+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregiver PR application sent in 2011 timeline, Welcome...

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
sharma80 said:
Hi,

I would like to ask you about your application status. did you here anything about your open work permit? I am going to apply for pr + owp soon.
I am also so nervous. i am new to this site. Could you please let me know how long it will take to get open work permit.
thanks very much
ritika.
Hi, sharma80. It takes 14-15 months to get the OWP right now.
It might be faster or slower, nobody knows.
But don't worried. we are all here together.
the weekly updates are shown on this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
wsongco said:
i think they only working on the newly received application forms. like data encoding and checking if your paper application is complete or not... if not they will return the papers to you..like one of my colleagues friend..she submit her paper in feb 2011 and in mid May she got them back because of incompete form..so meaning to say they just accept and accept forms and payments ($$$) but no results. they are not different from scamers who promise us this and that. who ever is responsible for this ... :mad:
oh, it's better to infor us earlier. I was worried about if they open the envelop when they are really working on it. If it got return. it will be a nightmare.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi thanks for the reply Joy,

Could you pls let me know what will happen if i will be unemployed just after applying my PR + OWP.
I have valid work permit till Nov 2013 and my contract is finishing in 2nd sept. i am going to apply for Pr & owp on 1st of july.
I have all my family here and i have done degree in ECE from UK and british permanent resident. Can i be unemployed while waiting for my owp.
is it gona effect my application. i am single applicant and also have shared property in canada. I chose this way so i can get my PR and stay with my family for eorever. Now i am very stressed about it.

Thanks very much
ritika

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
sharma80 said:
Hi thanks for the reply Joy,

Could you pls let me know what will happen if i will be unemployed just after applying my PR + OWP.
I have valid work permit till Nov 2013 and my contract is finishing in 2nd sept. i am going to apply for Pr & owp on 1st of july.
I have all my family here and i have done degree in ECE from UK and british permanent resident. Can i be unemployed while waiting for my owp.
is it gona effect my application. i am single applicant and also have shared property in canada. I chose this way so i can get my PR and stay with my family for eorever. Now i am very stressed about it.

Thanks very much
ritika
Hi, ritika. If u are unemployed, u could apply for EI as long as ur current WP is still valid . It won't effect ur application.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi Joy,

Thanks very much the reply. I don't want to apply for EI as i don't wana go for that. May be it will effect my application if i invlove canada revenue and seeking for assistant etc. Somebody told me that if you provide all the documents properly & satisfy the immgration officer then it may take 5 to 7 months to issue an open work permit. it depends, we are just assuming.

Lets do pray altogther & wish for good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ritika

JoyceLam said:
Hi, ritika. If u are unemployed, u could apply for EI as long as ur current WP is still valid . It won't effect ur application.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Joy, Did you get any acknowledgement letter from cic after applying for pr + owp.

JoyceLam said:

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi there,

Can anbody me about the about following document:

Option C Printout from your date of entry into the Live-in Caregiver Program (this document may be obtained free of charge from the CRA by calling 1-800-959-8281)

Do I need this document if i apply my PR + OPW under option 2. How long it will take to obtain this document as i have only two weeks left to finish my 22 months.

Another question, Do i need ROE even my employer providing me Employer Declaration of hours Worked as i worked under same employer since i came into this country.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
sharma80 said:
Hi there,

Can anbody me about the about following document:

Option C Printout from your date of entry into the Live-in Caregiver Program (this document may be obtained free of charge from the CRA by calling 1-800-959-8281)

Do I need this document if i apply my PR + OPW under option 2. How long it will take to obtain this document as i have only two weeks left to finish my 22 months.

Another question, Do i need ROE even my employer providing me Employer Declaration of hours Worked as i worked under same employer since i came into this country.
Hi, sharma80.
Yes, we need the Option C. It takes 5-10 2-3 weeks to receive.
If you work for the same employer you don't need a ROE.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
sharma80 said:
Joy, Did you get any acknowledgement letter from cic after applying for pr + owp.
Hi, sharma80. I haven't get any letter from CIC yet.

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
HI JOY,

thanks for the reply. I guss you will be getting a acknoledgement letter soon if they satisfy with all the pappers you provided. May be its delayed because of postal strike. I called CRA today they sending me through mail and could be delayed because of strike. I have all the papers but i am stuck because of postal strike. any ways.

Thanks Ritika.

JoyceLam said:
Hi, sharma80. I haven't get any letter from CIC yet.

lanz15

Mar 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
04-10-2012
sharma80 said:
HI JOY,

thanks for the reply. I guss you will be getting a acknoledgement letter soon if they satisfy with all the pappers you provided. May be its delayed because of postal strike. I called CRA today they sending me through mail and could be delayed because of strike. I have all the papers but i am stuck because of postal strike. any ways.

Thanks Ritika.
Hi sharma!! oh.. I didnt know that they send acknowledgement letter.. i thought after you submitted papers.. & they are done checking they will send u ur OWP? I received a letter from them last march asking for addtl info.. do u have any idea what will happend next?? I submitted my papers last aug 2010.. & honestly.. Im plan od going home dec this year to get married :(

thanks

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello everyone! after sending all the application of OWP and PR, you wont receive anything if you have all the application complete, you wont receive acknowledgement letter either, the best thing is to call the hotline to ask about your application, hope it helps!

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
Hi lanz,

I am not sure actually i just read on cic website saying that they will send an acknowledgement letter if yes then start processing . i was just checking if somebody got it. if you sumitted your papers last aug it means nearly 10 months then you should be getting something soon. if you are going home just make sure you have a valid work permit + multiple entry visa. Because last month i just went to my home country for 15days. i applied for multiple entry visa because mine was expired then I applied in bufflow & got it for one year. when I came back officer asked me to show my work permit.
ritika.

lanz15 said:
Hi sharma!! oh.. I didnt know that they send acknowledgement letter.. i thought after you submitted papers.. & they are done checking they will send u ur OWP? I received a letter from them last march asking for addtl info.. do u have any idea what will happend next?? I submitted my papers last aug 2010.. & honestly.. Im plan od going home dec this year to get married :(

thanks

sharma80

Jun 18, 2011
thanks very much for letting us know. I was assuming that they will send the owp with that letter. I thought I will get the opw within three to six months but its looks not easy even I told my employer that I am not extending my work contract as I have fullfilled all the PR requirments. It means if my opw comes after 10 12 months I have to be unemployed that long. Its gona be terrible. I have work permit valid till NOV 2013 I hope if i am unemployed its not gona effect my application as JOY said.

rosellyalung said:
hello everyone! after sending all the application of OWP and PR, you wont receive anything if you have all the application complete, you wont receive acknowledgement letter either, the best thing is to call the hotline to ask about your application, hope it helps!