+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

cardcraw

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, My sister in law applied for PR February of last year and received a letter for interview on the 26 of July. I am very happy for her and my brother and my nephew. They will be here by latest September. This has motivated me to carry on, I applied for PR December 31, 2010

I have decide to write to Minister Kenny and will be doing so several time for the day everyday sending the same email until I get my PR. If we bombard their office with the same message every time I am sure they will eventually get the message. Let us all write to him everyday, just save the email and forward it everyday until they get the message. PLEASE JOIN ME

Here is the email I sent:
As a live in caregiver working in Canada I have found this job both rewarding and extremely stressful. Before entering the program approval in principle was only 6 months now that time is now 15 months. As caregivers we check the website every Wednesday and every Wednesday we are disappointed and heart broken. Every Wednesday we have to say to say to our children, husband and family that we cant see them any time soon. We do not make unreasonable demands, all we want is that the processing time be done in a fair and timely manner.

The processing times makes many caregivers discouraged and not motivated to work to their fullest potential to provide care. We leave our families behind to take care of Canadian families and at the end of the day we have to suffer long with anticipation as it currently takes 15 plus 13 months for our case to be decided. This we see as unfair.

I have attached a link to a forum by caregivers where many caregivers express their anguish. Please could someone take a look and read how difficult and torturing the processing times seem to be for us. HELP US!!

LCPcaregiver

Star Member
Jun 16, 2011
CALLING ALL CAREGIVERS :

You need to write to Minister Kenney's office every day . He promised all the caregivers across Canada speedier
PR last year and now it is taking a lot longer and we are apart from our families so much longer.

minister@cic.gc.ca
jason.kenney@parl.gc.ca
Kenney.J@parl.gc.ca

Monalizy

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-5-2012
Doc's Request.
RFPR nov 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 18. 2012 bcos I withdrew
Med's Done....
20-03-2012 2nd med April 29th 2013
Interview........
1st visa issuance Dec 19,2012
Passport Req..
2nd visa issuance June 5,2013
VISA ISSUED...
June 12,2013
LANDED..........
June 17,2013
I believe they are workng on April Applications already and i wont be surprise if they are done with first and second stage approval cos an applicant who applied April had decision made already,so whatever craps they have on their update should not bother you anymore but YES our voice still need to be heard.

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cardcraw said:
Hello everyone, My sister in law applied for PR February of last year and received a letter for interview on the 26 of July. I am very happy for her and my brother and my nephew. They will be here by latest September. This has motivated me to carry on, I applied for PR December 31, 2010

I have decide to write to Minister Kenny and will be doing so several time for the day everyday sending the same email until I get my PR. If we bombard their office with the same message every time I am sure they will eventually get the message. Let us all write to him everyday, just save the email and forward it everyday until they get the message. PLEASE JOIN ME

Here is the email I sent:
As a live in caregiver working in Canada I have found this job both rewarding and extremely stressful. Before entering the program approval in principle was only 6 months now that time is now 15 months. As caregivers we check the website every Wednesday and every Wednesday we are disappointed and heart broken. Every Wednesday we have to say to say to our children, husband and family that we cant see them any time soon. We do not make unreasonable demands, all we want is that the processing time be done in a fair and timely manner.

The processing times makes many caregivers discouraged and not motivated to work to their fullest potential to provide care. We leave our families behind to take care of Canadian families and at the end of the day we have to suffer long with anticipation as it currently takes 15 plus 13 months for our case to be decided. This we see as unfair.

I have attached a link to a forum by caregivers where many caregivers express their anguish. Please could someone take a look and read how difficult and torturing the processing times seem to be for us. HELP US!!
I will surely do that!!! I might just copy this letters of yours!!! thanks!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
I will do that again, i have talk to the MP of my place and I have surely made him know how hard is the waiting time killing us, my employer supported me to come with me in the meeting, The MP (Minister of Parliament) is a constituent of Mr Kenney also

kishia

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2010
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Med's Request
Aug 29, 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 18, 2012
Interview........
Dec 19, 2012 @ CIC Vancouver
Passport Req..
Nov 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07, 2013
LANDED..........
Ok guyz noted! I will do that too for the sake of our FAMILY REUNIFICATION...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US! GOD BLESS!!! ;) ;) ;)

kishia

Star Member
Feb 17, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2010
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Med's Request
Aug 29, 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 18, 2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
Nov 27, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07, 2013
LANDED..........
@cardcraw:
Thanks for the info! by d way, when did your sister in law get her OWP? :)

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LCPcaregiver said:
CALLING ALL CAREGIVERS :

You need to write to Minister Kenney's office every day . He promised all the caregivers across Canada speedier
PR last year and now it is taking a lot longer and we are apart from our families so much longer.

minister @ cic.gc.ca
jason.kenney @ parl.gc.ca
Kenney.J @ parl.gc.ca
Hey I tried to email mr.kenney but this email address won't work...:(

destiny14

Feb 16, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cardcraw, if she got her OWP last march den this month she''ll be having her PR interview? Wow! good for her she's lucky! how about her family? they're done with the medical? thank you!

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
ying888 said:
Hi guys, I am very sick. For now I can't sleep for 3 nights and almost 4 days now, feel like I am dying.
Tell you what happened to me last night.
My employer has parkinson disease and kind of dementia, has falls a lot, sometimes I was waken up by alarm, I tried my best to lift him up. some times my days off, I called the family , they always let me try first, because they didn't want to come over at midnight. For many months like this , I have trouble for sleep now, can you imagine, when you just fall in sleep , then you hear the alarm screaming or big crash sounds at very quiet midnight, how do you feel?
And now also my shoulder, arms and back all got hurt, I told them I couldn't work here anymore and gave the doctor's notice. They were not happy but still arranged some workers come every morning and evening for totally 5 hours instead of 2 hours before, I work the rest time of the day, Because my employer can't be alone now.
Last Friday night he had four falls, I called the the two sons alternatively, but myself can't sleep again , any noise just makes me feel like he had falls. Saturday night, he didn't have falls, but I could not sleep I went downstairs to check him 3 times . Yesterday afternoon I told them I would like to find somewhere else to sleep over because I couldn't sleep in this house, my heart is so weak . They were very mad and said why I called my friend first and just inform them, I told them Monday and Tuesday are my days off, and I had a lot to be done, I need some sleep on Sunday night, I would leave after work and their dad would be alone after the worker left at 8:30pm.
They didn't let me finish my words and shut off the phone so I didn't dare leave. almost 9:00pm , they came and asked why I was still here, I explained , they said they had already arranged a worker come and stay overnight , before that, they would watch their dad, the wife said to me she left her dad to come over, I said I did my best , I just need some sleep, also they didn't pay me for that, they said : YES, we don't pay you overnight ,but free room and board meant you should not sleep somewhere else but here.
I tried my best to stay because I only have 5 days left to work here. They said they would give me refference but now do you guys think she would still like to give me refference? My friend told me she would not give me that and I should go to TRANSITION HOUSE for help , do you guys think I should do that?
upset upset.

I can't think everything properly right now, for more than 72 hours sleepless, what can I say?
wait for the last day of your work, then if they will not give you a referrence thats fine as long as you have an ROE.its important.

destiny14

Feb 16, 2011
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waiting agony said:
Hello everyone:
Just noted this update in my CIC online information.......

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 6, 2010.

We started processing your application on June 18, 2010.

Medical results have been received. (NEW)

A decision has been made and you will be contacted."(NEW)

Does anybody know how long it takes for CIC to contact you after a decision has been made??? I hope this is good news!!!! Please share your insight if you have received this as well??

Thank you....
Hi! good for you, do you have dependants? thanks...

hardwokerAngel

May 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetchad said:
wait for the last day of your work, then if they will not give you a referrence thats fine as long as you have an ROE.its important.
If you did patiently doing that before you can still do that for 5 days..Don't give up 5 days is soon to be done..after that your free, don't worry about reference as long as you have your ROE. just help your self by eating, so your body will not be weaky even you don't have proper sleep..The next time he fell in his bed,especially if he fell during your off hours at night, call the ambulance, don't carry him!!!Take care yourself...

sweetchad

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville Ab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 19, 2011
AOR Received.
September 26, 2011
Med's Request
October 18,2012
Med's Done....
November 22,2012
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hardwokerAngel said:
If you did patiently doing that before you can still do that for 5 days..Don't give up 5 days is soon to be done..after that your free, don't worry about reference as long as you have your ROE. just help your self by eating, so your body will not be weaky even you don't have proper sleep..The next time he fell in his bed,especially if he fell during your off hours at night, call the ambulance, don't carry him!!!Take care yourself...

i agree..good idea hardworkangel.