15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed
Applied on 15 September

Got Blank Updates on 10 Nov, 31 Dec
Approved on 5 January
waiting for Mail.

I have question regarding TRV
Do you we have to choose " Returning Worker or Other " as option in the Form?
" Transit or Visitor " we have to choose - VISITOR ?

Eng_333

Nov 22, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am trying to contact CIC but I do not have any phone number or email. How did you contact them?
Thanks

Fraya

Dec 15, 2015
dipica said:
Applied on 15 September

Got Blank Updates on 10 Nov, 31 Dec
Approved on 5 January
waiting for Mail.

I have question regarding TRV
Do you we have to choose " Returning Worker or Other " as option in the Form?
" Transit or Visitor " we have to choose - VISITOR ?
Hi, can you please tell me that did you apply by paper or online?

dipica

Aug 21, 2013
SINP
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
24-05-2016
Doc's Request.
18-11-2016
Nomination.....
18-03-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
15-06-2017
LANDED..........
Landed

baddigam

Jan 7, 2016
I completed my post graduation in December 2014; received transcripts in February 2, 2015.
I paid online fee on feb 20, 2015 and forwarded it to my lawyer.
My application for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) reached on March 13, 2015. There was an increase of fees of $100 on February 21, 2015.
A letter dated April 30, 2015 from CIC advised that my visa status was expired on March 31, 2015 and I should submit a new application within 90 days of March 31, 2015 with appropriate fee along with restoration fee.
On May 15, 2015 my new application along with appropriate fees and forms reached CIC.
After 4 months (120 days) (Sep 14,) 2015 I was denied PGWP as CIC stated “failure to submit within time frame”.
I appealed through lawyer in Sep 20, 2015 to look into the case but on January 6, 2016 my case was closed.
My lawyer stated that “CIC refused to re-open your file” despite numerous attempts.
Now I'm out of status... :( :( :(

I know there might be many students out there sailing in the same boat where few are fortunate.
If any of you are willing to share with me can contact me at s.baddigam@gamil.com .I know one option will be federal appeal and let me know if you have any other options. plz get in touch with me and.. Thanks

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
baddigam said:
I completed my post graduation in December 2014; received transcripts in February 2, 2015.
My application for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) reached on March 13, 2015. There was an increase of fees of $100 on February 21, 2015.
A letter dated April 30, 2015 from CIC advised that my visa status was expired on March 31, 2015 and I should submit a new application within 90 days of March 31, 2015 with appropriate fee along with restoration fee.
On May 15, 2015 my new application along with appropriate fees and forms reached CIC.
After 4 months (120 days) (Sep 14,) 2015 I was denied PGWP as CIC stated “failure to submit within time frame”.
I appealed through lawyer in Sep 20, 2015 to look into the case but on January 6, 2016 my case was closed.
My lawyer stated that “CIC refused to re-open your file” despite numerous attempts.

I know there might be many students out there sailing in the same boat where few are fortunate.
If any of you are willing to share with me can contact me at s.baddigam@gamil.com .I know one option will be federal appeal and let me know if you have any other options. plz get in touch with me and.. Thanks
I don't understand your situation. If you applied for the PGWP while your student visa was valid then they cannot tell you that your visa expired while you were waiting. Obviously if processing times are 4 months at least, your visa is bound to expire while you are waiting. That is why if you apply while your visa is still valid, you fall under implied status.

Something in your story doesn't make sense

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys. If you go on CIC website and check processing times for "Work Permit" it says 1month. How does this make sense? Any updates from anyone that applied between Sep15-30?

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hdizzle said:
Hi Guys. If you go on CIC website and check processing times for "Work Permit" it says 1month. How does this make sense? Any updates from anyone that applied between Sep15-30?
Instead of selecting "WORK PERMIT" You need to select "Work Permit Extension (New Employer)" for PGWP processing time. make sense?

vimalind

Aug 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baddigam said:

I agree with you Lady_in_red, There is something missing in this case!!

Hi Baddigamm, could you post briefly about your all application submission date confirmation from your MyCIC profile inbox. That is only official record you can fight back with appeal!! Hope if am wrong about this information kindly correct me seniors and Jubear!!

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baddigam said:
Badiggam,

Like others have commented on your questionable situation, I find it inconceivable that you may have used the same lawyer or law firm after the first attempt failed.

First, let us begin with you the principal applicant;
How come you graduated in December, 2014 and received your transcript on February 2, 2015? This is almost 2 months. To me that is the 1st red flag. You paid your processing fee online on February 20, 2015 and then forwarded it to your lawyer. This is 18+ days later. That is the 2nd red flag. Too much time wasted.

Secondly, your lawyer;

How is it possible that your application reached CIC on March 13, 2015? This is 21 days later and is the 3rd red flag.

Thirdly, CIC;

As far as I know, CIC and its agents have made a number of mistakes in the refusal letters that they've emailed to applicants especially:
1) Misquoting the expiry date of the applicant's temporary status and/or
2) Miscalculation of the applicant's 90 days of restoration after they've received a refusal letter. For example, your 90 days of restoration were supposed to expire on June 28, 2015 .
- The 3rd red flag tells me that either your lawyer submitted the application very late or CIC is to blame in this case and they should reopen your case.

SUGGESTIONS
- Fire your current lawyer ASAP.
- Find a new smart and diligent immigration lawyer (and/or law firm) who knows what they are doing and can submit your application on time. By submission I mean the date the package reaches CIC and CIC confirms that they've received it. A package should arrive within 2 - 4 business days.
- Compile all necessary documentation including refusal emails that you received from CIC and talk to your new lawyer.
- Make sure that the immigration lawyer has the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) membership #.
- I believe you have a case since your 90-day restoration period was supposed to expire on June 28, 2015.
- You should be included in the appealing process every step of the way.
- It is your responsibility to provide the required information to CIC.
- Find out if your new lawyer/representative is authorized at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/verify-rep.asp

It is now more than a year since you graduated and its unfortunate that you have no legal status. However, learn from your mistakes and move forward. Lastly, please do not give up on yourself and your dreams. Therefore, act fast before you are forced on to a plane.

Cheers and good luck because you'll need it!

baddigam

Jan 7, 2016
Hi Jubear,
I studied mohawk IBM(8months) and at st lawrence-alpha Gas program (4 months)which they printed our transcripts on feb 2nd 2015 and by the time it reached us there is a 3-5days of time lapse. then after gathering all the necessary documents I thought of applying online on feb 20 , 2015 but my friend from mohawk after 8 month study he applied through the lawyer and received 3 yr pgwp. so i went to the same lawyer and submitted my documents on 26 feb. the lawyer filed all the documents around march 6th which cic acknowledged it on 13 march 2015.
april 30, 2015 dated that i need to pay restoration and fee difference. my lawyer and i sent the file in may and they acknowledged it around 13 may 2015. finally got rejected in september 14 and then i changed the lawyer to ravi jain ( green and spigel). and the have appealed on sep 20 , 2015.. finally on jan 6th 2016 they rejected my pgwp and case was closed.
here I guess that since my graduation is in dec 2014 and they received the full payment in may 13 2015; they denying that i passed the 90day window period to apply for pgwp.
after lawyers appeal in sep 20 2015 cic asked for 30 working days but finally on jan 6 2016 they responded that my case was closed.
i dont know how to react as my lawyer suggesting two things 1- trying Temp residence permit 2- federal judicial appeal.. I literally cant afford but i dont see a choice. :mad: :mad: already i spent all my financial resources i see a road block....
please suggest me what can be done in my case.
mean while i cleared my pharmacist exams and registration is in process need work permit to do internship and apply for licensing and start a job.
can a Member of Parliament be able to open up my closed case?
please suggest all other options.. Thankyou one and all for your support..
all my friends applied through school and received 3 yr pgwp and they submitted at the same time .

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
baddigam said:
Hi Jubear,

I dont know how to react as my lawyer suggesting two things 1- trying Temp residence permit 2- federal judicial appeal.. I literally cant afford but i dont see a choice. :mad: :mad: already i spent all my financial resources i see a road block....
please suggest me what can be done in my case.
mean while i cleared my pharmacist exams and registration is in process need work permit to do internship and apply for licensing and start a job.
can a Member of Parliament be able to open up my closed case?
please suggest all other options.. Thank you one and all for your support..
all my friends applied through school and received 3 yr pgwp and they submitted at the same time .
Badiggam,

Every applicant's application is processed on a case by case basis. Not according to your fellow students who went to the same school as you. Each one's situation is different. For example, some students don't go to school full time as required, others don't do co-ops or internships. Even if they do, they might do so at different times. This means that each applicant's duration at school and length of PGWP issued might be different or refused. So please never assume anything.

Try every possible avenue that there is, including your Member of Parliament (MP) ASAP. MPs do actually help.

Cheers!