Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Monalizy said:
CIC is something else,even though they have started with April application ,they still cant move the update away from March. SOmebody who sent her application last April 2010 has decision made already.
Hi, Monalizy. What does the ' decision made' mean? It means First stage approval or second?
Thank you.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
OMG... just now u can access ur file in ecas..really their unbelievable.
they are funny (cic) i tried everyday to check my applications but never let me access, and just today finally I can access now online thats why I keep phoning them atleast every once a month, and that lessen my frustration... :(

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
JoyceLam said:
Hi, Monalizy. What does the ' decision made' mean? It means First stage approval or second?
Thank you.
it means they are done with first stage and they are sending your AIP and OWP.

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Monalizy said:
[/quot

What's an AIP?

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
Monalizy said:
Thank you. Monalizy.
Does everyone get DM when she get OWP?
I guess AIP is Approval In Principal. Am I right?

bbggliz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it me, or it looks like everytime you call CIC they say something different? I also called CIC a few months ago asking if I can apply for another WP with same employer, they said NO because I already submit my OWP application and I can not have two applications for WP. They told me I can still work for the same employer as I was before, with no problem, same deductions, same everything. Of course!, but they don't understand that sooner or later (before we get OWP) the Medical Insurance is going to expire and we have nothing to do about it.

Isn't that sooo frustrating??. I really really hope they are just not updating website right, and that they are checking May already. That's my wish.

Good luck everyone.

JoyceLam

Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2011
AOR Received.
Apr-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2013
LANDED..........
Jan-2014
bbggliz said:
Is it me, or it looks like everytime you call CIC they say something different? I also called CIC a few months ago asking if I can apply for another WP with same employer, they said NO because I already submit my OWP application and I can not have two applications for WP. They told me I can still work for the same employer as I was before, with no problem, same deductions, same everything. Of course!, but they don't understand that sooner or later (before we get OWP) the Medical Insurance is going to expire and we have nothing to do about it.

Isn't that sooo frustrating??. I really really hope they are just not updating website right, and that they are checking May already. That's my wish.

Good luck everyone.
Hi,bbggliz. yes. you are right. we need to renew the WP. we can stay with a expired Medical Insurance. it is a kind of risk.
I called the CIC and told them my Medical Insurance will be expired soon. then they suggested me to renew my work permit. even I already submitted my PR & OWP application.
Coz the postal workers were on strike, my WP is still on the way...

Bambiegirl

May 18, 2011
Different agent ..different opinion. They dont understand the life and the struggles of a live in caregiver because they dont listen...they dont investigate whats going on.

Just like to share a story. If one or any of your friend or you know somebody who is in the same situation as this please advise them that its not ok to be used and abused.
I met a LiC during the Canada Day Celebration. Her employer migrated from (country-dont want to mention) to Canada and she comes along with them but for the whole 2 years she was paid $500/month. And she said "its okey im done with them"...Is it? I thought some caregivers are exaggerating the news about the wage theft claiming the salary owed by the employer but when i met this lady...i know it is really happening because we let it happen. Keep in mind that there's no abusive employers if you wont let abuse happen. Know your rights and stand by it!

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pat1181 said:
I was about to paste that same link here about "The Nanny Business"..maybe we can send her our letter. Can you help me search for the right contact details of Susan McClelland.
I posted the video on my facebook so that it will give some idea to all our kababayans who are planning to come over here in a future and I email Ms. Susan McClelland and ask some favor if she can help us once again, and also I give this website to her as well so she can read all our agonnies, but haven't heard any reply from her yet. Once I receive a reply from her I will post in here.
Hope we can get some help again to speed up our status..We deserve to have our OWP/PR as we earned that one..

http://www.globalnews.ca/Video+Nanny+Business/3250476/story.html

surenderJeet

Nov 24, 2010
I am in Edmonton. Any candidate who work in IT software computer and looking job?.

I can refer some opening if you want to apply.

Send me a PM inbox message.

Thanks,
SurenderJeet

Nanny16

Jul 5, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This situation is revolting! We need to do something about it. I can't put up with these processing times anymore!
It's literally making me sick, and the worst part is, I can't go to the doc 'cos I don't have a health card!
It is ridiculous! They can't play with people's life like this! We don't really know how much longer it might take the first
stage approval, they take one month to add one more day in that website!

I am devastated!

PS: Does anybody know a good prayer? ::)

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Hello everyone! all we have to do is we can check who is our local MP of our place and from there, they can here our agonies, try writing letters, as for me, i did that and the MP called me for a meeting to talk about the issue that we are experiencing right now, in that way they know it is hard on our part, if somebody came from edmonton , you can contact mike lake, MP make a letter to him and surely he will deal with it, this is his website, www.mikelake.ca, let's make it work

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys

We need to advertise this website openly to the public so that the Canada Gov't. can read all our agonies about our documents.. Lets Paste the link of this website to diff. website especially to all government website. We need to act in unity this time, Im sure we have lots of kababayans who are suffering for sickness and no more money to support their daily needs rightnow, coz we have no source of income... So we need to act now!!!
I already put this website link on facebook.... so pls.pls.lets do this all!! :mad:
God will bless us all!!!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
ok hardwork angel, do you know who is your MP in your place? you can personally talk to him about our situation they can help, i did taht i wrote a letter from all of us and i personally told them our agonies

khalsaa

Mar 24, 2011
hi ...
i have one question ...please let me know that after send the application of PR ...is there necessary that i have to work for same employer untill i get my open work permit ? or as employer do not need me any more ...