Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP/ PR 02-04-12
WinniePooh said:
Hi, guys! I'm live-in-caregiver from Vancouver.I've got OWP and waiting for PR. Now I want to visit my mom in USA. 5 years ago I had unlucky experience with USA visa (I was visitor in Canada and was refused bcz have relatives in USA). Do I have chance to get USA visa now? What do you advise me? Thanks a lot!
Hello! I live in Vancouver too. I just got my US visa without having an OWP or PR. Maybe you will be lucky now that you have the OWP.
Can you share your timeline with us please? I sent my papers at the end of march and still they havent updated my application status.

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
Thanks, cats_lover!You are so kind! I've send application OWP&PR on 15 december 2011,it've been recieved 19 December. I got OWP dated 30th March after 3,5 months waiting.

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
The girls that had sent their PR application in 2010, Who has received their PR or at lest interview letter already?
I just turned 18 months and nothing...seems forever...

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Strikenannies said:
The petition is still on but anyone sign up for awhile...how fight for faster PR if nobody even sign up for it.
Hi Strikenannies, I'm ready to sign up and fight for faster PR. Where are you, in what city? My app is still ahead. I will apply this November. But looking at this situation with OWP, PR... I can't sit still. We are all in the same shoes, let's get together.

LC.Calgary

Apr 23, 2012
Strikenannies said:
The girls that had sent their PR application in 2010, Who has received their PR or at lest interview letter already?
I just turned 18 months and nothing...seems forever...
That's really bad, so long waiting...
I have a friend. she applied July 2010, got her OWP Sept.2011 and PR the next month right away.

dodododo

May 1, 2012
Hello all!

So glad I found this forum! I am new here and I wanna share my time line with you.I'm married and my husband is a student in canada.I'm in vancouver. CIC received my PR and OWP application on Nov 16th, 2011. issued my open work permit on Feb 22nd ,2012. I checked my application status using the CIC online tool, it still only showing application received ,still not in process after 5 and half months. Anyone has the same problem? Is there anything wrong with my app or it's normal? thank you so much :-* :-* :-*

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
LC.Calgary said:
That's really bad, so long waiting...
I have a friend. she applied July 2010, got her OWP Sept.2011 and PR the next month right away.
Hey LC Calgary, thanks for reply...Did your friend receive an interview letter or have done the interview already? Is she single?

I'm in Vancouver...

WinniePooh

Apr 8, 2012
dodododo said:
Hello all!

So glad I found this forum! I am new here and I wanna share my time line with you.I'm married and my husband is a student in canada.I'm in vancouver. CIC received my PR and OWP application on Nov 16th, 2011. issued my open work permit on Feb 22nd ,2012. I checked my application status using the CIC online tool, it still only showing application received ,still not in process after 5 and half months. Anyone has the same problem? Is there anything wrong with my app or it's normal? thank you so much :-* :-* :-*

I have the same status. It's normal. It means - You are in process. When you check status, on last page, you can get explanation below, click "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada".

dodododo

May 1, 2012
Strikenannies said:
Hey LC Calgary, thanks for reply...Did your friend receive an interview letter or have done the interview already? Is she single?

I'm in Vancouver...
maybe I can answer your question. one of my live-in caregiver friend, who is single, applied PR and OWP in May,2010. she got her owp and interview letter in September,2011. The interview letter ask her to have the final interview at vancouver downtown office. But when she get there, there's no interview, they already made their decision to approve her PR. She said there are more than 10 people like her waiting outside the room.when they go in, there are papers on tables waiting for them to sign. after that the office will say congratulations ,you will receive your PR card by mail. Will this help you?

dodododo

May 1, 2012
WinniePooh said:
I have the same status. It's normal. It means - You are in process. When you check status, on last page, you can get explanation below, click "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada".
Thank you winniepooh! such a release!

Strikenannies

Oct 4, 2011
dodododo said:
maybe I can answer your question. one of my live-in caregiver friend, who is single, applied PR and OWP in May,2010. she got her owp and interview letter in September,2011. The interview letter ask her to have the final interview at vancouver downtown office. But when she get there, there's no interview, they already made their decision to approve her PR. She said there are more than 10 people like her waiting outside the room.when they go in, there are papers on tables waiting for them to sign. after that the office will say congratulations ,you will receive your PR card by mail. Will this help you?
dododo

Thanks for your answer, but actually I was asking about how long did take for her to go for the interview? I got my OWP in november last year...

I haven't received anything or any update in my status...

dodododo

May 1, 2012
Strikenannies said:
dododo

Thanks for your answer, but actually I was asking about how long did take for her to go for the interview? I got my OWP in november last year...

I haven't received anything or any update in my status...
she got her interview letter 2 weeks after she got her open work permit, went to the interview about 10 days after receive the interview letter。