17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
01 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
12-12-12
ACNA Canada said:
Calling all Live in caregivers in BC !!

Live in caregiver Town Hall meeting with Jinny Sims, NDP Immigration Critic:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]July 14, 2012 from 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Delta Assist community Centre
9097 - 120 St Street ( Scott Road )
Delta, BC
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

outlook2011

Star Member
Sep 23, 2011
Shelleonn said:
Your the one who has to follow up your application because your the primary applicant and had the client id number,you can put your file number when you make a follow up so the CEM can easily find your file,you have to inform them ASAP coz you have to sen the LC2 info to them in 15 days since the time they call you,good luck
Thanks Shelleon. I will send an email to CEM on Monday.I hope they will give me hope so that it will lesser my worries.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Strikenannies said:
Hey!!

I'm single applicant and nothing until now. I believe that something is coming up and we don't know what..I can't even check my ecas...

I'm almost 21 months now.
no access to my ecas which makes me worry

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi job_seeker,

I m caregiver.i applied PR/OWP in DEc/2011 and got owp in march /2012.i have question that my WP expire on feb/2014.and my owp expire on march/2016.i didn't extend my SIN(Socal insurance number)afer getting OWP because my SIN expire on feb/2014.if i don't extend my SIN then canada revenue agancy take action,,why i don't extend my SIN after getting OWP?

aridoarikato

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LC1-April 2011; LC2 - Aug 2013
AOR Received.
April 9, 2014
Med's Request
April 9, 2014
Med's Done....
May 29, 2014: Reassessment of medical -June 26, 2015
Interview........
Aug. 25, 2015
Passport Req..
Aug. 11, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 5, 2015 (delivered 10/24/15) valid up to 04/10/16
LANDED..........
LC1 -Aug.25, 2015; LC2 - Dec. 22, 2015
Aman82 said:
Hi job_seeker,

I m caregiver.i applied PR/OWP in DEc/2011 and got owp in march /2012.i have question that my WP expire on feb/2014.and my owp expire on march/2016.i didn't extend my SIN(Socal insurance number)afer getting OWP because my SIN expire on feb/2014.if i don't extend my SIN then canada revenue agancy take action,,why i don't extend my SIN after getting OWP?
You have to inform the Service Canada of your new status (OWP) and that you are done with the LIC Program. You will still be given the same number but the important thing is you that you have updated your new status with them.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Go to service canada so your SIN can get updated to be co-terminus with your OWP expiration.

Aman82 said:
Hi job_seeker,

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
aridoarikato said:
You have to inform the Service Canada of your new status (OWP) and that you are done with the LIC Program. You will still be given the same number but the important thing is you that you have updated your new status with them.
Hi,
i am still staying with my employer.can i give my prevoius address?i looking for job that's why i m staying with them.

maryanne22

Jul 5, 2012
TO
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
january 2012
magandang araw, we're thingking the same ;D pero sana nga totoo, still no change on my ecas, it is still application recieve.... i will have to wait until the end of this month(hoping a development on my ecas) after thati might email or call the center, kasi january2012 lang yung application ko,.... sana my new information ka na ..goodluck :)
dodododo said:
Hi maryanne22,

I have the situation here, I applied PR and OWP in Nov 2011, and I got my work permit in Feb 2012. the remark on my permit is LIC pending apr which is normal. I applied an OWP for my husband ( who was a student in Canada) in March 2012 and got his OWP in April 2012 which has the same expire date as mine. but the remark on his OWP is different--application for permanent residence has recieve initial approval. We thought they made a mistake or sth because it's only been 5 months since we applied and they already gave us a initial approval? I am so confused.And when i check my Ecas it's still application received in Nov,2011.

ustian

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Datamira said:
Can someone share the information about meeting?

I attended this meeting. you know, there were 6 women from china, me and 2!!! other women, they didn't share their stories. and most of the people from this part of forum are Filipino caregivers, there are thousands of caregivers here in Vancouver. I am just guessing, why nobody attended this meeting???????????? all of us posting all the time, how unfair the immigration system is, how long this processing time is, how we miss our families back home and nobody wants to do something!!!! shame on you!!!!!!!! after the meeting with Jinny Sims in Toronto I asked on this forum if somebody could share the information, nobody replied me..............

akina green

Star Member
Sep 1, 2011
ustian said:
I attended this meeting. you know, there were 6 women from china, me and 2!!! other women, they didn't share their stories. and most of the people from this part of forum are Filipino caregivers, there are thousands of caregivers here in Vancouver. I am just guessing, why nobody attended this meeting???????????? all of us posting all the time, how unfair the immigration system is, how long this processing time is, how we miss our families back home and nobody wants to do something!!!! shame on you!!!!!!!! after the meeting with Jinny Sims in Toronto I asked on this forum if somebody could share the information, nobody replied me..............
i'm so sorry for that,,i'm a bit far,,i'm here in Toronto.. :(

kemoya22

Jun 11, 2011
i agree as well i was at the meeting in toronto and one of the caregivers who stood up to tell their story. i was very surprised to see the poor turn out. i kept asking after the meeting what next???? why cant we all come together and stand for this issue thats affecting all of us?????!!!!! I am so dissapointed because no one wants to fight. they all very comfortable complaining in this forum but hardly anyone was willing to stand up and do something about it. How can we expect change if we are not willing to demand it!!!! when i heard of this meeting i marked it on my calender well in advance. i told all my caregiver friends to come, i thought other were doing the same but i was wrong. the sad thing is I am not from the Phillipines, I have no kids nor am i married i am engaged to a canadian citizen yet i am willing to stand up for fairness and demand what is ours!!!! A decision needs to be made, either we are going to stop complaining and just accept the sysytem the way it is or unite and demand what is right fully ours!!!!