Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
vimalind said:
TRV Online Application submitted on Jan 6, 2016
Requested Passport on Jan 7, 2016
Sent Passport to CIC Ottawa by Xpresspost on Jan 8,2016
Expected Delivery on Jan 12, 2016
Expected Passport Return soon..
Wow :eek: now I don't get why they haven't requested mine...I'm starting to get worried :(

vicky0907wang

Dec 6, 2015
really?? I applied on the August 31st. and I got an update email on last Friday on the 8th, saying your application has an update, when I got into my cic account, it went from updated to submitted again.. I saw many September applicants already got approval, hoping we can got approved soon. this waiting game is really torture us, even though i had a job... just want to get it done ASAP....

zhouyvan said:
I applied online 21 Aug, I called them today, he said " CIC starts working on your application on 31 Oct, and they have 120 days to finish it so you will get the decision on the end of Feb or the first week of March"... I really dont understand, so many tricks they could do to give themselves excuses to delay without a dead line.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Really, I thought it was 120 days from when you submitted to them, not when they start looking on it, this is so messed up. Who can we talk to find out what is going on. I thought with a Government agency everyone would have similar stories and not all different stories dealing with the same situation. I know everyone case is different, but how much different can it be.

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
They dont know what is "responsable"

jahrule said:
Really, I thought it was 120 days from when you submitted to them, not when they start looking on it, this is so messed up. Who can we talk to find out what is going on. I thought with a Government agency everyone would have similar stories and not all different stories dealing with the same situation. I know everyone case is different, but how much different can it be.

hdizzle

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Hey guys same thing happened to me. Went for the first time it said updated. Then when I checked again its back to submitted. Should we call them? Has anyone sent Case Specific Inquiry and gotten a response? It really is torture. I applied Sept24th I dont even know if/when they opened my application.

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
zhouyvan said:
They dont know what is "responsable"
The solution would be to start a protest in front of the door of CIC, do something in order that everyone has to hear our voice,
they definitely don't care, they treat people not humanly, they don't give explanation because they have power and each of us is nothing (I was told by the secretary of the member of parliament that they don't like to be pushy, so maybe the more we call them the more the documents are delayed)
It might be that they work in this way in order to make money since there are thousand of international students here that can not work can not do anything (can not even have a medical insurance) so this is an income for the government. If they would state on the CIC website that we have to wait up to two year, of course most of the student (me first) would go back to their country and wait from there.

I applied in May so is gonna be 8 months

mahi0204

Jan 11, 2016
hdizzle said:
Hey guys same thing happened to me. Went for the first time it said updated. Then when I checked again its back to submitted. Should we call them? Has anyone sent Case Specific Inquiry and gotten a response? It really is torture. I applied Sept24th I dont even know if/when they opened my application.
same thing with me. applied on 23rd sep

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Totally agree with you. I feel so helpless and sad.
NDUFB11 said:
The solution would be to start a protest in front of the door of CIC, do something in order that everyone has to hear our voice,
they definitely don't care, they treat people not humanly, they don't give explanation because they have power and each of us is nothing (I was told by the secretary of the member of parliament that they don't like to be pushy, so maybe the more we call them the more the documents are delayed)
It might be that they work in this way in order to make money since there are thousand of international students here that can not work can not do anything (can not even have a medical insurance) so this is an income for the government. If they would state on the CIC website that we have to wait up to two year, of course most of the student (me first) would go back to their country and wait from there.

I applied in May so is gonna be 8 months

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
vicky0907wang said:
really?? I applied on the August 31st. and I got an update email on last Friday on the 8th, saying your application has an update, when I got into my cic account, it went from updated to submitted again.. I saw many September applicants already got approval, hoping we can got approved soon. this waiting game is really torture us, even though i had a job... just want to get it done ASAP....
I applied on the 31st as well!!! And got an updated message today and when I looked it went back to being submitted!!! What the hell does it mean???

ru554611

Dec 23, 2015
Maybe mass media??

Anyways, if you guys are going to write petition or protest in front of CIC send me a message, I'm in :))

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Seeing all the pain of waiting for PGWP, I wanted to share a bit of encouragement and tips for my fellow PGWP applicants. I know your pain. I waited for PGWP for 7 (seven!) months. (By the way, it has finally arrived in mail recently. Yay!)

Back to the point. To all of you still waiting: please, do not waste your time in frustration. It is fruitless. Instead, use that time for something new or exciting:

- start or resume a hobby,
- work out,
- learn something new,
- explore your city or town and its surroundings,
- connect with friends and make new ones - doesn't have to be expensive to have fun,
- start a hobby project together with friends,
- help your friends (or family, if they are here) and let others help you too,
- check out a local public library - there is a wealth of free useful and entertaining materials,
- practice writing resumes and cover letters,
- practice interview questions,
- read books or listen to podcasts related to your (future) job,
- or even start a blog about your quest for PGWP.

Take a look at a TRV application, if you need one. It doesn't hurt to prepare for it in advance to clarify any confusing questions, so you will be ready to go when you get PGWP.

Remember to take care of yourself, get plenty of sleep (no excuse for that!), stay active, and eat healthy. Even if you are on a budget, you can still stay on a relatively healthy diet. Trust me. I had to reconsider my groceries shopping list when I realized that having meat every day or those delicious chocolate cookies with ice cream were a burden for my budget. Instead, I went to incorporate beans for main course, learned some new exciting recipes, stayed off processed carbs and sugars, and went for seasonal vegetables and fruit. Result: happier budget and (hopefully) healthier diet. Pro tips: if you cook and shop for groceries by yourself, remember to check out store flyers and bulk items, compare unit prices, stock up on sales (do not overbuy and overeat though), make a shopping list in advance, and never shop on an empty stomach. *trust me with the last one too* ;D

Think of the time you spend waiting for PGWP as an opportunity to invest in your career capital. You can either procrastinate (okay, we all do that sometimes) or use that time to sharpen your skills. Reaching out for help is a great idea too. Ask a friend to review your cover letter and resume, or do a mock interview. Ask for feedback and be open to hear it.

Use the PGWP processing time as a time to grow and learn. You will benefit greatly from spending a few hours per day on professional development. A little investment can go a long way. So, start investing in your career capital now. Do not give up hope. Instead, focus on what you can do rather than what you cannot do. While a decision on a work permit is in hands of CIC, your own future is in your hands.

You've come a long way to be able to apply for PGWP - went to live abroad in a foreign country, survived, adapted, and succeeded in completing studies. Use those skills to make the best out of time and resources you currently have.

Take care!

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
^ or you could just work on implied status... It's legal in most cases (I don't remember the exact conditions, you'll need to look it up).

Lady_in__red

Dec 30, 2015
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got approved today!!!!!! ;D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Incredible!!! What a relief!!!

Applied august 31st 2015!!!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
elokuu said:
^ or you could just work on implied status... It's legal in most cases (I don't remember the exact conditions, you'll need to look it up).
Yep, that's a perfectly good thing to do too on implied status. :) Those were just thoughts on what to do in case job search is not going well.