Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi, could some friends here explain me what is this please :

today I went into CIC web, and see my status from submitted to updated, and i click in, nothing changed then I went out, it back to submitted....

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
wow I got aproved:) 21 aug online pgwp, becoz two days ago I contacted my local MP :) He really helped me hahaha

roypark

Jan 11, 2016
zhouyvan said:
wow I got aproved:) 21 aug online pgwp, becoz two days ago I contacted my local MP :) He really helped me hahaha
Hi there,

Can I ask you what MP actually did for you and can do for me if I contact them?

Like they call CIC for us? or stuffs like that?

shruti88

Dec 27, 2015
Hi everyone.

i applied for a pgwp online on 16th September 2015. my study permit and trv was valid until 30th November 2015.

I had to travel back to India in November due to some family emergency.
my application status in my cic account has been "open" for the last 4 months .
im worried now since im in a different country .. i cant even call on the toll free number to find out about my application status.

is there anybody who applied around that time and still hasnt received their permit?

::)

regards!!

mahi0204

Jan 11, 2016
shruti88 said:
Hi everyone.

i applied for a pgwp online on 16th September 2015. my study permit and trv was valid until 30th November 2015.

I had to travel back to India in November due to some family emergency.
my application status in my cic account has been "open" for the last 4 months .
im worried now since im in a different country .. i cant even call on the toll free number to find out about my application status.

is there anybody who applied around that time and still hasnt received their permit?

::)
sep 23rd still waiting....applied online
regards!!

zhouyvan

Sep 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 2016
Med's Done....
Juin 2016
Passport Req..
waiting
Hi, you can search the MP of ur location, and email to him/her. Me is the MP of Montreal where I live.

roypark said:
Hi there,

Can I ask you what MP actually did for you and can do for me if I contact them?

Like they call CIC for us? or stuffs like that?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Does anyone realize that from last week to this week CIC only work on 2 days of application in August but everyone in September seems to be getting through

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahrule said:
Does anyone realize that from last week to this week CIC only work on 2 days of application in August but everyone in September seems to be getting through
Yes, did notice that...and also people who applied later than me in august, are also getting approvals.
No idea whats goin on.

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
guillecr said:
You should check your passport carefully, because the officer did the same to my SP but he stamped my passport too.

I was trying to do the application but at the end, my application did not request my PGWP, so i will answer all the questions again and see whats going on.... This happened to anybody here?
Yeah, I should check stamps in the future. Didn't realize that the officers could be so careless.

Are you talking about a questionnaire for a TRV application? If you have a PGWP, make sure you answer the following questions correctly:

What would you like to do in Canada? Work
Current country of residence? Canada
Immigration status in Canada? Worker
What best describes your situation? Open Work Permit

The above was posted by Jubear earlier in this tread. The answers work like a charm. :)

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an email saying my application has been updated.
On logging in to my account, on the homepage the application is approved. But when i click on 'check status and messages', the status there is 'open'.

Did this happen to anyone else too?
I am bit confused.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
pankaj281 said:
I got an email saying my application has been updated.
On logging in to my account, on the homepage the application is approved. But when i click on 'check status and messages', the status there is 'open'.

Did this happen to anyone else too?
I am bit confused.
Congrats man you have being waiting a long time now

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jahrule said:
Congrats man you have being waiting a long time now
Thanks bro.
But i am not sure if my application is approved or not.
Coz on the homeoage it says 'approved'
But when i click on application, it says 'open'

travellerr

Dec 16, 2015
Can anyone help with these questions, please? They are for the TRV form IMM5257.

(1) What dates shall I write in the From-To fields of the current country of residence (Canada) given that my current status is Worker (not Student anymore)? I think that the end date should be work permit's expiry date. But what should go in the From field? Date of issue of PWGP or something else, like an end date of a study permit?

(2) What should we reply to the question "name, address, and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit?". A future employer LOL? What if you are currently unemployed? Would something like this work in that case:
Name: Future (or prospective) Employer, Relationship to me: Employer, Address: Some city in Canada (I will write the name of the city where I am currently in)

(3) If you have had more than 3 occupations in the past 10 years, how can you reflect that in the Employment section, if there is only space for 3 occupations? I know that if you apply by paper, you can print out more pages, and fill them in. What is a correct way to handle that for online applications?

ndrs11

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Hi

travellerr said:
Can anyone help with these questions, please? They are for the TRV form IMM5257.

(1) What dates shall I write in the From-To fields of the current country of residence (Canada) given that my current status is Worker (not Student anymore)? I think that the end date should be work permit's expiry date. But what should go in the From field? Date of issue of PWGP or something else, like an end date of a study permit?
- in the from field put today's date, and in te to put the expiry date of your PGWP

(2) What should we reply to the question "name, address, and relationship of any person(s) or institution(s) I will visit?". A future employer LOL? What if you are currently unemployed? Would something like this work in that case:
Name: Future (or prospective) Employer, Relationship to me: Employer, Address: Some city in Canada (I will write the name of the city where I am currently in)
- put Not Applicable or N/A to all of that

(3) If you have had more than 3 occupations in the past 10 years, how can you reflect that in the Employment section, if there is only space for 3 occupations? I know that if you apply by paper, you can print out more pages, and fill them in. What is a correct way to handle that for online applications?
- Add them in a Letter and upload it it on the 'letter of explanation' under the optional documents.

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
pankaj281 said:
Thanks bro.
But i am not sure if my application is approved or not.
Coz on the homeoage it says 'approved'
But when i click on application, it says 'open'
Did you get an email though, because you know they do things backward, so it will probably come soon