.I did it right away and that's it!...that's the requested thing from me. ;D

I am thinking of changing EMPLOYER,...really wanted to swim against the flow...I'm too tired of putting up with my high temper employer and feels that I am a victim of psychological harassment. the CIC call center say We are allowed to do so and will not complicate our application with PR.I want to do it.I will post here all my experience/s regarding that matter.

bonjour!
MERCI! Me too I'm on my searching for a new employer and hopefully soon be relocated to Ontario. I wish my current employer will let me finish my 1 year WP extension but unfortunately they don't need nanny anymore since the kids will be full-time in school this september )):

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
:)It is moving to March 28, 2010...
Thank God.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Yeah they updated the dates. somebody told me that they process the applications on the indvidual basis. If somebody is sposerning the familly members then they take almost full time which is 28 months. But if the case is straight forward have all the papers then they don't take that much time. who knows but they are very slow it shouldn't be like that. If the person is already in the country it means that person is not going back without getting PR. so why they are give us hard time by extending the time limit.

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
sharma80 said:
Yeah they updated the dates. somebody told me that they process the applications on the indvidual basis. If somebody is sposerning the familly members then they take almost full time which is 28 months. But if the case is straight forward have all the papers then they don't take that much time. who knows but they are very slow it shouldn't be like that. If the person is already in the country it means that person is not going back without getting PR. so why they are give us hard time by extending the time limit.
hello sharma80..where did you get your INFO about processing???? Are you been feeding us info from inside of CIC??? Please let us know where did you get all this INFO...and if you are not sure of the details or are just a GOSSIP please we don't need that...This make us more vulnerable to argument to CIC..Please be careful with your INFO ..
THANKS

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
sharma80 said:
If you have OWP and you want go out of country you can..............it doesn't matter you are employed or not but you need a valid re entry visa to come back. if your work permit has expired and you are leaving the job..... then you should wait for your OPW first before leav the country. I have been to my country three times in last 22 months nobody asked me for employment letter even when i enterd in to the country first time as a live in caregiver. I hope this will help.
::)..if you have a valid visa and you don't have present employer, its hard for us to go out of the country , even though you have a work permit but you are not already employed to the employer stated in the work permit , its difficult for us to dealt to the immigration officer, because they will check it in your data if your work permit still valid...if your employer already reported it to the immigration or hrsdc then you have a PROBLEM...because it state in the work permit that it is only valid to that certain employer, if you are not already with them then your work permit is NULL & VOID....Hope it will help to our confused friends here in this forum...
SO to my advice BETTER to wait for your open work permit before going home OR better to have another employer and a new work permit before going home or going out of Canada... :) ;D

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
dear kablas99

I have just consulted with laywer and he told me about that. Look we all are on the same boat we can't do anything about it. whatever I heard I am just sharing with you guys. There is no need to be upset. For Example: My whole family sponserd by my brother in 2008 and going through medical in my home country. I was overage and wasnt eligible in family sponsership category so I choose this way. if you go to family category they are showing working on 2007 applications. But my family was sponsered in early 2008 and going through medical. That thing cofused me quiet lot and i went to the laywer ( who handled my family's case) then he explained me every thing. he also mentioned that some times they don't show the exact timings because people bother them by calling again & again asking updates on their applications.
I know everybody is stressed regarding the processing time ...................................... but we have to go wth the system.

kablas99 said:
hello sharma80..where did you get your INFO about processing???? Are you been feeding us info from inside of CIC??? Please let us know where did you get all this INFO...and if you are not sure of the details or are just a GOSSIP please we don't need that...This make us more vulnerable to argument to CIC..Please be careful with your INFO ..
THANKS

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Thats what exactly i am saying!!!!!!!!

kablas99 said:
::)..if you have a valid visa and you don't have present employer, its hard for us to go out of the country , even though you have a work permit but you are not already employed to the employer stated in the work permit , its difficult for us to dealt to the immigration officer, because they will check it in your data if your work permit still valid...if your employer already reported it to the immigration or hrsdc then you have a PROBLEM...because it state in the work permit that it is only valid to that certain employer, if you are not already with them then your work permit is NULL & VOID....Hope it will help to our confused friends here in this forum...
SO to my advice BETTER to wait for your open work permit before going home OR better to have another employer and a new work permit before going home or going out of Canada... :) ;D

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
redraiven said:
@ honey sweetie
...well after I mailed my application I realized I made some mistakes such as my payment for OWP is not $150.00 but just $75.00 I read the wrong instruction regarding that :'(
...so I called right away and try to correct that..they gave me instructions to where I will send the missing fee as they call it.I did it right away and that's it!...that's the requested thing from me. ;D

I am thinking of changing EMPLOYER,...really wanted to swim against the flow...I'm too tired of putting up with my high temper employer and feels that I am a victim of psychological harassment. the CIC call center say We are allowed to do so and will not complicate our application with PR.I want to do it.I will post here all my experience/s regarding that matter.

bonjour!
payment for OWP is $150 plus PR $550 total $700 unless you have children 150 each and a husband another $550

when did you submit your application? im also from montreal

roseflower

Jun 22, 2011
redraiven said:

I sent my PR and OWP application on the 3rd of November 2010, i did not extend my work permit because the immigration said that it`s fine as long as I am still working the same employer,so my work permit expired Nov. 04 and my OHIP also expired the date with my work permit. Now my problem is I was diagnose with Gallstone on the 30th of January this year and was attacked again on the 29 of May this year so I spent my own money because my OHIP was expired. My employer and decided to renew my work permit so that I can renew my OHIP once i got my work permit, I sent my application for work permit extension on the 18th of February and they recived on the 23rd the same month until now i dont have my work permit.
My canadian want to help me out this problem, now my question is: if i will get married with him can i get OHIP right away? i dont think so but i need more idea :)

roseflower

Jun 22, 2011
JoyceLam said:
Hi, sharma80. I haven't get any letter from CIC yet.

Hello everyone, I sent my application Nov. 01,2010
received Nov.03, 2010
Start processing Dec.20,2010
until now i did not received anything from immigration

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
Hi roseflower! I think you cant. Accdg to immigration... after you get married, your canadian hubby will sponsor you & it will take 18 months for the processing. Im not sure about the law now.. what Im talking is Ive done research last 2008 coz i was in your same situation at that time :D

take care

sarah cunanan

Feb 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@roseflower i live on bc. bc health will let u b a dependent of a canadian citizen. u will b under his medicare if u are married or common law. thats 4 implied status. im not sure bout d rest

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Wed, again...
Hope ::)

BOYZONE2

Feb 6, 2011
TORONTO,ONTARO
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEBRUARY 10,2010
Interview........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke ,ON.
LANDED..........
27-09-2012 CIC Etobicoke,ON. Received PR CARD: 27-11-2012
Hi everyone, i am an open work permit status and waiting for my pr approval , i just comeback from vacation and i just want to share with you what the lady border officer at the Toronto Pearson International Airport told me about this letter of employment that some of our fellow foreign workers are saying that it is needed or a requirement before you enter canada,i ask the the lady border officer if it is really necessary for me to show to her my letter of employment from my employer and same with other foreign workers inspite of having a valid work permit ,and she answered me very politely that THEY DON'T NEED ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR THE PASSPORT, RE-ENTRY VISA,EMBARKATION CARD,AIRLINE BOARDING PASS NUMBER AND VALID WORKING PERMIT! i do hope that this would enlighten everybody that are planning to go out of Canada for vacation.