+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Let's share timeline, PGWP March applicant

NDUFB11

Oct 22, 2015
Hi Jubear,
As far as you know is there anybody who applied with a lawyer and have been waiting for more then 4 months to get the work permit?
do you think it would make the difference?

thanks

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010
jubear said:
Tosinosho1992,

There is one thing I have learnt about CIC. They are unpredictable/inconsistent and can protect themselves when it suits them. If you've been following this forum for the past 9 months, I'm pretty sure by now you know that thousands of graduates couldn't work because of the vague implied status definition/incentives that so many employers doubted and questioned. A lot of applicants lost jobs they had held at the time, lost job offers after interviews, got frustrated, stressed and disappointed by CIC.

Imagine a situation where you apply for PR, wait for 16 months or less and get rejected just because you didn't fulfill the 1 year work experience requirement at the time of application. Then you get frustrated, stressed, spend more and perhaps apply for restoration. Its not a good experience for anyone. I know quite a few PR applicants who faced those problems.

To be on a safe side, the Rule of Thumb is to: Count the duration of your work experience gained after you received your PGWP. Most PGWP holders who faced these challenges, including those who are still waiting wouldn't want to naively face the same obstacles and stressful experiences. Personally I think that it is better to take the necessary precautions, no rush, get that work experience required with a WP and a job within the expected NOC codes. That way you clear any doubt on your side as an applicant and that of the processing agents.

Cheers!
Good point

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NDUFB11 said:
Hi Jubear,
As far as you know is there anybody who applied with a lawyer and have been waiting for more then 4 months to get the work permit?
do you think it would make the difference?
thanks
NDUFB11,

I don't really know anyone. I've only been able to help out those who have spent lots of $$$ on lawyers with no gain but pain. So I doubt if it would make a difference unless it is a very special circumstance that wouldn't necessarily expedite the application, but rather help you get the WP for however long it takes.

Cheers!

numair728

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
anyone received PGWP yet from september/october applicants?
i applied on october 2nd. and this wait is giving me so much pain.
still waiting....

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
jubear said:
Imagine a situation where you apply for PR, wait for 16 months or less and get rejected just because you didn't fulfill the 1 year work experience requirement at the time of application. Then you get frustrated, stressed, spend more and perhaps apply for restoration. Its not a good experience for anyone. I know quite a few PR applicants who faced those problems.

Cheers!
I had similar experience when I applied for PR under the PhD student category. They rejected my application after one year of applying stating I have only 65 points. I would have saved $550 and 1 year if they had rejected my application after checking the eligibility when I submitted :(

Awesome7

Jun 6, 2015
mumbaikar said:
I had similar experience when I applied for PR under the PhD student category. They rejected my application after one year of applying stating I have only 65 points. I would have saved $550 and 1 year if they had rejected my application after checking the eligibility when I submitted :(
They can be cruel that way. I think that Jubear's wise words and you sharing your experience further cements the importance of taking precaution. As future applicants we will learn from this. I hope that you applied again though. All the best man.

Eng_333

Nov 22, 2015
Hi everyone,
thanks for your help. I am really worried about my work permit. I got my approval letter on November 20, 2015 and it has been more that six week since I received it. I sent a case specific inquiry reporting my situation, but they haven't responded yet. What should I do? I am from Ontario. Help me out please.
This is my situation: on November 20 (Friday), 2015 I got my approval letter stating that the a secure document had been sent to my address in Ontario. However, I was not living in the address that I wrote in my application, so I bought a mail forwarding to my new apartment from Canada Post which started on November 26 (Tuesday), 2015. So I do not know whether my work permit was received in my previous address on November 25 (Monday), 2015 or not. Could it be possible that the mail delivery be done from Friday to Monday (only 3-4 days including weekend) from Alberta to Ontario?
So basically, this the timeline of my problem:
Nov 20, 2015 (Friday): Got the approval letter.
Nov 25, 2015 (Monday): Not sure if the work permit was delivered to my old address.
Nov 26, 2015 (Tuesday: Began my mail forwarding to my current apartment

Thanks for your time

Eng_333

Nov 22, 2015
nizolas said:
Just fyi,
Applied: May 13th
Approved on: Nov 9th
Mail delivery: still waiting (219 days)

Called them today and told them that Monday 21st will be six that my work permit is granted and they said i still need to wait for Monday to ask for a re-print. He can put the request for a re-print in the system yet because it's not 6 weeks yet and I can still receive the work permit from Canada post during the weekend.
Hello,
I am in the same situation as you. I got my approval letter on Nov 20, 2015 and I haven't received my work permit. Now it has been more that six weeks. So I am trying to contact them but I do not have any phone number or email. How did you contact them?
Thanks beforehand

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
Hi everyone,
my timeline is :
paper application received by cic - sept 11

getting worried cos I thought I should have it by now following the 100 days processing timescale

anybody with similar case pls?

ujont

Jan 7, 2016
winnipeg141 said:
I just received work permit today :) Sent paper application around Aug 29.
Hi, congrats. was aug 29 the day you mailed it or the day cic received it? thanks for sharing

mets15

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd do an update here for anyone looking to travel and worried. I got my PGWP on December 4th in hand, booked flights to the US immediately. I just got back from a 3 week vacation and had absolutely no issues at customs, took no more than a minute with the officer, as he just asked if I only went to the US. So anyone facing delays and running out of time for a TRV application, you can always go to the US and come back no issues! This was my second time doing this actually, last year with a study permit and now with the PGWP.

Good luck.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tosinosho1992 said:
Hi Guys,

My application finally got approved today. Application date: August 14th. Thanks and good luck to everyone waiting.
Congrats man.