+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

Mackie19

May 16, 2012
Hi! I have a question. I was applying for my PR which received on march 10,2011 and open on april 7, 2011. I got my OWP last dec 2011. My cousin told me that the immigration mailed my 1st employer (who sponsored me here in canada.( I got 2employer before i got my 24mos). They're neighbors my cousin and my previous employer. I had arguement with my previous employer and they were so upset when i left them. I stayed with them for 4mos. I was so worried that she may give a bad comments against me, though it just a questionaire. Do guys think it can affect in my application? Is anybody here has the same situation as mine?

cats_lover

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
ellejnoc said:
i finally got my open working permit..i sent my application on jan.20, they acknowledged it on jan 23..goodluck to all who are still waiting for your owp..god is so good!!!
Congrats!! When were you able to check your ecas?

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Mackie19 said:
Hi! I have a question. I was applying for my PR which received on march 10,2011 and open on april 7, 2011. I got my OWP last dec 2011. My cousin told me that the immigration mailed my 1st employer (who sponsored me here in canada.( I got 2employer before i got my 24mos). They're neighbors my cousin and my previous employer. I had arguement with my previous employer and they were so upset when i left them. I stayed with them for 4mos. I was so worried that she may give a bad comments against me, though it just a questionaire. Do guys think it can affect in my application? Is anybody here has the same situation as mine?
Hi I never heard they mailed questionnaire to previous employer. If so can you get some copy and post here in the forum. Did you add your 4 months work with them as part of your 24 months employment?

I read long time ago on this forum that her employer received a call from CIC asking or confirming if she really work as a live in. Then after the call she got her PR. I dont recall which thread I read that.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Hi,
Can we sponsor our sister-in-law as live in caregiver ?

Can you please advice what type of approved course she need to do ?

At last what should be our minimum income to Sponser someone as live in caregiver ?

Thanks

ying888

Star Member
Nov 12, 2010
hi, dear all, just found one newspaper would interview with Kenny and question him , so they are collecting the questions to him now. I think probably that's for the skilled worker class voiced out, but if we live in caregivers send them the letters show how much we are suffering by having to be away from our loved ones and waiting for pr for so many years , do you guys think it is one more chance to show people cic treat live in caregivers unfair
pls email to this address:
tips @ mingpaovan.com

lets make our voice to be heard again

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
ying888 said:
hi, dear all, just found one newspaper would interview with Kenny and question him , so they are collecting the questions to him now. I think probably that's for the skilled worker class voiced out, but if we live in caregivers send them the letters show how much we are suffering by having to be away from our loved ones and waiting for pr for so many years , do you guys think it is one more chance to show people cic treat live in caregivers unfair
tips @ mingpaovan.com

It will be perfect. I sent already letter to this address - BUT it is comes back
Is it correct email address?

Kalinka

Jul 17, 2011
Canada, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2010
TO ALL CAREGIVAERS

Notice!!!
EFFECTIVE June 01, 2012, The Canadian Visa office in Seattle will no longer offer in-person immigration services
Applications for all business lines including TRV, Study Permits, Work Permits,TR Permits and PR Travel Documents must be made by mail only
Please note that the visa office in Seattle will be not longer return any documents using any courier services.
Please read the site

I sent my passport for TRV on April 13th 2012 and got back my passport with TRV today, May 17, 2012 with this new rules.

Datamira

Oct 4, 2011
ying888 said:
tips @ mingpaovan.com

And it will be also great if our employers would write them too! I am sure many of them completely disagree with this horribly long waiting time for our PR status. And plus, this waiting game affects them also because few and few care-in-givers coming to the country.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Cherrycanada said:
Live-in Caregiver Program
Step 1 Initial Assessment - 22-23 months
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp
wow....... what is that??? It was always (for a couple months) 17-18 months....

deira

Sep 27, 2011
It is way way way tooooo mmuuuccchhhh.. Bring it on guys we have to do something.. Specially for those who are waiting for more than 20 months like me... How many we are here in toronto Im pretty sure our number is good enough to be heard if we do a protest.. Please guys lets do something..

kablas99

Star Member
Dec 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 10, 2010
Doc's Request.
UPDATE : AUG 16, 2011
Nomination.....
OWP : DEC 10, 2011
AOR Received.
AIP : FEB 6, 2013
File Transfer...
LC2 KIT MARCH 4, 2013
Med's Request
LC2 : Nov, 2013
Med's Done....
LC2 : Dec 5 2013
Interview........
LC1 : Feb.12, 2014 Landed Immigrant Status
Passport Req..
LC2 : Jan 7, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 : WAITING
LANDED..........
LC1 : Waiting
deira said:
It is way way way tooooo mmuuuccchhhh.. Bring it on guys we have to do something.. Specially for those who are waiting for more than 20 months like me... How many we are here in toronto Im pretty sure our number is good enough to be heard if we do a protest.. Please guys lets do something..
Guys lets start again what we started last year...WE NEED OUR VOICE.. :)

Birdy

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
cats_lover said:
Congrats!! When were you able to check your ecas?
Hey, what's going on? Is there anything new ?? Mine is nothing still quiet! :(
Please come soon opw..... I need to apply for jobs , I am so suffering :(

taynee

Star Member
Feb 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherrycanada said:
Live-in Caregiver Program
Step 1 Initial Assessment - 22-23 months
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-other.asp
i checked this too just now... i cant believe this, truly, makes me wanna cry and cry. I just sent my PR application last week. I miss my son terribly.